JARAMA still a bargain ??? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Jarama

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 10:11 AM

Gallery: 0
Default JARAMA still a bargain ???

Hi Folks,
In Europe, I've noticed for last 3 months that you can't find a good well serviced Jarama GTS for less than 40.000 euro or 60.000 US$.

This still sounds cheap for a vintage Lambo. Because if you buy a project restoration Jarama (for 20.000 euro) and consider the real cost to rebuilt engine, good paintjob, electricity, interior and so on, that's not so far from the Miura restoration budget.

I'm pleased with that fact, my GTS is nice, but my advice to you is : Hurry up guys, because this model is gonna to increase its value as Islero was doing last year and still going on to 100.000 euro.
Never forget Jarama GTS is a limited production serie of 150 models, as it was for the Miura SV.
Cheers,
Olivier
www.jaramaregistry.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2008, 12:54 AM

I went to go and see a Jarama GTS in Milan back in 2000, at the time the asking price was Euro 18,000 it was a good solid car, a few bubbles of rust around the wheel wells, interior was leather with cloth inserts (looked a little worn) and one slightly damaged rim Repairable with about 100 Euro), I was very serious about buying it until I drove it - no power steering and very very uncomfortable to park and drive at low speed. The Jarama is a quite heavy car with the V12 sititng in front. I wonder why Lamborghini did not engineer P.S. until the series III Espada? Did any Jaramas come with P.S.?

Alex
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-05-2008, 02:18 AM

Alex, I invite you to read the Jaramaregistry...you will discover Jarama had P.S. as an option...I totally agree with you its a truck to park without P.S.
My second Jarama GTS has P.S. too and it worths so much to invest in a car with this option, it makes a world of difference !
Cheers,
Olivier

Old 03-05-2008, 04:14 AM

Gallery: 1

they are cheap compared to isleros,
with 350 and 400GT value up in the sky and the islero that looks almost the same it was pretty much to say

i have to say the jarama design is not one of best bertone worcks and many would never consider one for its strange look

i have never been a jarama fan until i have seen a black one in pics :
it looks spectacular in black IMO

it is much more agressive and looks more compact and sporty: a sort of italian muscle car
Old 03-05-2008, 04:50 AM

You made a great choice to buy one with P.S. I remember seeing more than one Jarama on ebay.com 6-7 years ago (the era of the $50,000 Countach) with removable roof panels .... a very nice option - one was a red car if I recall.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:57 PM

You made a great choice to buy one with P.S. I remember seeing more than one Jarama on ebay.com 6-7 years ago (the era of the $50,000 Countach) with removable roof panels .... a very nice option - one was a red car if I recall.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:11 PM

Always will be.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:34 AM

Hi Folks,
I just say hello as I'm playing in many others Forums, I can't be everywhere...
This update about the market price evolution : Jarama GT hit a new record officially at Monaco auction with 71.000€ + fees and in addition to that I was middle for 2 transactions for a GT & GTS for no less than 75.000 € for each.

When you notice that a VW T1 has a market price average of 30.000€ actually, there is no surprise to see Jarama price taking off too !.

I repeat my advice to you is : Hurry up guys, because this model is increasing its value and will reach the Islero that is stabilised around 100.000 € (average).

Jarama GTS is a limited production serie of 150 models, as it was for the Miura SV, and it costs almost the same budget to restore their engine for similar pleisure !

Enjoy my father's day ride in Belgium : Jarama GTS #10528 - Lamborghini Bull.wmv - YouTube

Ciao,
Olivier
Jarama Registry
Old 07-03-2012, 09:13 AM

Default fathers day ride

That was great, I felt like a passanger in your Lambo.

My 72 Jarama with removable panels should be going forward ASAP, brake and cluth work being addressed.

Its nice to know the value of these Itilian cars are increasing in value.

VW Type 2 (Bus) in bad condition are going for 20K 60K and restored well one sold for 260K increadable

Good day.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:50 AM

Just finished my restoration and I know of 5 x Jarama that were sold as parts last year. Given production numbers, that is an unsustainable scrappage rate. The upside is that we are seeing values increase, in part due to restoration costs and in part due to their rarity/undervalued appreciation. I think good cars will be $100k + within a few years, maybe great cars for $150k. This should bring them into line to equivalent Ferraris and Maseratis. So HAGI index or not, not a bad time to invest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Jarama

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in