You can no longer order the EVO AWD? Only RWD... - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2019, 05:34 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

I would love a RWD EVO Performante Spyder, that would get me to move on one immediately. Don’t think it’s going to happen before the end of the H.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2019, 07:53 PM

Gallery: 0

The EVO Perf will most likely be RWD, limited and a hefty price tag. The HP was the best bang for your buck Lamborghini but I don't think we'll ever see a track focused, numbered or production limited Lamborghini priced similar to the HP again.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-20-2019, 05:02 AM

Think she has got her wires crossed there. Or, it is country- or dealer-specific.

Lambo is not going to spend a ton of money on developing the new "electronicy" AWD system, and then take it out of worldwide service after less than 6 months on sale...

You can still buy an AWD Evo in the UK. See here.

This is the next Evo sub-model, seen testing last month. Could be RWD, could be a Perf.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:26 AM

Gallery: 1

The introduction of the RWD and the sudden termination of the AWD is due to the extremely disappointing sales of the latter. The primary reason for the paucity of sales is the high price relative to the 610-4. Going to the RWD will result in a much lower price and the hope is that sales will then pick up as a result. Since the introduction of the hybrid version of the Huracan replacement is not due until 2022, Lamborghini is scrambling to keep sales active with some variant of the existing model.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toplambo View Post
Think she has got her wires crossed there. Or, it is country- or dealer-specific.

Lambo is not going to spend a ton of money on developing the new "electronicy" AWD system, and then take it out of worldwide service after less than 6 months on sale...

You can still buy an AWD Evo in the UK. See here.

This is the next Evo sub-model, seen testing last month. Could be RWD, could be a Perf.

I highly doubt Heather would have her wires crossed. The more logical explanation is Lambo is unloading EVO slots to European dealers and cutting backing slots in NA. Not many people around here are willing to pay close to $400k for a "standard" Huracan when the the HP was $50k less.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coincident View Post
The introduction of the RWD and the sudden termination of the AWD is due to the extremely disappointing sales of the latter. The primary reason for the paucity of sales is the high price relative to the 610-4. Going to the RWD will result in a much lower price and the hope is that sales will then pick up as a result. Since the introduction of the hybrid version of the Huracan replacement is not due until 2022, Lamborghini is scrambling to keep sales active with some variant of the existing model.
Usually I'm not a very rude person but this is the biggest bullsh.t I heard/read for a while.

The Evo sells OK (not stellar), the LP580-2 was not selling too well at all, at least here in Germany. So why would Lamborghini go 2WD for the Evo? Makes no sense at all.

The next "Performante" is indeed rumored to be 2WD but it is also rumored to be a very extreme car, with a starting base price at around 300k EUR in Europe (the Performante started at 232k EUR in Germany). Rumored model designation is Huracan Superleggera Trofeo or maybe just Superleggera.

When the Evo was introduced, it wasn't 100% clear if a 2WD version is coming because dealers weren't too happy with LP580-2 orders but I assume Lamborghini keeps this model in the backhand, just in case Evo sales slow down.

I haven't seen Heather's video yet but I am pretty sure there is some sort of misunderstanding here.

My sales guy knows of nothing and he was just at an official training event in Dubai.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:40 AM

Gallery: 1

According to my dealer, who is actually the largest in North America, the AWD EVO is being discontinued being replaced by the RWD version. Sales of the EVO , as anticipated, has been very sluggish and disappointing. The primary reason is the price. The RWD car will be significantly less expensive and it is hoped that this fact will energize sales. This information is not my personal opinion or a figment of my imagination. It is the information relayed by the dealer.

BTW- you self claim not to be usually rude, but in this instance, you are rude.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:47 AM

I would be suspect of a RWD EVO having significantly higher take rates over the AWD...and it's indeed surprising that the take rate on the EVO has been sluggish, but I believe you're correct on that.

Lambo Montreal has very few EVO's in stock, from what I have seen recently. Sad too, as it's a great car; certainly best bang for the buck in class, when you factor in things like performance, appeal and more importantly, reliability and serviceability.

I would have thought the EVO would be yet another game changer for Lambo. Guess not...
2016 911 TTS
2005 FGT White/ blue
2005 FGT Yellow/ black
Old 10-21-2019, 08:50 AM
Gold Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coincident View Post
According to my dealer, who is actually the largest in North America, the AWD EVO is being discontinued being replaced by the RWD version. Sales of the EVO , as anticipated, has been very sluggish and disappointing. The primary reason is the price. The RWD car will be significantly less expensive and it is hoped that this fact will energize sales. This information is not my personal opinion or a figment of my imagination. It is the information relayed by the dealer.

BTW- you self claim not to be usually rude, but in this instance, you are rude.
+1 Agreed Coincident.

Opening sentence is uncalled for.
2018 AMG C 63WS | designo Diamond White Metallic
Recently gone:
2018 AMG GTR | Green Hell Magno
2018 AMG GLA 45 | Night Black
Old 10-21-2019, 08:57 AM

The plot thickens...2WD only for North America/Canada, not Europe/Asia. This is the latest rumor but it would be so weird. The AWD is and will be available in Europe, no 2WD announced here, not even a pre-announcement. Nothing.
The mule is definitely no Evo Performante.

Last edited by Rennteam; 10-21-2019 at 09:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in