Doug Levin Motorsports TT Murcielago Roadster - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 01:03 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Doug Levin Motorsports TT Murcielago Roadster

I want to start off by saying that this is by far the fastest car I have ever had a chance to ride in. There aren't too many words to describe what a TT Murcie feels and sounds like. The best description I had heard today is that it sounds like a jet.

Doug Levin Passed by my hotel to take me out for a spin. Besides his wife I was the first person to ride in the passenger seat, and it was truly an honor. As nice of a guy as it gets, and a true car enthusiast. Very down to earth and humble.

Driveability:

The car has the manneurisms and driveability of a regular Murcielago. The car is driven with the stock clutch for the time being, and if you are a careful and cogniscent driver, the stock clutch should hold for a LONG time (ie no slippage, and no clutch smell at stops.) Exhaust sounds like a regular aftermarket exhaust until you hit boost then it screams like a redheaded stepchild. We were holding conversations while on the highway, and people typically buy a Lamborghini for the noise anyways. A/C worked perfectly, no gargle of backfire while downshifting or letting off of the throttle.

Power:

Very smooth and linear power delivery. Boost kicks in early (around 2.5k-3k rpms), after that the front end lifts, the wastegates open and the redline comes up faster than one could possibly imagine. Lag is basically non existant. The Murci is a quick revving car as it is. The car makes 800hp at the motor. It feels like more than that if you can imagine it. I have been in a Murcie Roadster under hard aceleration, and this feels 2 times as fast under boost. The car will spin all 4 wheels all through 1st, and I would imagine part of second gear. The blowoff valve noise under hard accelleration is louder than any Supra I have heard. Especially in a open topped Roadster. I have to imagine that when he was on it, it must have been an almost scary situation to be next to the car. If you the type of person that doesn't like attention, do not put a tt on your lambo. It is an indescribable sound that this car makes that gave me goosebumps. Nothing I have heard compares to it. Including being next to a Tubi'ed Enzo at over 100mph. It is absolutely incredible. The A/F at idle was 14.7 which is ideal as it gets.

Looks:

Doug is known for being a perfectionist, and this kit really looks amazing. It is still being R&D'ed, but everything is where it should be. The lifteable air ducts on the side provide air to the air to water intercooler that keeps the kit cool. Everything is either coated with heat resistant material, or thermal wrapped. The kit sits far back in the engine as seen from the pictures I posted earlier. Everyone around this car seemed as if they were forced to look at this car. Caused quite a hooplah at the lobby entrance of the hotel. I can go on and on about looks, but its a Lambo of course it is gorgeous.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2007, 01:29 PM

pictures of the kit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg post-679-1183846966_thumb.jpg (50.0 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg post-679-1183847364_thumb.jpg (58.6 KB, 298 views)
File Type: jpg post-679-1183847261_thumb.jpg (46.6 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg post-679-1183847169_thumb.jpg (55.5 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg post-679-1183847099_thumb.jpg (37.0 KB, 290 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-17-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Awesome

800 HP wow!! . Good post bud, bring in a video or something man, would love to watch this beast running. How much does it cost to put a TT kit in this car and are there any problems that would develop on this high end motor later on in coming years.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashupawar View Post
800 HP wow!! . Good post bud, bring in a video or something man, would love to watch this beast running. How much does it cost to put a TT kit in this car and are there any problems that would develop on this high end motor later on in coming years.

I believe Doug is working on a vid, and as soon as he sends me it I will post it. This is the first kit, and a real cost has not come out yet, but I know it will be a pretty penny. No problems on it yet. Air Fuel is safe, stock clutch is holding, etc. It is still in the R&D phase so not much else that I know of.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:01 PM

Need better pictures, but from what I can see, it looks pretty crazy!

"From the heavy rumble of a stormy night, through the trumpeting of mighty elephants, to the roar of a raging lion, the SuperVeloce performs the grand opera for 12 cylinders, 48 valves, and 8000 revs!"
Old 08-20-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWA2MKII View Post
Need better pictures, but from what I can see, it looks pretty crazy!
Couple More Pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_081607_010.jpg (33.8 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_081607_016.jpg (82.9 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_081607_018.jpg (106.0 KB, 240 views)
Old 08-29-2007, 08:56 PM

Check it out. This video shows how fast this thing is, and the sound it creates. As far as in car sound, the only thing in the video that kind of shows it is the coming out of the toll booth portion.

TURN YOUR SPEAKERS UP!!!

http://dvii.streamitnow.com/index.ph......=view&id=27
Old 08-29-2007, 10:58 PM

The link isn't working for me. I get a video but not of a car
Old 08-30-2007, 12:24 PM

http://dvii.streamitnow.com/index.ph...ask=view&id=27

See if it works now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9clqZrEHORo
Old 08-30-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikemike420 View Post
Working now. Thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in