radiator grilles for Performante? - Page 3 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2019, 10:50 AM

Gallery: 0

Keep the leaves out, please.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2019, 03:53 AM

I’m getting the supercarservice protection grill installed on my performante next week so will give an update once it’s done. Looks like a very good product
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
Iím getting the supercarservice protection grill installed on my performante next week so will give an update once itís done. Looks like a very good product
Excellent - I look forward to some pics and feedback!

Old 04-27-2019, 03:52 PM

I have this issue on my 580. I'm just wondering how they could have overlooked this at their engineering department?
Old 05-27-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupercarService View Post
They have carried on supplying the latest Huracan models without any protection, I guess condenser and radiators sales combined with the labour to install these parts is far more profitable for them!

Anyway , we care about lambos and the owners and have our own protection kits!
What do these three radiators cool?

Center?
Left?
Right?
Old 05-28-2019, 06:53 AM

Stupid question (and I expect an honest answer): How much do these grilles impact airflow to the radiators? If you say zero %, I know that you are lying, so please provide a precise number (I assume you had some testing done). Why am I asking? Because I talked to a Lamborghini tech during an event and he explained why there is no protective mesh/grille. This guy has been honest with, I guess, everything he said (some things he said were verifiable).

So how much do these aftermarket grilles impact airflow/cooling? 5%? 10%? 20%? Thank you.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:

our recent install was for a member here on his new perfromante spyder....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxxFIV5n...on_share_sheet
Does the installation of the grilles require any modification / cutting of the front bumper or otherwise? Ie can it be reverted to stock with no evidence of install?

In the UK, Just like Porsche, any modification whatsoever apparent at the time of extended warranty purchase (just an insurance policy sold by the dealer as agent for the insurer) will not permit the purchase of a dealer level warranty extension (completely different from the new car warranty and the new car extended warranty if bought at first registration).
Old 05-28-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennteam View Post
Stupid question (and I expect an honest answer): How much do these grilles impact airflow to the radiators? If you say zero %, I know that you are lying, so please provide a precise number (I assume you had some testing done). Why am I asking? Because I talked to a Lamborghini tech during an event and he explained why there is no protective mesh/grille. This guy has been honest with, I guess, everything he said (some things he said were verifiable).

So how much do these aftermarket grilles impact airflow/cooling? 5%? 10%? 20%? Thank you.
It wouldn't matter... I had severe damage on my 911 TTS... weeks after I got it, and it was a 2k repair, from a stone that hit my AC rad. I installed grills and engine temps never increased. People I know who've added the same mod and who track their 911's, see no increase in temps either. I seriously doubt you'd feel any negative impact with these grills, but not having them will one day, cost you a rad.
2016 911 TTS
2005 FGT White/ blue
2005 FGT Yellow/ black
Old 05-29-2019, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Hi, a valid question indeed and not a stupid one!

The flow testing in our dyno has not shown any restriction, we could say 5%.
We have Huracan Performante's running on nurburg ring daily and they have had no heat mamangement or airflow issues, infact the opposite has been observed.

With out the grilles the fins bend and get damaged resulting in 70-90% blockage of airflow, with our grille the fins are protected and almost no damage had been shown in the cars running extreme speed chasing other cars that flick up dbris and tones, and over some time now. The grilles also have been holding very well with the powder coating preserving the gloss black finish.

I was at the factory with the designers who were impressed at the fit and finish, the said the grilles looked like an oem item, well built and discreet, staying inline with the clean look of the Huracan.

This is what a non protected condenser looks like, 90% of the surface area and fins are damaged blocking airflow! Attached behind this condenser is the coolant radiator for the engine!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwSBW-5F...on_share_sheet
5% would be acceptable if you don't run the car in an extremely hot climate on the track. For 99% of the owners, this should be the case and yes, the grilles look good and OEM, no doubt. Thanks for the (hopefully) honest answer.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:05 AM

Are you going to order a set?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in