My Vegas Huracan LP610-4 Rental | Review and Opinion! - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2019, 11:57 AM

Gallery: 0

How was your rental experience (outside of the car) with Royalty Exotics?
I've reserved their Ferrari 458 coming up soon and am curious about your experience from a customer service point of view?
Their written contract/agreement for renting cars is ...troubling and I'm not sure if that's just legal jargon or how they operate. For instance, they say they've installed an RPM monitor so you're not allowed to "rev while in neutral" otherwise face repercussions. Well how much is considered revving?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2019, 12:34 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana1500 View Post
How was your rental experience (outside of the car) with Royalty Exotics?
I've reserved their Ferrari 458 coming up soon and am curious about your experience from a customer service point of view?
Their written contract/agreement for renting cars is ...troubling and I'm not sure if that's just legal jargon or how they operate. For instance, they say they've installed an RPM monitor so you're not allowed to "rev while in neutral" otherwise face repercussions. Well how much is considered revving?
Much of that 'legal jardon' is to protect their @ss and save face and make sure they have insurance coverage when dealing with bad apples. They are essentially handing out 600hp weapons to anybody with insurance proof and a drivers license - and people do and will get in trouble with rented cars (as many can be way more reckless then their own ones). I treat rentals with as much if not more precaution and care as I do my own cars, so typically that's what I would advise to anyone going the rental route (esp with exotics).

I found the whole experience very smooth and easy. From time to arriving - they go over car with you quickly (~5 minutes) - make sure to take phone pics of anything thats not completely minor. After that you are on your way -- same when I got back, quick 5 minute glance at car after coming back and you're out of there. Smooth, efficient etc. Great attitude of people there.

I've dealt with bad apples before in the exotic rental car industry - and these guys came highly recommended.

Have fun with that 458!!

Last edited by socialpro1; 02-19-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-19-2019, 04:00 PM

Thanks for your response! I'm glad you had an excellent experience.

I'm the same with all cars, I'm just cautious by habit and I plan on driving the rental car carefully since I do not want to get into an accident with a car I'm not familiar with.

It will be interesting to compare the 458 Italia with my Performante coupe, I'll report back with some driving comparisons. I choose the 458 because it's also naturally aspirated, and theirs is a Spyder and I've wanted to try that for some time.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:19 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana1500 View Post
Thanks for your response! I'm glad you had an excellent experience.

I'm the same with all cars, I'm just cautious by habit and I plan on driving the rental car carefully since I do not want to get into an accident with a car I'm not familiar with.

It will be interesting to compare the 458 Italia with my Performante coupe, I'll report back with some driving comparisons. I choose the 458 because it's also naturally aspirated, and theirs is a Spyder and I've wanted to try that for some time.
Awesome - enjoy - and looking forward to hearing your input / comparison between the two!
Old 02-20-2019, 07:58 PM

SocialPro

if you're looking to put a lot of miles on a car nothing better than the Huracan or Gen 2 R8

I just sold my R8 for a LP-570 because there just wasn't much excitement for something I drive 2,000 or so miles per year. I just felt like i needed something more raw
Old 02-24-2019, 05:42 PM

Thanks for the write-up! If you're worried about having less "drama" or less "passion" in the driving experience... add turbos to it.

I know Houston (Royalty Exotics owner) and just got to take his TT Huracan out for an entire day up in Valley of Fire State Park two days ago. You can see the stories on my instagram!

I never really liked the Base Huracan before (but I think Lamborghini absolutely NAILED IT with the H-Performante)... but I can confidently say after driving a TT Huracan on some of the best and smoothest twisty roads in the country... it is absolutely addicting. It's how the car should have come from the factory (and maybe it will in the future... when the H replacement is released!?). The power is so linear. The turbos make it sound like a fighter jet. And the exhaust note is still there (so it sounds much better than say, a McLaren). Not to mention, the car has 73,000 miles on it w/ stock motor and trans... and turbo kit has been on for 15,000 of those miles (with people BEATING on it and not knowing how to drive). Still holding up strong. What a great testament to the over-engineering Lamborghini did for these cars.

Call B-Rogue. Call Dallas Performance. Call UGR. Call whoever... and slap those turbos on baby!! Today!

PS. Royalty Exotics are good people.
+2007 Lifted EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart

Previous:
+2005 Gated 6-Speed Arancio Borealis Gallardo / LP560 Front Bumper / Superleggera Wing / Forgeline Wheels / B.Rogue Built Titanium Exhaust & Titanium Intakes
Instagram: @LAMBO_JESUS
Old 02-24-2019, 06:44 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATED View Post
Thanks for the write-up! If you're worried about having less "drama" or less "passion" in the driving experience... add turbos to it.

I know Houston (Royalty Exotics owner) and just got to take his TT Huracan out for an entire day up in Valley of Fire State Park two days ago. You can see the stories on my instagram!

I never really liked the Base Huracan before (but I think Lamborghini absolutely NAILED IT with the H-Performante)... but I can confidently say after driving a TT Huracan on some of the best and smoothest twisty roads in the country... it is absolutely addicting. It's how the car should have come from the factory (and maybe it will in the future... when the H replacement is released!?). The power is so linear. The turbos make it sound like a fighter jet. And the exhaust note is still there (so it sounds much better than say, a McLaren). Not to mention, the car has 73,000 miles on it w/ stock motor and trans... and turbo kit has been on for 15,000 of those miles (with people BEATING on it and not knowing how to drive). Still holding up strong. What a great testament to the over-engineering Lamborghini did for these cars.

Call B-Rogue. Call Dallas Performance. Call UGR. Call whoever... and slap those turbos on baby!! Today!

Yeah I've eyed that H there as well - but figured first time in one I should stick to driving stock or else I will never be able to 'settle' for one initially haha. I really enjoyed renting from them - and might be back in a month or two to check out some other cars that they got.

I'm a big manual lover - and not sure if the H has what it takes to keep the driving involvement part intact - but now thinking I might pick up a 6 speed 911 or boxster spyder alongside the H if I decide to go that route. I loved the fact that the H is so easily driveable, around town and especially over longer distance and hoping that it wont be as much of garage queen for me as my 2 previous Gs.

Excited to see what you will end up with next! I'm actively looking for the right H as well.

Last edited by socialpro1; 02-24-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATED View Post

Interesting read! What kind of turbo kit was this?
This was the royal exotics TT huracan they just got like 1 month?
Are they letting renters launch and race the car if they want to?

I agree with you that a TT huracan adds some good excitement to a car that actually drives realllly good when stock. Get in a murcielago, and your not sure it’s going to be a great to drive across the USA car, a huracan is the opposite to this.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:06 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamboTT View Post
Interesting read! What kind of turbo kit was this?
Get in a murcielago, and your not sure it’s going to be a great to drive across the USA car, a huracan is the opposite to this.
This!! - After ~20 minutes in the Huracan I actually told my wife I def would not mind taking this on a long road trip - and I've NEVER said that about any other sports car I've owned or rode in. But as others have said - you pay for that in being less raw and involving to drive at the same time.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:21 AM

Reporting back from my rental car experience with Royalty Exotics in Vegas.

I did a bachelor party weekend that was very car themed.
My buddies and I all rented cars - I rented the 458 Spyder from Royalty Exotics. Several other cars in the mix were a Huracan 580-2 Coupe from their competitor (Dream Exotics?), a Corvette convertible from Hertz, Range Rover, etc.

Overall customer service from Royalty is great. They have good communication and attention to detail, they help you get familiar with the car, and they have an awesome show room. The owner (Houston) showed me their new line up of custom exhaust systems including one they made for the Performante.

The 458 Sypder is an interesting experience, quite different from my 19 Performante Coupe. Despite being RWD, the Spyder has no problem putting down power whatsoever under less than ideal conditions (cold). This stands in stark contrast to my 16 Corvette Z06 which is the opposite and has problems putting down power anytime anywhere under any circumstances (almost).

Things I liked about the 458:
- great exhaust noise (naturally aspirated)
- great power
- great braking
- steering is sharp, responsive
- suspension is comfortable
- design has aged well over the last 10 years

Things I didn't like about the 458:
- The rear is twitchier than I'd expected
- The gearbox could shift gears faster
- the "rough road" button doesn't seem to do anything at all (but it doesn't need it)
- The convertible mechanism takes a long time to go up/down
- The digital gauges flanking the center analog tach are not well designed. The tach is gorgeous, but everything else is not well displayed.
- Just a personal thing, but I do not like the way the car is shut off. There is no "Park" button, you just leave in neutral and turn the damn thing off (which is accomplished by turning a key) with your foot on the brake. Also, why is the red START button used for turning on the car but not turning off the car? LOL, everyone in my group had problems figuring this out. It seems unnatural.
- The placement of the Horn buttons on the steering wheel rim (not center). It didn't take long for me to accidentally press them. In a sad but funny moment, I happened to be stopping in front of an old couple walking across the parking lot lane I was in, and I accidentally hit the horn scaring the old couple. They certainly jumped. I felt really really really bad. The look on the old guy's face was just...of complete disappointment.

We drove through Valley of Fire and Red Rock Canyon and other roads around Vegas.
Would do again. If anyone wants to do something similar, would recommend Royalty Exotics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in