Curiosity abounds - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2019, 11:28 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Curiosity abounds

Hello Everyone,

I am very curious as to what the owners of exotic cars within the 31 US states and the 4 Canadian provinces do to affix the mandatory front license plate?

Do you take the risk of a ticket and drive without a front plate?
Do you have a plate mounted on the front having been drilled into the body?
Do you leave the front plate on the dash or in the passenger seat?
Do you have an under mount stick on plate mount? or
Have you seen my EezePlate

Just curious..... would love to hear from you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2019, 12:20 PM

Option 1:
"Take the risk of a ticket and drive without"

I do this for the Lotus, BMW, Raptor and Trackhawk. Been lucky, but even when I did get pulled over I got a verbal warning. It went "I know this is a really nice car, but you should probably have a front plate." Even the cops know it's stupid.

There are 2 reasons for the front plate. The first is it makes it harder to outfit a car with stolen plates, you have to steal 2 instead of 1, and the second is that it gives them something to aim the LIDAR at when trying to catch speeders. The second is what will usually get you pulled over when they can't get a decent lock on you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-09-2019, 12:30 PM

Hi REKIII - thanks for this info - sounds like we have similar interests - we have a Lotus Elise and a Raptor
Here in Toronto, cops are not as nice -- they'll take the $375 for a ticket in a heartbeat!

Old 09-09-2019, 01:45 PM

Ouch. yeah, it sucks when they are just in it for the Money Grab.

Exige and a Raptor here.....quite the opposite ends of the automotive spectrum!!
Old 09-09-2019, 02:07 PM

Gallery: 6

Depends a lot on where you are I think. In Oregon they have collector car plates. They come with many restrictions, but you do not have a front plate. If you get pulled over, just don't say you are breaking the restrictions and you are fine.

In southern Washington, where I am at now, my wife did not put on her front plate and has not had an issues in 6 or 7 years. She keeps the plate under the seat just in case, but has never been bothered.

In my area, it doesn't seem like enough of a concern for police to bother you about it. If you get pulled over for something else, they will probably add it to the list of fines, unless you have a good excuse.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

I don't have a front plate on any of my cars, never have an issue. In Puerto Rico where i have a few cars, we do not have front plates here.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:40 PM

In Ohio, where I live, they just recently passed a law eliminating the need for a front plate. Prior to that I “took my chances”. Never got stopped. Did get pulled over a couple of times for tinted windows, but only got warnings. I ignored them.
2008 Gallardo SL (Sold)
Old 09-09-2019, 05:03 PM

Take the risk and go without. My son doesn't have one on his 911 either. I daily drove an S2000 without one for several years, got pulled over several times, and the officer never mentioned it. But my wife got stopped in her old Hyundai and I got stopped in her Focus. I asked a Dallas cop once about that and he said "I know it's the law, but I have cop things to do" lol
Old 09-09-2019, 07:21 PM

What is a front plate? In Texas we remove everything with detrimental function and it goes in a box. Smog pump, catalytic converter, etc. You then get an antique classic plate and SHAZAM no inspection. You gotta love freedom. Lee
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2001 Hummer H1 Wagon (sold)
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX

Last edited by Lee T; 09-09-2019 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:43 PM

Wow, thanks for these stories - and I have to admit, a couple made me chuckle!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in