Exotic Pets? - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Other > Anything and Everything

Anything and Everything For discussions that do not fit anywhere else

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2017, 11:08 PM

Gallery: 0

REKIII I have heard that they are some what hypoallergenic but never confirmed. I'll look more into that. Can you let them outdoors by themselves for any period of time or will there natural instincts come to and they run off? For instance can I lock them outside while I'm at work for the day. Sounds like the wife spoils the smaller one, lol.

Last edited by Rooskey; 05-18-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2017, 04:24 AM

A lot of people in warmer climates build 'runs' for them outside. Basically a caged in area outside that they can walk/run around in. They are probably like any other cat that if you let them out they will wander wherever they want and then return whenever they want.
We choose to keep ours indoors because a run isn't realistic in the northern climate. In the summer if we are out by the pool we let them out into the fenced in area, they could jump the fence but so far haven't.
If you were to get an F1 or actual Serval, an outdoor run is almost a necessity as they have a greater likelihood of not being litterbox train-able.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-19-2017, 07:27 AM

Plus aren't these guys like $5-$7 grand? Not sure you would want someone running off with one of them. My daughter would go bonkers over them. She loves anything exotic like that, but have to limit her to our two rescue cats, and her crested Gecko for now. lol

Old 10-03-2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
I used to raise snakes, boa constrictors and ball pythons primarily. Caimans were a bridge to far for me. Exotic pets are certainly cheaper than exotic cars. Careful with that caiman, had a buddy get 20+ stitches from his.
Really RandalR? It is very exotic.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:32 PM

A semi-wild Savannah cat escaped last week in Bristol, West England. The local community went hysterical, with fear of young and old people getting mauled, etc. Poor thing got recaptured yesterday and looks terrified. Keeping exotic pets is rather cruel.

Old 10-13-2019, 05:17 PM
Administrator
Onyx Site Supporter

I agree about the cruelty.

Years ago I had a 200 gallon salt water fish tank with two baby leopard sharks. I loved watching and feeding them, but it wasn't long until they got big enough that they jumped out and died. Really stupid thing to do if you think through it. I didn't.

As far as Parrots. The most high maintenance, noisy, messy pets around. No Thank YOU!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Other > Anything and Everything

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in