Oem clutch replacement - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2018, 12:15 AM

Gallery: 0

oem clutch goes out at 38,000 miles (skip to 3:22)

The aftermath, new clutch, throwout bearing from Hi Tech Exotic
https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbf...otic-1788.html

Thread of where slave cylinder went wrong. so went with a new clutch:
https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbf...issues-183370/

Hope this helps.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2018, 12:43 AM

thanks for response but I have a Huracan with a dual clutch completely different setup
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-22-2018, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlub95 View Post
thanks for response but I have a Huracan with a dual clutch completely different setup
I know, I was just giving an input/example.

Old 12-22-2018, 11:54 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
yeah I'm SC, and I do drive pretty hard but still not sure how my clutch is having issues. its only 10% of the time I would say where the clutch slips or its jerky on take off. was getting multi plate clutch too hot and slippage codes. so I'm assuming I just need to change the multi plate clutch? I see they sell a gem kit online for 3k.. what u guys think?
Not sure what gem is, but Dodson kit is not much more for just the friction discs.
2014 BMW M5
2007 BMW M5
2017 MB GLE350
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 12-22-2018, 05:59 PM
Supporting Vendor

I would start off with a fluid and filter change and re-adapt the transmission. It may solve the problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-26-2018, 12:59 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to FL_Beachman

Quote:
Has anyone have had to replace there oem clutch yet? I'm at 18k miles and am getting slippage and overheat faults. if you have changed the clutch do u recommend OEM or aftermarket? thanks guys.
Just replaced mine would not even consider an OEM, go with Hitech talk to Sean at Hitech will provide all the info you need. This kevlar clutch is 100% improvement over OEM and will last longer than the car-will never need another one. The action quickly, better grip, everything. Have about 2K miles since new clutch huge difference. Make sure this is done at a qualified shop (not dealer who will charge almost double) if you don't know of a shop in your area Sean can help you to locate one.
lamborghini | Hi Tech Exotic
Old 12-26-2018, 04:07 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Beachman View Post
Just replaced mine would not even consider an OEM, go with Hitech talk to Sean at Hitech will provide all the info you need. This kevlar clutch is 100% improvement over OEM and will last longer than the car-will never need another one. The action quickly, better grip, everything. Have about 2K miles since new clutch huge difference. Make sure this is done at a qualified shop (not dealer who will charge almost double) if you don't know of a shop in your area Sean can help you to locate one.
OP has a Huacan.

Email

Old 12-27-2018, 09:55 PM
Supporting Vendor
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Beachman View Post
Thank you for your kind words.

We are working on developing an upgraded clutch for Supercharged and Twin Turbo Huracan... Stay tuned...

Sean
Hi Tech Exotic

Specializing in Kevlar clutches for
Lamborghini and Ferrari for over 20 years

1-888-456-0437

Old 12-28-2018, 03:39 AM

Quote:
yeah I'm SC, and I do drive pretty hard but still not sure how my clutch is having issues. its only 10% of the time I would say where the clutch slips or its jerky on take off. was getting multi plate clutch too hot and slippage codes. so I'm assuming I just need to change the multi plate clutch? I see they sell a gem kit online for 3k.. what u guys think?
I don't have a SC but my car is sometimes jerky on take off...
Maybe that's some other electronics acting up like throttle positions sensor or something.

- Sold

- Sold

- Got it!!!

- Got it!!!

Old 12-28-2018, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATEPD View Post
I would start off with a fluid and filter change and re-adapt the transmission. It may solve the problem.
I would do this as well. I had other vehicles with transmission slippage etc, that just needed new fluids.

- Sold

- Sold

- Got it!!!

- Got it!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in