This is why not to buy a McLaren... - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Other > Discussion of other Marques

Discussion of other Marques Area for discussing the many other exciting cars besides Lamborghini.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2019, 02:35 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Gallery: 0
Default This is why not to buy a McLaren...

2018 AMG C 63WS | designo Diamond White Metallic
Recently gone:
2018 AMG GTR | Green Hell Magno
2018 AMG GLA 45 | Night Black
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2019, 03:31 PM

Wow, that's quite a denunciation of McLaren...! lots of what I hear about McLaren is great performance cars but no "soul" and lots & lots of mechanical issues! All that said nothing touches the 720S so far in the strait line performance mode.
2015 MB ML-350
2014 Audi R8 V10 Spyder
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-21-2019, 06:14 PM

Walk in any McLaren dealer and look at the large queue of cars waiting to be worked on, and then tell them you have a 570s and ask when can you get it in for service and tires. They'll more than likely tell you atleast 2 months.
It's been enough to keep me away from the brand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
UR Stage 3 Twin Turbskie w Race Heads
ADV5.2 M.V1 SL Wheels & Swift Springs
Arancio Borealis

Past
2006 Lamborghini Gallardo SE
Gated Verde Ithaca
Heffner Twin GT3582R's
1016whp/726wtq on 91 Octane/Meth Injection - Dynojet

Old 06-21-2019, 07:47 PM

The main reason I didn't buy one was the lack of pedigree. No track record of dealing with issues/potential issues.

After seeing this video, man, I'm glad I was right!
Old 06-21-2019, 08:01 PM
Gold Site Supporter

They basically did the same thing to a chap in England and he made a video as well. I think they are having some major issues right now. My opinion is, making too many models too fast. Essentially, they are the major contributor to their growing pains. Nearest dealer to me is 420 miles away and I live 100 miles out of Vegas. No way I would get one and deal with getting this car to the dealer and picking it up God knows how many times. Only way I would consider getting one would be a killer deal and live within very close proximity to a dealer. So if you have one and live in LA for example you are probably okay. Cross country or extended road trip? Big gamble in my opinion. Perhaps if I had an enclosed carrier following me - lol.
Recently gone:
Old 06-21-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalPink View Post
They basically did the same thing to a chap in England and he made a video as well. I think they are having some major issues right now. My opinion is, making too many models too fast. Essentially, they are the major contributor to their growing pains. Nearest dealer to me is 420 miles away and I live 100 miles out of Vegas. No way I would get one and deal with getting this car to the dealer and picking it up God knows how many times. Only way I would consider getting one would be a killer deal and live within very close proximity to a dealer. So if you have one and live in LA for example you are probably okay. Cross country or extended road trip? Big gamble in my opinion. Perhaps if I had an enclosed carrier following me - lol.
A bit off topic but just saw your signature. How do you like the GTR compared to your Lambo? Seems like some good deals to be had right now on GTRs, in the same price range as 570's.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubadat View Post
The main reason I didn't buy one was the lack of pedigree.
Exactly how I feel about Mclaren. The cars don't appeal to me at all. And it's beyond me the appeal of the Senna, it's one ugly looking car.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:06 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Started a new thread on Huracan vs GTR comparison.
Recently gone:

Last edited by RoyalPink; 06-21-2019 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:29 AM

I was shopping for a 570s before I got my 610. I liked the look of the Huracan better and the closest McLaren dealer was 5 hours away. Funny thing is you go over to the McLaren forums and they act like the issues are normal for a car in that price range. The most common responses over there are "every manufacture has car issues" which is true, but unfortunately they seem to have more issues than most. You don't get that stigma because you have a few issues. Or when someone asks about reliability over there a common response is "other than the minor electrical gremlins my car has been great" it's like wtf.

I was looking for a 720s for a while and even made an offer on one but I'm kind of glad it wasn't accepted, dealer actually called me back about a month or so after we negotiated and came down close to what I offered but at that time I just wasn't interested anymore. Another issue they have is there aren't a lot of non dealer shops that work on them so when the warranty is up if you have a major issue it's back to the dealer. Seems like the 720s depreciation isn't as bad as previous cars but they'll be coming out with a replacement for that in like 2 years since they seem to only do a 5 year run on cars which seems to be a little short if you ask me. But it's a fast car that's for sure.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:14 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

I love how fast they are, and it pisses me off that Lamborghini doesn’t get more competitive to Mclaren, but I just love the looks of a Lamborghini.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Other > Discussion of other Marques

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in