Does the c8 corvette make you reconsider.. - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Other > Discussion of other Marques

Discussion of other Marques Area for discussing the many other exciting cars besides Lamborghini.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2019, 07:06 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Does the c8 corvette make you reconsider..

I hang out on the Corvette boards as well and the question on there is now that the Vette is mid engine with a DCT with under 3 second 0-60 and under $60,000 will it make exotic car owners reconsider say a 580-2 that's 3 times more or will they continue to buy one for the name and not care for the other because it's a chevy? Will your mind change when the Z version has the DOHC twin turbo engine and optional electric AWD?

Also the second pic is a protoype. While they obviously didn't go with it, it's interesting to see how they almost used the Huracan's rear window vent idea and raise the lower vent up and made it functional.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020.jpg (50.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (36.2 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Aaron91RS; 07-26-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2019, 07:36 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

It’s a great car and not just for the money although that makes very appealing, but my answer is still no. I wouldn’t mind one for daily use, but my prime time will always be with my Lamborghini.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-26-2019, 09:55 PM

C8 Corvette is beautiful and sporty. That is it.
Europe is the Motherland of Supercars. I perfectly understand it. My stance is to drive Gallardo or Huracan as a daily car.
3) 2012 Giallo Orion Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 (top notch)
4) 2015 Red Ducati 1299 Panigale S Daytona Edition (virgin)
5) 2017 Daily Chocolate Infinity QX70 (top notch)

Last edited by Dereiter; 07-26-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Old 07-27-2019, 03:10 AM

A corvette isnt an exotic. While the specs are impressive, it isnt comparable to Lambo, Ferrari or McLaren. I dont see ownersof thesethree brands trading in for the c8. The fit and finish of the interior were not even close to the exotics. Perhaps this has improved with the c8 . I would be surprised if many Porsche owners switched to Corvette. They seem particularly loyal to their brand.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:02 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

I love what the new vettes key fob does. Multifunctional.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Old 07-27-2019, 11:33 PM

There is levels to everything life. A Lambo is a Lambo for a reason, its not just about price and performance. As nice as the new Corvette is, I am a fan and can't wait to see them hitting the streets, it just isn't and will never be a Lambo.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDF View Post
As nice as the new Corvette is, I am a fan and can't wait to see them hitting the streets, it just isn't and will never be a Lambo.
Lol... don’t worry. They’ll be everywhere.

2003 Viper vert, Paxton S/C

2001 Viper RT/10

1995 Viper RT/10
Old 07-28-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Zee View Post
Lol... don’t worry. They’ll be everywhere.
haha, yep especially at the advertised price point...mind you think how many C8's you could get for the price of 1 Lambo?
2015 MB ML-350
2014 Audi R8 V10 Spyder
Old 07-31-2019, 10:40 AM

Looks cool, and even thought it's fast, after 6 months of it's release you will see it everyday. So it will just be another corvette driving down the street.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:46 AM

I do have one ordered for daily and track use. Can’t wait for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Other > Discussion of other Marques

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in