My Vegas Huracan LP610-4 Rental | Review and Opinion! - Page 3 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2019, 12:15 PM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana1500 View Post
Reporting back from my rental car experience with Royalty Exotics in Vegas.

I did a bachelor party weekend that was very car themed.
My buddies and I all rented cars - I rented the 458 Spyder from Royalty Exotics. Several other cars in the mix were a Huracan 580-2 Coupe from their competitor (Dream Exotics?), a Corvette convertible from Hertz, Range Rover, etc.

Overall customer service from Royalty is great. They have good communication and attention to detail, they help you get familiar with the car, and they have an awesome show room. The owner (Houston) showed me their new line up of custom exhaust systems including one they made for the Performante.

The 458 Sypder is an interesting experience, quite different from my 19 Performante Coupe. Despite being RWD, the Spyder has no problem putting down power whatsoever under less than ideal conditions (cold). This stands in stark contrast to my 16 Corvette Z06 which is the opposite and has problems putting down power anytime anywhere under any circumstances (almost).

Things I liked about the 458:
- great exhaust noise (naturally aspirated)
- great power
- great braking
- steering is sharp, responsive
- suspension is comfortable
- design has aged well over the last 10 years

Things I didn't like about the 458:
- The rear is twitchier than I'd expected
- The gearbox could shift gears faster
- the "rough road" button doesn't seem to do anything at all (but it doesn't need it)
- The convertible mechanism takes a long time to go up/down
- The digital gauges flanking the center analog tach are not well designed. The tach is gorgeous, but everything else is not well displayed.
- Just a personal thing, but I do not like the way the car is shut off. There is no "Park" button, you just leave in neutral and turn the damn thing off (which is accomplished by turning a key) with your foot on the brake. Also, why is the red START button used for turning on the car but not turning off the car? LOL, everyone in my group had problems figuring this out. It seems unnatural.
- The placement of the Horn buttons on the steering wheel rim (not center). It didn't take long for me to accidentally press them. In a sad but funny moment, I happened to be stopping in front of an old couple walking across the parking lot lane I was in, and I accidentally hit the horn scaring the old couple. They certainly jumped. I felt really really really bad. The look on the old guy's face was just...of complete disappointment.

We drove through Valley of Fire and Red Rock Canyon and other roads around Vegas.
Would do again. If anyone wants to do something similar, would recommend Royalty Exotics.

Great write up. Do you have any comparisons between the 580-2 and 458? Driving impressions, feel, etc. If not, I’d be curious to know how it stacks up to your HP (albeit the HP is in a different league).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Reporting back from my rental car experience with Royalty Exotics in Vegas.

I did a bachelor party weekend that was very car themed.
My buddies and I all rented cars - I rented the 458 Spyder from Royalty Exotics. Several other cars in the mix were a Huracan 580-2 Coupe from their competitor (Dream Exotics?), a Corvette convertible from Hertz, Range Rover, etc.

Overall customer service from Royalty is great. They have good communication and attention to detail, they help you get familiar with the car, and they have an awesome show room. The owner (Houston) showed me their new line up of custom exhaust systems including one they made for the Performante.

The 458 Sypder is an interesting experience, quite different from my 19 Performante Coupe. Despite being RWD, the Spyder has no problem putting down power whatsoever under less than ideal conditions (cold). This stands in stark contrast to my 16 Corvette Z06 which is the opposite and has problems putting down power anytime anywhere under any circumstances (almost).

Things I liked about the 458:
- great exhaust noise (naturally aspirated)
- great power
- great braking
- steering is sharp, responsive
- suspension is comfortable
- design has aged well over the last 10 years

Things I didn't like about the 458:
- The rear is twitchier than I'd expected
- The gearbox could shift gears faster
- the "rough road" button doesn't seem to do anything at all (but it doesn't need it)
- The convertible mechanism takes a long time to go up/down
- The digital gauges flanking the center analog tach are not well designed. The tach is gorgeous, but everything else is not well displayed.
- Just a personal thing, but I do not like the way the car is shut off. There is no "Park" button, you just leave in neutral and turn the damn thing off (which is accomplished by turning a key) with your foot on the brake. Also, why is the red START button used for turning on the car but not turning off the car? LOL, everyone in my group had problems figuring this out. It seems unnatural.
- The placement of the Horn buttons on the steering wheel rim (not center). It didn't take long for me to accidentally press them. In a sad but funny moment, I happened to be stopping in front of an old couple walking across the parking lot lane I was in, and I accidentally hit the horn scaring the old couple. They certainly jumped. I felt really really really bad. The look on the old guy's face was just...of complete disappointment.

We drove through Valley of Fire and Red Rock Canyon and other roads around Vegas.
Would do again. If anyone wants to do something similar, would recommend Royalty Exotics.
Nice summary. I dailied a 458 Spider for a couple of years before my 580-2.
In response to some of your observations.

I found the 458 to be lively with a lot of character. The design is more voluptuous and curvaceous, the H is more angular and serious. The 458 feels like a generation behind the H tech-wise.

Having a hardtop convertible provides superior security to a soft top. I was never worried going to the grocery store, movie theater, friends' homes and parking on street.

Rear visibility despite the buttresses is a lot better than through the TEB of the H. It's nice you can roll down the rear window with the top up and listen to the engine/exhaust.

The interior is pretty dated compared to the H, stereo is worse. I paid like $700 to get the ipod adapter and it was 30 pin and I ended up plugging an old ipod Nano and leaving it in the glove box. There was no bluetooth streaming on the 458, a feature I love in the H.

I thought the 458 DCT was as good as the H. Both you can really wind up the RPMs past 5K and the engine sounds great.

I thought the Bumpy Road suspension on the 458 was great, I noticed a significant difference. Maybe my roads are crappier (likely). I like how I could have the Race transmission setting and the Bumpy Road suspension setting. The H doesn't allow you to decouple the transmission and suspension and since I love to drive in Sport and don't have Magneride, I don't have that option on the H. However, I don't mind the slightly rougher suspension on Sport vs Strada. Way more comfortable than driving my GT3.

The PCCB's on the 458 are as good as those on my H. I had the silver forged sports rims which matched perfectly against my Grigio Titanio paint with yellow calipers that matched the Scuderia shields. However, my yellow tach was difficult to read in sunlight as it sits at the end of kind of a long tunnel. A lot of owners go black tach for this reason but I wanted it to match the yellow horse on the steering wheel.

Way easier to program Homelink on the 458, I read the manual and tried 10 times with my H but was unsuccessful so have the garage door clicker on my sun visor.

The horn placement on the 458 sucks, however the turn signals are better mounted on the steering wheel once you get used to it. So far I've been unable to determine how to trigger a 3 flash signal on my H useful for changing lanes. Didn't read anything in manual.

I like not having to use a physical key on my H. I wish it had keyless entry. Still have to take key out to open door, what's the point in keyless ignition?

488 is a better comparison to H as both are temporally same generation. However, I prefer NA over turbo.

Anyways, enough about cars. How was the BP? Did you hit any clubs/see any DJs? Omnia, Hakkasan?

How were the girls at Rhino?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-07-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin S. View Post
Great write up. Do you have any comparisons between the 580-2 and 458? Driving impressions, feel, etc. If not, I’d be curious to know how it stacks up to your HP (albeit the HP is in a different league).

Comparisons between the rental 580-2 Coupe vs 458 Spyder:

- The 580-2 has more power and you can feel the difference.
- Both put power down very well without any real drama despite being RWD + Cold weather.
- Handling feels great in both cars with brisk turn-in and steering response
- The 580 likely had passive suspension and it felt stiffer than the 458 in Wet/Sport mode, but less stiff than Race mode
- The 580-2 has more bangs/pops/crackles after throttle lift-off, nowhere near as loud as the HP, but louder than the 458.
- Visibility out the 458 is better all around
- Although I didn't verify this, I feel the nose is lower on the 580 than on the 458 and I was more worried about hitting/scraping. There's more hanging out in front of the front wheels.
- Luggage space is MUCH more in the 458.
- Neither car has a useable cup holder, but the 458 has a little more space to put your phone in the central tunnel
- The 458 was easier to get in and out of
- neither car has a decent sound system (both with default unupgraded systems)

This comparison isn't quite apples to apples as they are of two different generations.

Old 03-07-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah View Post
Nice summary. I dailied a 458 Spider for a couple of years before my 580-2.
In response to some of your observations.

I found the 458 to be lively with a lot of character. The design is more voluptuous and curvaceous, the H is more angular and serious. The 458 feels like a generation behind the H tech-wise.

Rear visibility despite the buttresses is a lot better than through the TEB of the H. It's nice you can roll down the rear window with the top up and listen to the engine/exhaust.

I thought the 458 DCT was as good as the H. Both you can really wind up the RPMs past 5K and the engine sounds great.

The horn placement on the 458 sucks, however the turn signals are better mounted on the steering wheel once you get used to it. So far I've been unable to determine how to trigger a 3 flash signal on my H useful for changing lanes. Didn't read anything in manual.

488 is a better comparison to H as both are temporally same generation. However, I prefer NA over turbo.

Anyways, enough about cars. How was the BP? Did you hit any clubs/see any DJs? Omnia, Hakkasan?

How were the girls at Rhino?
I feel the 458 design is great, arguably better and cleaner than the 488GTB. One of the few times when an older car looks a little better than the newer generation car that replaced it.

Yes, the rear little window which can be lowered is a great feature to have. I had it down most of the time I was driving to hear the exhaust note, and it didn't result in a windy or cold cabin.

The 7 Speed DCT in the 458 may have been getting worn out or something, but it was not shifting anywhere nearly as smoothly or quickly as the Huracan. Some jerkiness on downshifting.

The turn signals being split Left and Right on the 458 was interesting, perhaps better than having them all on the left side as in the Huracan.
I don't think you can do a 3 flash signal on the Huracan.

Bachelor party was very car themed, lacking shenanigans of a typical Vegas BP. Aside from the car stuff, we drove ATVs in the desert. Sorry to disappoint! I'm an old boring man at heart.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:

- Both put power down very well without any real drama despite being RWD + Cold weather.
- The 580 likely had passive suspension and it felt stiffer than the 458 in Wet/Sport mode, but less stiff than Race mode
- The 580-2 has more bangs/pops/crackles after throttle lift-off, nowhere near as loud as the HP, but louder than the 458.
- Although I didn't verify this, I feel the nose is lower on the 580 than on the 458 and I was more worried about hitting/scraping. There's more hanging out in front of the front wheels.
- Neither car has a useable cup holder, but the 458 has a little more space to put your phone in the central tunnel

This comparison isn't quite apples to apples as they are of two different generations.
Yes 458 doesn't need front lift i never once scraped. 580 needs lift although the scraping occurs on that black apron that's 12 inches or so behind the front lip. Knock on wood I haven't scraped front lip yet. Gotta be careful with parking blocks.

Quote:
I feel the 458 design is great, arguably better and cleaner than the 488GTB. One of the few times when an older car looks a little better than the newer generation car that replaced it.

Yes, the rear little window which can be lowered is a great feature to have. I had it down most of the time I was driving to hear the exhaust note, and it didn't result in a windy or cold cabin.

The 7 Speed DCT in the 458 may have been getting worn out or something, but it was not shifting anywhere nearly as smoothly or quickly as the Huracan. Some jerkiness on downshifting.

The turn signals being split Left and Right on the 458 was interesting, perhaps better than having them all on the left side as in the Huracan.
I don't think you can do a 3 flash signal on the Huracan.

Bachelor party was very car themed, lacking shenanigans of a typical Vegas BP. Aside from the car stuff, we drove ATVs in the desert. Sorry to disappoint! I'm an old boring man at heart.
We did the ATV run in the desert too, super fun but dusty! I purposefully took old shoes and threw them away after ATVing.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:

Thanks for providing this. It’s extremely helpful as I have a strong appreciation for all 3 cars, especially the HP but more realistically the 580-2!

Old 03-07-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah View Post
Yes 458 doesn't need front lift i never once scraped. 580 needs lift although the scraping occurs on that black apron that's 12 inches or so behind the front lip. Knock on wood I haven't scraped front lip yet. Gotta be careful with parking blocks.

We did the ATV run in the desert too, super fun but dusty! I purposefully took old shoes and threw them away after ATVing.
We were CAKED in dust and mud by the end of several hours.
Dust managed to work its way through the goggles.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin S. View Post
Thanks for providing this. It’s extremely helpful as I have a strong appreciation for all 3 cars, especially the HP but more realistically the 580-2!

I walked away from the 580-2 coupe rental overall impressed. Coming from the HP, I drew comparisons between both while behind the wheel, and there is more overall similar than different. Both are great cars, and the HP is more everything, but also way more in price. For $220K or so, the 580 offers so much, and costs about $115K less than the HP. That's not a small amount of money at all. It could buy you an E63S wagon, GTR, or M2C PLUS RS3. Haha.
But obviously I don't think that's the point of the HP and I think both cars are the best at their respective price points.

The 580-2 came equipped with the base steel brakes and felt fine on the street and canyons. Did manage to heat them up a lot, and the pads were smoking at the end of one downhill stretch when I got out to see, but they didn't fade completely.

One thing I'll add is that the HP can be driven as a daily driver, but doesn't feel relaxed doing it. The 580 felt more relaxed and better suited for most roads and ate up highway miles easier, even with the passive suspension.
Edit: part of that difference may also be due to different tires (PZero CORSA vs PZero)
Old 03-07-2019, 08:30 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 4

Quote:
I walked away from the 580-2 coupe rental overall impressed. Coming from the HP, I drew comparisons between both while behind the wheel, and there is more overall similar than different. Both are great cars, and the HP is more everything, but also way more in price. For $220K or so, the 580 offers so much, and costs about $115K less than the HP. That's not a small amount of money at all. It could buy you an E63S wagon, GTR, or M2C PLUS RS3. Haha.
But obviously I don't think that's the point of the HP and I think both cars are the best at their respective price points.

The 580-2 came equipped with the base steel brakes and felt fine on the street and canyons. Did manage to heat them up a lot, and the pads were smoking at the end of one downhill stretch when I got out to see, but they didn't fade completely.

One thing I'll add is that the HP can be driven as a daily driver, but doesn't feel relaxed doing it. The 580 felt more relaxed and better suited for most roads and ate up highway miles easier, even with the passive suspension.
Edit: part of that difference may also be due to different tires (PZero CORSA vs PZero)
Thank you for that comparison - I'm still in the camp of deciding 580 vs 610 (and leaning more 580)

Can you comment on steering feel differences between the 2 given the RWD on the -2?

Which car has the Corsa Pzeros?

I definitely enjoyed the 'relaxed' cruising feel of the 610 on the freeway, and hope the 580 does not take away from that.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:30 AM

Thanks for the write up! Very interesting read!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in