My Vegas Huracan LP610-4 Rental | Review and Opinion! - Page 4 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2019, 06:08 PM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialpro1 View Post
Thank you for that comparison - I'm still in the camp of deciding 580 vs 610 (and leaning more 580)

Can you comment on steering feel differences between the 2 given the RWD on the -2?

Which car has the Corsa Pzeros?

I definitely enjoyed the 'relaxed' cruising feel of the 610 on the freeway, and hope the 580 does not take away from that.
I didn't feel much difference in steering between the RWD 580-2 and my AWD HP. That might be because it take a while to discern the difference, or I'm too casual to notice! Both felt great.

HP has PZero Corsa. I think the 610 has regular PZero as did my rental 580.

I think you can get the active suspension (magneto) on the 580-2?

Definitely upgrade rear window thing on the 580-2. The rental was base and had those matte black slats which reduced visibility. Get the damn window and actually see stuff.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2019, 10:24 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana1500 View Post
I didn't feel much difference in steering between the RWD 580-2 and my AWD HP. That might be because it take a while to discern the difference, or I'm too casual to notice! Both felt great.

HP has PZero Corsa. I think the 610 has regular PZero as did my rental 580.

I think you can get the active suspension (magneto) on the 580-2?

Definitely upgrade rear window thing on the 580-2. The rental was base and had those matte black slats which reduced visibility. Get the damn window and actually see stuff.
I haven't thought much about the louvered rear window - I actually preferred that to the glass, and the issue of visibility has never fully crossed my mind. Definitely something for me to consider now - especially that you point out how drastic of a difference that is. I just thought you couldn't really see out of either lol.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I haven't thought much about the louvered rear window - I actually preferred that to the glass, and the issue of visibility has never fully crossed my mind. Definitely something for me to consider now - especially that you point out how drastic of a difference that is. I just thought you couldn't really see out of either lol.
I think the rear glass window (transparent engine cover) is easy to see out of, and looks better aesthetically all around.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 07-28-2019, 11:54 AM

Checking in here. I too rented the same Green Huracan from Royalty Exotics yesterday in Vegas. I went to grab lunch and stumbled across their store. I could not resist taking the huracan for a spin even though I had a plane to catch. I drove the car to red rock and back. I would say I drove in for about an hour or so. My impressions are as follows.

- I'm am not a green guy but the pearl in the paint is stunning.
- I am 5'5" and the car fits me PERFECTLY. It is like they built the car just for me.
- In sport mode the steering felt a bit loose to me. I did not feel comfortable pushing the car through the corners in sport mode. Especially on the narrow red rock roads.
- In Corsa Mode the car felt much better. More planted. But I was still uncomfortable powering through turns. Felt like I was going to drive right off the side of the road. I am not sure if it is a car I need to learn or if it is truly as "understeery" as advertised.
- Power delivery was linear and once in the power band you could be doing triple digits easily and not even notice. 100 Mph felt like 60 mph to me.
- Overall the car felt loose and not as buttoned down as I would expect. I am a porsche owner so maybe that's why. Maybe that is a trait of Porsche cars. This Huracan also had approximately 82k miles on the clock. A less driven example may feel tighter.

I am worried truly worried about the steering. Per some comments in the forum the 2016 steering is supposed to be better than that of the 2015's. The car I drove was from 2016. The steering almost turns me off completely from the car. Especially if the 2015 has worse steering. I'll need some more seat time to really decide.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:58 PM

Gallery: 1

That must be the most driven H in existence. Your description of the steering is not consistent with what it should be. Probaby had LDS which does loosen up the steering but not as extreme as you suggest. Grip and cornering is one of the car's strengths. Culprit must be worn tires.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coincident View Post
That must be the most driven H in existence. Your description of the steering is not consistent with what it should be. Probaby had LDS which does loosen up the steering but not as extreme as you suggest. Grip and cornering is one of the car's strengths. Culprit must be worn tires.
Ahh.. Sounds about right. With so many miles on the car and the fact that the guy says they work on the cars in house. I wasn't sure if I could trust if that example was the bet one to judge the Huracan's driving dynamics on. I will say outside of the steering I am further convinced that this is a car I want to own and keep forever. It's amazing.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:02 PM

They have some really high mileage exotics there and that's evidence of how well built these modern exotics are. The 458 I rented earlier this year had a lot of miles. One of their Huracans has hit over 100K right?
Old 07-29-2019, 12:23 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmholla View Post
Checking in here. I too rented the same Green Huracan from Royalty Exotics yesterday in Vegas. I went to grab lunch and stumbled across their store. I could not resist taking the huracan for a spin even though I had a plane to catch. I drove the car to red rock and back. I would say I drove in for about an hour or so. My impressions are as follows.

- I am 5'5" and the car fits me PERFECTLY. It is like they built the car just for me.
- In sport mode the steering felt a bit loose to me. I did not feel comfortable pushing the car through the corners in sport mode. Especially on the narrow red rock roads.
- In Corsa Mode the car felt much better. More planted. But I was still uncomfortable powering through turns. Felt like I was going to drive right off the side of the road. I am not sure if it is a car I need to learn or if it is truly as "understeery" as advertised.
- Power delivery was linear and once in the power band you could be doing triple digits easily and not even notice. 100 Mph felt like 60 mph to me.
- Overall the car felt loose and not as buttoned down as I would expect. I am a porsche owner so maybe that's why. Maybe that is a trait of Porsche cars. This Huracan also had approximately 82k miles on the clock. A less driven example may feel tighter.

I am worried truly worried about the steering. Per some comments in the forum the 2016 steering is supposed to be better than that of the 2015's. The car I drove was from 2016. The steering almost turns me off completely from the car. Especially if the 2015 has worse steering. I'll need some more seat time to really decide.
I can second everything you said - and at that time the car had 60K miles or so. I think part of it is the mileage and abuse that that specific one got over all the rental periods - even down to the clunking suspension (unless they replaced it) was off. I haven't driven any other Hs to compare it to but guessing the 5-10K mile examples for sale are much tighter all around.

And I agree with you - coming from some of the P cars, the steering was really off on this particular huracan. The steering on both my previous Gs was significantly better, but also they were close to 'new' cars.

Will have to drive another H, particularly a RWD version to make any final calls.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmholla View Post

I can second everything you said - and at that time the car had 60K miles or so. I think part of it is the mileage and abuse that that specific one got over all the rental periods - even down to the clunking suspension (unless they replaced it) was off. I haven't driven any other Hs to compare it to but guessing the 5-10K mile examples for sale are much tighter all around.

And I agree with you - coming from some of the P cars, the steering was really off on this particular huracan. The steering on both my previous Gs was significantly better, but also they were close to 'new' cars.

Will have to drive another H, particularly a RWD version to make any final calls.
Yes,
The only issue is I don't know of any dealers that will let you put the car though it's paces before you actually buy it. The steering was truly concerning to me. A $200k supercar should inspire confidence through the wheel. I'll find another example to drive before I'm able to decide.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:12 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

You guys rock... Just booked the Aventador for 4 hours. Didn't even think about this. Had already booked the Adrenaline ATV ride. Super stoked
2017 Jeep Rubicon
2019 Trackhawk
2020 Zero SR/F
Back to dreaming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in