You can no longer order the EVO AWD? Only RWD... - Page 3 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2019, 09:07 AM

Gallery: 1

My dealer invited me to test drive the EVO as soon as a demo car arrived. At that time, everyone at the dealership was very pessimistic about the sales potential of the car. They unanimously agreed that the car was too expensive for it being an update to the 610-4, albeit a worthy one. Furthermore, the feeling was pervasive that the Performante was simply a more desirable option both aesthetically and in terms of performance.

Last edited by Coincident; 10-21-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2019, 09:16 AM

Gallery: 0

Performante is/was a special model, not the "regular" Huracan (which the Evo is, it is the facelift of the LP610-4). I think this is something people still don't seem to understand, which is weird.

Lamborghini made the mistake to give the Evo too many standard options and in consequence, to raise the price tag. They should have left the old price tag and the old standard options. I guess they were too greedy or it was easier, from a logistics and parts cost of view, to offer better options and raise the base price instead, I don't know.

In Germany, the delivery time for a newly ordered Evo Coupe is around 5-6 months. The car sells OK, no big issues in Germany. As a comparison: You can get a Porsche 992 Carrera, if you order now, within 3-4 months.

There is no 2WD car in the German dealer system, there is no announcement for such a car.

Also, no "Performante" for now. This car is planned for 2021/2022.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-21-2019, 09:33 AM

Cant really compare a Carrera to an EVO though; one is a supercar and not mass produced to the nearly the same extent, and the other is not.

It took me 6-7 months in 2015 to get my 2016 991 TTS and same for my Macan Turbo.

I don't think it was about greed, I think it was a natural evolution, creating the EVO...and costs rose in Canada due to the F/X rates not having been touched in quite some time. Don't know about the cost increase in the rest of the countries though.
2016 911 TTS
2005 FGT White/ blue
2005 FGT Yellow/ black

Old 10-21-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown SRT View Post
Cant really compare a Carrera to an EVO though; one is a supercar and not mass produced to the nearly the same extent, and the other is not.

It took me 6-7 months in 2015 to get my 2016 991 TTS and same for my Macan Turbo.

I don't think it was about greed, I think it was a natural evolution, creating the EVO...and costs rose in Canada due to the F/X rates not having been touched in quite some time. Don't know about the cost increase in the rest of the countries though.
I was talking about delivery times in Germany, it doesn't really matter what kind of car that is, unless it is a car in very very high demand.
If the Evo would be in slow demand, it would have different delivery times. Italy isn't far away and transport takes half a day.

Cost increase for the Evo was substantial (in Germany, around 17k EUR more). Standard options list increased substantially as well but I think it would have been better for Lamborghini to keep a lower entry price level and let owners decide what options they want and how expensive the car gets in the end.

Actually, a fully loaded Evo was in the similar price ballpark with the Performante, which was not very clever in my opinion. Doesn't matter now though since the Performante isn't available anymore.

Also I think that many interested in the Evo were hoping for the Evo to be faster (straight line and track) than the Performante but this didn't happen either.
The Evo sound is very close to the Performante but drive an Evo and a Performante in Corsa mode and you'll understand why the emotional part is completely different (even in Corsa mode, the Evo is very civilized but the Performante acts in Corsa mode as if it is a race car, incl. all those hissing, crackling, mechanical, etc. noises which add to the fun of driving this car).
The Evo is almost too civilized and perfect, even if it still provides much more emotional involvement than many cars from the competition.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:16 AM

More clarification (coming directly from Italy):
Evo RWD for Europe/Asia as well starting 2020, as an ADDITIONAL model to the AWD.
No replacement for AWD, AWD car stays available in Europe/Asia!
No information about the US/Canada but it seems US/Canada bound production will be limited to RWD model first, no word about no more AWD for this region.
So it is very possible that they are going to build a certain number of RWD models for the US/Canada and then the possibility to order an AWD car will be available again. Just speculation though (about AWD and US/Canada). No word on power yet (less or same with AWD model).
Old 10-21-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown SRT View Post
I would have thought the EVO would be yet another game changer for Lambo. Guess not...
The Urus has been the game-changer for Lambo.

Lambo is now an SUV maker, with a supercar division.

Suspect Lambo poured so many resources into Urus, and all its best talent, it took its eye off the Evo ball. Or, the Urus boom made top management hubristic and they thought they could charge whatever they liked for the Evo.

Either way, Lambo is now an SUV company first, supercars second.

Like Porsche.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:50 AM

I never looked at it that way, but you have a valid point...however, the fact remains that much more of their sales $ in the past 2 fiscal years come from the Huracan and the Aventador combined, which represent 1/2 the total unit output, and command much higher ASP's. I can't speak for Porsche, but this is how it is at Lambo, today. And that may change in the future.
2016 911 TTS
2005 FGT White/ blue
2005 FGT Yellow/ black
Old 10-21-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toplambo View Post

Lambo is now an SUV maker, with a supercar division...

Like Porsche.
Unfortunately I think this too, Porsche is an SUV maker that also makes sportscars. You have to go where the money is and SUV's are it...for now.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:01 AM

As a current Urus owner, I will say that that's not a bad thing...the Urus is a very exciting and compelling SSUV to drive. It can keep up with many supercars on a track, is very very fast, handles like it's on rails and sound (on mine) is off the charts.

The benefits are the ease of use as a DD, like my 991, the storage and passenger carrying capability, all in a stunning truck you can race on the track / dragstrip and win races with.

Can't wait to see the next variant of that truck...it's gonna be a killer.
2016 911 TTS
2005 FGT White/ blue
2005 FGT Yellow/ black
Old 10-21-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennteam View Post
Usually I'm not a very rude person but this is the biggest bullsh.t I heard/read for a while.

The Evo sells OK (not stellar), the LP580-2 was not selling too well at all, at least here in Germany. So why would Lamborghini go 2WD for the Evo? Makes no sense at all.

The next "Performante" is indeed rumored to be 2WD but it is also rumored to be a very extreme car, with a starting base price at around 300k EUR in Europe (the Performante started at 232k EUR in Germany). Rumored model designation is Huracan Superleggera Trofeo or maybe just Superleggera.

When the Evo was introduced, it wasn't 100% clear if a 2WD version is coming because dealers weren't too happy with LP580-2 orders but I assume Lamborghini keeps this model in the backhand, just in case Evo sales slow down.

I haven't seen Heather's video yet but I am pretty sure there is some sort of misunderstanding here.

My sales guy knows of nothing and he was just at an official training event in Dubai.

The EVO is a massive flop in Canada and even US dealers have had to do "special" lease dealers directly backed by Lamborghini Financial services to sell these cars. No one around here is willing to pay $350k+ for a standard Huracan that'll easily lose a $100k in the first year. Big mistake on Lamborghini's part for pricing this car above the HP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in