Buying a Lambo - boosting your business and personal social - Page 3 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2019, 07:38 AM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
I think it is as much how you feel about yourself as the car makes you appear. I think owning a Lambo is a way to outwardly show that you are successful. I don't like to talk about money to friends nor wear flashy clothes or jewelry. Only my best friend knows my true income. I have helped him greatly increase his income and net worth by just setting goals and thinking bigger so when alone we share secrets. I always downplay the lambo with everyone else. Keeps the vultures at bay. Lee
This.
The first thing people ask me is "how much did you PAY for that!?" I downplay the elusiveness and associated wealth assumption with the "man, I wish I could have flat out paid for it, but financing definitely helps!" It's crazy, everyone knows the whole world primarily finances vehicles, but when it comes to these cars the general public has this idea that the bulk of us just wrote a check (let alone a wire) for $250k, $450k, etc. I tell everyone I finance my perf even though I bought it outright lol.

Last edited by SouthJersey; 08-25-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2019, 07:25 PM

I like that Jersey. Just say "what the foc I got this car cheap and pay 199 per month."

I like to pay cash for toys also.Lee
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2001 Hummer H1 Wagon (sold)
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-21-2019, 08:43 PM

I used to pay cash for toys, but now I finance them since they money is so cheap. I can make more in even my safest investments than I'm paying in interest. I do, however, make sure I pay a decent down payment, so I'm never upside down, and I have the cash to pay for it outright (otherwise, you can't really afford it).

There are only a handful of work colleagues that know about my Lambo. Most know about my Maserati and that's enough to "boost" my business reputation/coolness factor. I found the Maserati definitely had a positive impact business wise. It's exotic enough that most people ooh'd and ahh'd, but not so in your face as the Lambo or Ferarri. They seemed to respect it and not think I was making too much off of them; they were happy I was doing well and wanted to be part of that winning formula.

I'll let you know if the opposite happens if they find out about the more exotic cars.

tl;dr: Buy for personal reasons, do not buy for potential business benefits.

Old 09-15-2019, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toplambo View Post

On a work level, I've always kept it private and never share it with clients or colleagues. Some folks love them and will be happy for you. But most people get jealous and will hate you for it, potentially jeopardizing your business, sales or career.

* Personal = do it.
* Work = not do it.
This, always try to keep work/personal life separate
Old Today, 07:19 PM

Money is really cheap but you are also assuming your investments will never take a big hit. Those of us that have lived through a couple of crashes may see things differently. Look at the recent 10% drop in the stock market. Depending on where your investments are, you could have taken a big hit. I mainly invest in land and buildings. Usually very long term stable and great returns just not very liquid. Lee
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2001 Hummer H1 Wagon (sold)
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in