Does the c8 corvette make you reconsider.. - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Other > Discussion of other Marques

Discussion of other Marques Area for discussing the many other exciting cars besides Lamborghini.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2019, 11:37 AM

Gallery: 0

The C-8 is amazing to see in person. It is many levels above previous years of Corvettes as far as finish, etc., plus it is a mid engine with a 0-60 of less than 3 seconds. It looks much nicer in person, and I'll know once I drive one if it is as good as my Gallardo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2019, 05:00 PM

Hello.

What do you drive?

A Chevrolet.

Oh.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-01-2019, 09:13 AM

Hell no, in the end all you have is an American made GM product. I'll pass.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toplambo View Post
Hello.

What do you drive?

A Chevrolet.

Oh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtslambo View Post
Looks cool, and even thought it's fast, after 6 months of it's release you will see it everyday. So it will just be another corvette driving down the street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA321Pilot View Post
Hell no, in the end all you have is an American made GM product. I'll pass.
LOL...right on. I still don't know why Chevrolet and Lamborghini should be allowed to be in the same sentence.

Dammit...I just did it myself.

2003 Viper vert, Paxton S/C
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Viper RT/10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 Viper RT/10
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-01-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew zee View Post
lol...right on. I still don't know why chevrolet and lamborghini should be allowed to be in the same sentence.

Dammit...i just did it myself.
LOL!!!!!!!! That's funny
Old 08-01-2019, 09:57 AM

The Corvette has a lot of nostalgia going for it in the good old USA that many of you may not fully understand or appreciate. It represents freedom and patriotism in America and has been purposefully designed and built to be affordable by many, not by the few.

It has been a favorite of our military service men and women, and our astronauts. it also ranks number one as the vehicle most designed and built in the USA, by people and parts made in the USA, above all other cars, and thus has earned a reputation as the only true American Sports Car.

The Corvette isn’t an exotic car, and doesn’t want to be. People are proud to own it not because it is expensive and rare, but because it is a Corvette. Think of it instead as a Harley Davidson motorcycle. It serves exactly the same purpose and targets the same market.

Corvette drivers love to see other corvettes on the road, they do not cringe when they see each other, they smile and wave. The Corvette can have this same effect on a Lambo owner while driving a Corvette (I know, I have both).

So again, the Corvette is not an exotic and could never be a Lamborghini. However, a Lamborghini could never defeat a Corvette at what the Corvette really is. They are both a different sort of “special”, but while a Lambo could be swapped for a Ferrari, the Corvette has no similar “peer”.

The fact that a Corvette, made for everyone, can compete for speed and performance numbers with a Lambo, is nuts amazing, and does deserve respect.

Last edited by 99999; 08-01-2019 at 10:03 AM.
Unread 08-05-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99999 View Post
The Corvette has a lot of nostalgia going for it in the good old USA that many of you may not fully understand or appreciate. It represents freedom and patriotism in America and has been purposefully designed and built to be affordable by many, not by the few.

It has been a favorite of our military service men and women, and our astronauts. it also ranks number one as the vehicle most designed and built in the USA, by people and parts made in the USA, above all other cars, and thus has earned a reputation as the only true American Sports Car.

The Corvette isn’t an exotic car, and doesn’t want to be. People are proud to own it not because it is expensive and rare, but because it is a Corvette. Think of it instead as a Harley Davidson motorcycle. It serves exactly the same purpose and targets the same market.

Corvette drivers love to see other corvettes on the road, they do not cringe when they see each other, they smile and wave. The Corvette can have this same effect on a Lambo owner while driving a Corvette (I know, I have both).

So again, the Corvette is not an exotic and could never be a Lamborghini. However, a Lamborghini could never defeat a Corvette at what the Corvette really is. They are both a different sort of “special”, but while a Lambo could be swapped for a Ferrari, the Corvette has no similar “peer”.

The fact that a Corvette, made for everyone, can compete for speed and performance numbers with a Lambo, is nuts amazing, and does deserve respect.
Well said, thank you. The C8 has the performance and looks of an exotic. We should all be rooting for an American made car. Lamborghini is the king of the automotive world, but we can still appreciate other cars!
Unread 08-05-2019, 09:45 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Admin, perhaps merging these two threads together?

The other "C8 consideration" thread is here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Other > Discussion of other Marques

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in