Originally Posted by emmholla
Checking in here. I too rented the same Green Huracan from Royalty Exotics yesterday in Vegas. I went to grab lunch and stumbled across their store. I could not resist taking the huracan for a spin even though I had a plane to catch. I drove the car to red rock and back. I would say I drove in for about an hour or so. My impressions are as follows.
- I'm am not a green guy but the pearl in the paint is stunning.
- I am 5'5" and the car fits me PERFECTLY. It is like they built the car just for me.
- In sport mode the steering felt a bit loose to me. I did not feel comfortable pushing the car through the corners in sport mode. Especially on the narrow red rock roads.
- In Corsa Mode the car felt much better. More planted. But I was still uncomfortable powering through turns. Felt like I was going to drive right off the side of the road. I am not sure if it is a car I need to learn or if it is truly as "understeery" as advertised.
- Power delivery was linear and once in the power band you could be doing triple digits easily and not even notice. 100 Mph felt like 60 mph to me.
- Overall the car felt loose and not as buttoned down as I would expect. I am a porsche owner so maybe that's why. Maybe that is a trait of Porsche cars. This Huracan also had approximately 82k miles on the clock. A less driven example may feel tighter.
I am worried truly worried about the steering. Per some comments in the forum the 2016 steering is supposed to be better than that of the 2015's. The car I drove was from 2016. The steering almost turns me off completely from the car. Especially if the 2015 has worse steering. I'll need some more seat time to really decide.
I can second everything you said - and at that time the car had 60K miles or so. I think part of it is the mileage and abuse that that specific one got over all the rental periods - even down to the clunking suspension (unless they replaced it) was off. I haven't driven any other Hs to compare it to but guessing the 5-10K mile examples for sale are much tighter all around.
And I agree with you - coming from some of the P cars, the steering was really off on this particular huracan. The steering on both my previous Gs was significantly better, but also they were close to 'new' cars.
Will have to drive another H, particularly a RWD version to make any final calls.