My Vegas Huracan LP610-4 Rental | Review and Opinion! - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2019, 09:09 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 4
Default My Vegas Huracan LP610-4 Rental | Review and Opinion!

So recently having sold my gated anniversario gallardo 560-2 I was left lamboless and began actively seeking a replacement --

A chance came up over the last weekend to go up to Vegas to see some family and I thought why not rent something for a few hours while I'm there! At first I was going to rent out a GT3RS - and after a bit of deliberation decided, having never driven a Huracan to book that instead!

Day of I was excited and did not know what to expect! It was almost all of the jitters of buying and selling a lambo, minus the hassle of dealing with both --

I picked up a gorgeous Verde Ithaca 2016 LP610-4 from Royalty Exotic Rentals, right behind the strip (they came highly recommended, and have a nice selection of vehicles). After having spent 4 hours in the car yesterday, and a previous LP570-4 and a gated 560-2 owner - here are my brief impressions!

This is gonna be a bit of a rambling (and it's late and I'm tired as I just got back) - lets start with the CONS.

I'm not going to lie - my first impression in the first few minutes was a giant 'MEH'. This thing is $300K...NEW? Puttering out of the parking lot and circling a few streets to get out of the strip area mayhem - there was not much in the car experience that felt much different than some of the more recent Audis I've owned.

It was 'very easy to drive' and navigate. The steering was light, responsive and modern. The gear changes (though much better than e-gear) in automatic mode were still a bit clunky. The sound seemed to take a slight step back even over the previous two gallardos I had. Biggest shocker? All the plastic on the interior. That was my sorest disappointment. Nothing inside the car felt 'expensive'. I know some of these issues were addressed later on in the H line, especially so with the performante.

It took me all of 25 minutes to get to Summerlin - grab a quick lunch before heading of to Red Rock Canyon.

Now here is where the fun begins. Throwing her in Corsa mode, dropping a few gears and stepping on the pedal - well you know the rest. Car hauls @ss like no other. Definitely a level up over my previous Gs. The dual clutch (under hard acceleration) is a huge improvement over the e-gear (which I hated!). The gearbox is still not as 'refined' as I thought it would be, and offers quite a bit of kick back with gear changes - which is great.

After about an hour of taking some of the red rock roads - is where my impression of the car began to completely turn around. Why? It is the most driveable and livable supercar I have been in! What it lacks in driving emotion - it makes up in usability. With my previous lambos - I never had the urge to drive them and be in them longer than an hour - and what I instantly noticed with the H is how usable it is over all types of environments!

In the 4 hours I had her - the car never 'grew tired' on me. I almost felt like it would be a GREAT road trip car (and I would never say that of my previous 997 911s and 2 Gallardos). I can totally relate to how someone can use these daily without a problem. I also now understand of members here who mentioned having a G and and H - and the G would be the one staying back in the garage. This is the first sportscar that I would not mind taking on longer, backroad drives without thinking twice - and that is its main appeal to me. It is not very 'high strung'. ALSO - and a huge pro to me is the car is also very manageable, stable and subdued on the freeway (even on 20s!), something I did find much of in my previous sports cars.

The H has an 'ease' about it which makes it easy to love, once I overlook the few flaws. For me, it took a bit of time for the car to grow on me - and now I see what the big deal is - and oddly I now really want one

I'm not sure what I'm going to do, as I still want a manual car of some sort, and might pick up a stick GT3, 997, or boxster spyder alongside the H - if I decide to go this route. I was never big on the H lines - but getting in and out of the car, taking pictures along the way - and evaluating her from various angles made me lust after the modern lambo aesthetic!

I'm also not sure of 610 vs 580 route - as I usually enjoy RWD, and lighter steering feel - but the 610 steering was great, and the car did not feel 'heavy' (unlike my 570-4).

As great of a drivers car that my gated 560-2 was - the H made me forget all about her and cured my recent 'break-up'! I did not want to give her back after my time was up - and could have easily spent the rest of the day enjoying her !!

This H did have a smidge over 65K miles on her - and was still solid as a rock - which goes to the testament of how well build these machines are.

Anyways - not sure if I added anything beyond what was discovered of the H before - but here are some pictures I took along the way!! Side Note: Verde Ithaca is gorgeous in person! Changes greatly depending on the light and REALLY pops in the sun. Now dilemmas in my head as I'm off to bed!

Last edited by socialpro1; 02-16-2019 at 09:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2019, 08:55 AM

Gallery: 1

The 610 w/magneto is great for those who want a fast, capable super car that is comfortable, refined and can become a DD. For those wanting a more thrilling ride, with greater feedback and connectivity between car and driver, it will be found lacking. Going from a Balboni, the rawness for those who value that quality, was completely emasculated in the 610, now erring excessively on the side of detachment. The lion was transformed into a pussy cat. Instead of buying the 610, a purer driving experience can be had with the 580 and without magneto. That set up is more compelling, with gobbs more driver involvement. The 580 is more nimble, manouvrable and feels much lighter. The downside is wheel spin is inevitable upon lauch from a stop.

For those who embrace the civility of the 610, I would recommend the Mclaren 720S which is just as compliant and comfortable but is lightning fast. The only downside is engine sound does not compare to the 610.

The best of all worlds remains the HP. It encompasses the best attributes of all those cars mentioned above. Its secret sauce is how uncannily balanced it is on every parameter of performance.

Last edited by Coincident; 02-17-2019 at 09:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-17-2019, 02:33 PM

Gallery: 0

Is that Ithaca or mantis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-17-2019, 05:06 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrinB View Post
Is that Ithaca or mantis?

Ithaca - I checked paint code under the hood -- I was curious to verify myself, as I have not seen too many of either in the wild.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:24 PM

Great experience. Thanks for sharing and very interesting to hear a first hand comparison between the two cars.
'94 Viper RT/10 (sold)
Old 02-17-2019, 09:43 PM

Corsa mode is designed to give a kick between shifts unlike sport mode. Also sport mode is more rear bias. Glad you had a blast! Just wished the driving mode settings (suspension, steering, shift, etc) were individually controllable like the Gen 2 R8

Last edited by MattZCP; 02-17-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:27 AM

that has be a very rare VI Huracan, only one I have seen

too bad it's a rental
Old 02-18-2019, 08:52 AM

OP Thanks for this. I’ve been doing some window shopping and recently spent some seat time (in dealership only) in a 610-4, 580-2 and 458. Needless to say, I am very conflicted but similar to you I really want to make sure the car is just as exhilarating to drive as it looks.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:42 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrinB View Post
that has be a very rare VI Huracan, only one I have seen

too bad it's a rental
Wow - did not know that VI was rare on the H - but makes sense as I don't think I've came across many (any?) before on the boards or in person at C&Cs. Has to be my favorite green that Lambo makes, and works really really well with the lines on this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin S. View Post
OP Thanks for this. I’ve been doing some window shopping and recently spent some seat time (in dealership only) in a 610-4, 580-2 and 458. Needless to say, I am very conflicted but similar to you I really want to make sure the car is just as exhilarating to drive as it looks.

Yes - car has tons of pros and cons - and where it shines is 'usability' as the car does not grow tired on you after hours of driving. With that comes slightly less emotion and driver involvement (compared to both of my Gallardos). Everything seems to be just turned down a notch or two.

The engine whine, tire hum, twichiness, etc are nowhere near as intrusive esp for longer drives. I was surprised at how docile the Huracan was on the freeway, and so far the only Lambo I've been in that I would not mind taking on a longer trip for hours at a time driving.

I'm starting to wonder if the 580-2 is the perfect compromise (and slightly cheaper to boot).

As much as I'm trying to downsize my cars - maybe for me the perfect toy/weekend combo would be a cheaper 6 speed porsche (boxster spyder / 911 ?) + a huracan ... hmm a man can dream right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by routt73 View Post
fun read. how many miles did you put on your 50th gated LP?
All of 300

I should have enjoyed her more - but the collect-ability + rareness of that car + combining with manual shift, especially through city driving never made me eager to pull her out of the garage. I'm wondering if I would enjoy a Huracan more in all of these regards ...

Last edited by socialpro1; 02-18-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:41 PM

The engine whine, tire hum, twichiness, etc are nowhere near as intrusive esp for longer drives. I was surprised at how docile the Huracan was on the freeway, and so far the only Lambo I've been in that I would not mind taking on a longer trip for hours at a time driving.

I'm starting to wonder if the 580-2 is the perfect compromise (and slightly cheaper to boot).

As much as I'm trying to downsize my cars - maybe for me the perfect toy/weekend combo would be a cheaper 6 speed porsche (boxster spyder / 911 ?) + a huracan ... hmm a man can dream right?

[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is, I also miss having a clutch pedal and I also enjoy taking my weekend warriors on long hauls! Can’t have it all but it seems like you have some really good ideas and heading in the right direction. Perhaps the 580-2 in Corsa mode is the right fit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in