Lamborghini Talk banner

1998 Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Bruce 94VT 
#1 ·
Hello,

It is with a heavy heart that I'm putting my Diablo Roadster up for sale. I have owned the car for approx 2 1/2 years and it has performed flawlessly. The current odometer reading 62400 KM (approx. 38,900 miles?) Car is accident-free with original paint that shows beautifully. Service is up to date. Car is stock with the exception of the Murci rims....original rims do not come with the car. I have put approx. 900 KM on car since I got it. I have a detailed PPI including a compression test that was performed before I purchased the car. PPI's are welcome. I live in NJ....anyone interested is welcome to swing by are call/email. Looking to swing a fair deal for both buyer and seller....will discuss with any potential buyer but please look at market before discussing price.
thanks for looking......won't let me upload photos....will try in a bit

Sincerely
Frank DeRienzo
fmdod@aol.com
732-771-6746

#12 ·
Well sure it would, and all things would sell that quickly if the sellers listed their wares at prices that will move their object along.

On autotrader here in Canada there are currently three Anniversary Countach for sale:

Red, 17,600km, asking $330,000 usd

Black, 7,900km, asking $339,000 usd

Black, delivery miles only (135km) asking $569,000 usd.

None of those cars have moved in quite a while. The delivery miles car has been for sale at that silly price for YEARS now.

However if the asking prices were reduced to $49,000, $54,000, and $79,000 respectively, all 3 would be SOLD in a few days. One of them to me for sure.

Where is the common ground? 200k for a strong driver with miles on it? Nah that’s still too high. 150k? Maybe. Thoughts?

So, I dunno - yeah it would be nice for all things to sell that quickly - but sellers have to do their part for that to happen.

#14 ·
Interesting, “pricing to keep”

This chat reminds me of a funny story from way back. Well before exotic cars appreciated 2012-2015. Around 2002 I want to say. A local dealer accidentally listed a Ferrari 328GTS for $27,995 instead of $72,995. Flipped the first two digits. I of course called on the car and I was told of the error by the patient and polite staff member but they did verify that the phone was ringing off the hook.

If you list too low, you’ll leave money on the table and your item will be gone quickly. If you find common ground, your item will move along. If you list too high, you’re pricing to keep. Haha I love it!

#15 ·
It pays to call just in case they haven't wrongly priced the car. Many years ago, there was a Porsche 993 turbo for sale. The woman priced it for $35,000 and if memory serves me correctly, it was worth 3 or 4 times that (in Australia). I was going to call but never did. Another guy I knew called and bought the car for $30,000. The lady and her husband broke up and the car that was in her name, was his pride and joy. That is how she got back at him. Since then, I call on anything that looks to be a brilliant price.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.