Exotic Pets? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Other > Anything and Everything

Anything and Everything For discussions that do not fit anywhere else

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2017, 12:42 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Exotic Pets?

Anyone here into exotic animals as well? I've always been into so called "different" things. I like to have things that most don't find desired or reasonable for some reason. So I had a pet alligator delivered to me over night (actually it's a dwarf caiman, and only cost me 300 bucks). It's more of a hobby than a pet but its a lot of fun. He or she has grown to about 2 foot long now and is putting on some mass. Should top out at around 4-5 foot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0150.jpg (56.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0279.jpg (38.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0400.jpg (67.5 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0433.jpg (78.4 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0339.jpg (44.1 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by Rooskey; 05-17-2017 at 12:45 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2017, 09:15 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

I'm sure my wife would draw the line here. Hope you keep any other pets you have safe!

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-17-2017, 10:09 AM

I used to raise snakes, boa constrictors and ball pythons primarily. Caimans were a bridge to far for me. Exotic pets are certainly cheaper than exotic cars. Careful with that caiman, had a buddy get 20+ stitches from his.
'15 Prius (don't laugh 54mpg for the wifey)

Old 05-17-2017, 12:52 PM

My wife has 2 pets that are kind of exotic. They are F2 Savannahs......so thier grandparent was an African Serval. I describe them as dogs with large cat bodies. They play fetch and like being by you, but they can jump over 7' in the air and have claws that could gut you in your sleep......which I am fairly sure they will do one of these days.
Here is one.....Lambo......yes, like what we have here. She said if she could get her, she'll name her Lambo to reminder her that I get a lambo too.......

Old 05-17-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REKIII View Post
My wife has 2 pets that are kind of exotic. They are F2 Savannahs......so thier grandparent was an African Serval. I describe them as dogs with large cat bodies. They play fetch and like being by you, but they can jump over 7' in the air and have claws that could gut you in your sleep......which I am fairly sure they will do one of these days.
Here is one.....Lambo......yes, like what we have here. She said if she could get her, she'll name her Lambo to reminder her that I get a lambo too.......

REKIII that is really cool! I always wanted one of those but I'm allergic to cats unfortunately
Old 05-17-2017, 06:05 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

How about a blue and gold macaw named Sibal? I helped hatch her back in June of 1991. The pic is from yesterday.

-mick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sib.jpg (110.1 KB, 22 views)
Old 05-18-2017, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gday View Post
How about a blue and gold macaw named Sibal? I helped hatch her back in June of 1991. The pic is from yesterday.

-mick
Beautiful macaw gday! 26 yrs old, wow. How long do they live?
Old 05-18-2017, 01:44 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Very cool Rekiii! What do feed them? I was going to say what do they eat but I guess it would be whatever they want, lol.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooskey View Post
REKIII that is really cool! I always wanted one of those but I'm allergic to cats unfortunately
My wife is too. These have a different texture of fur and don't shed much. We've had people over to our house that are horribly allergic, without issues. We do keep our house very clean, but not ridiculously so. If you are interested, look into it some more. Might not be as big an issue as you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russk View Post
Very cool Rekiii! What do feed them? I was going to say what do they eat but I guess it would be whatever they want, lol.
Some hard core owners feed them an all raw diet, chicken, beef, etc, but then they have to give them vitamin supplements and what not. Since we have a young family and frankly do not have the time to do that, we get a very high end canned food recommended for them, the stuff looks better than some things I eat out of cans. They also have dry food out for whenever they want.
It's funny, the younger one is really skinny, but is hungry all the time. She'll wander the house meowing really loud until someone feeds her, outside the normal 2 feedings per day she gets even though she has access to dry food, she wants another can.

I'm not a cat guy, and I think they are pretty cool.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:33 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

We have rats outdoors which is pretty common in Hawaii and we use Terminix rat control, but we have found that our neighbors cat does even a better job. I can only imagine your Savanahs would make short work of the problem, lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Other > Anything and Everything

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in