Are Huracans falling drastically in price? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2019, 06:22 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Are Huracans falling drastically in price?

I check Lamborghini Dallas's website regularly.

Today I saw they are selling a 2015 Huracan for $169,999. It has 35,000+ miles on it, and no report of accidents.

Just eight months ago, it would be rare to see a Huracan under $200,000. And I've been following prices very closely.

They also have posted a 2018 Huracan with less than 200 miles for $207,000.

Prices are falling imo.

This is good for people who are planning to buy a Huracan soon, but is not good for people who own Huracans. But owners knew there would be depreciation, and low-mileage Huracans are holding around $200,000 fairly well.

---------------

Here's the $169k Huracan listing: https://www.lamborghinidallas.com/us...d117f8dc85.htm

Here's the low mileage, 2018 Huracan listing: https://www.lamborghinidallas.com/us...6444c454cc.htm

I'm not affiliated with Dallas Lambo. Just live nearby and know their reputation.

Reasons for the price drop:

***High production--This car will be Lamborghini's most produced car. There was 14k Gallardo units, and there will be more Huracan units.

***Leases ending--Each year, you have people getting a 3-year lease on a Huracan, then not paying off the residual at the end. So, the car is returned to the dealer. The result is lower mileage 2015, 2016, 2017 Huracans are coming back onto the market after leases have ended.

***Regular depreciation--self explanatory

***Competition--there's many competitors. Not just Ferrari and McLaren. But even other cars under the Volvo umbrella. The R8 is more daily drivable than even a Huracan and has a Lamborghini engine under the hood.

***Hellcat/Demon/ZR1/Mustangs/other Challengers--would-be Huracan customers look at the 0 to 60 on these cars, and don't see why they need to pay triple or quadruple the price for an Italian supercar. Obviously us Lamborghini guys know why you buy the Lambo, but to many consumers, the cheaper alternatives are a better option.

Last edited by Texas_Rangers; 08-20-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2019, 06:24 PM

Yes they are. Been eyeing them and also looking at Murci's. Yes there seems to be more Huracan's out there than G's I think.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-20-2019, 06:34 PM

I think they have more to drop, I have been watching for months and a lot are sitting, even reasonably priced ones. Priced aggressively they go quickly i.e. 165-175k for a 15 with low miles. Miles are not of a mechanical concern with these cars but the stigma is a real problem.

Old 08-20-2019, 06:35 PM

Default Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamboLP View Post
Yes they are. Been eyeing them and also looking at Murci's. Yes there seems to be more Huracan's out there than G's I think.
11k Huracans built as of summer 2018, and there were 14k Gallardos produced in that model's 14 year production life.

I was looking at Murci's too, but I don't wanna deal with possible mechanical issues of the Murci. Especially when compared to Huracan reliability.

Here's a question---- what do you think about higher mileage Huracans? The car has a good reputation for reliability. Is it worth going with the higher mileage car?

My first thought is that I'd prefer the lower mileage car for the normal reasons. But there's an argument to be made that buying the higher mileage is best because you might not lose as much to depreciation.

Last edited by Texas_Rangers; 08-20-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBo View Post
I think they have more to drop, I have been watching for months and a lot are sitting, even reasonably priced ones. Priced aggressively they go quickly i.e. 165-175k for a 15 with low miles. Miles are not of a mechanical concern with these cars but the stigma is a real problem.
Could you explain more on what you mean by stigma? Like stigma in reselling car?
Old 08-20-2019, 06:48 PM

Volvo??? do mean VW?
Back to depreciation, that's why you don't pay MSRP to lessen the blow.
Two years ago when I first started looking I found a Spyder with 700 miles on it for $180k but it had a ding on the carfax. A $1500 ding, I never got the dealer to explain what it was. What can you do to one of these cars that only costs $1500USD???
This goes back to why I wouldn't finance one of these cars. Depreciation + loan interest = bigger loss.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:49 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rangers View Post
11k Huracans built as of summer 2018, and there were 14k Gallardos produced in that model's 14 year production life.

I was looking at Murci's too, but I don't wanna deal with possible mechanical issues of the Murci. Especially when compared to Huracan reliability.
Right, (divide how many years in production) that would be 13,750 so far up to 2019. Damn, pretty crazy.

If you're getting a car like a Murci you just need a good independent you can trust. That's everything.
Stay tuned! Real carbon fiber remote keys, real carbon dash, real carbon paddle shifters, console pieces, real carbon SL wings, side skirts, engine panels, silicone intakes hoses, billet rocker switches for center of dash, LOC/Fabspeed exhausts, and OEM Lambo parts (Lambo tax kinda still applies for these)

Call or text 717-319-2100 24/7
Old 08-20-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:

Here's a question---- what do you think about higher mileage Huracans? The car has a good reputation for reliability. Is it worth going with the higher mileage car?

My first thought is that I'd prefer the lower mileage car for the normal reasons. But there's an argument to be made that buying the higher mileage is best because you might not lose as much to depreciation.

Reliable or not, I prefer to own something with at least 1 year of warranty for just in case. How high of a mileage we talking? 10k miles would be acceptable for me. Anymore and I would be concern about the CCBs.

The 610-4 have definitely come down a bit. When I picked up my R8 more than a year ago, the 16s were still 220s and were there some while ago. 580s were always much cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2019, 09:26 PM

NO they really are holding values amazingly. The high end performantes are falling but the huracan is still a $200k car with reasonable used cars.

The huracan 580-2 that is linked below for $200k starts Tens of thousands cheaper MSRP than a huracan 610-4. Makes sense to me.

They arenít going up in value but they are holding really well.

Quote:
I check Lamborghini Dallas's website regularly.

Today I saw they are selling a 2015 Huracan for $169,999. It has 35,000+ miles on it, and no report of accidents.

Just eight months ago, it would be rare to see a Huracan under $200,000. And I've been following prices very closely.

They also have posted a 2018 Huracan with less than 200 miles for $207,000.

Prices are falling imo.

This is good for people who are planning to buy a Huracan soon, but is not good for people who own Huracans. But owners knew there would be depreciation, and low-mileage Huracans are holding around $200,000 fairly well.

---------------

Here's the $169k Huracan listing: https://www.lamborghinidallas.com/us...d117f8dc85.htm

Here's the low mileage, 2018 Huracan listing: https://www.lamborghinidallas.com/us...6444c454cc.htm

I'm not affiliated with Dallas Lambo. Just live nearby and know their reputation.

Reasons for the price drop:

***High production--This car will be Lamborghini's most produced car. There was 14k Gallardo units, and there will be more Huracan units.

***Leases ending--Each year, you have people getting a 3-year lease on a Huracan, then not paying off the residual at the end. So, the car is returned to the dealer. The result is lower mileage 2015, 2016, 2017 Huracans are coming back onto the market after leases have ended.

***Regular depreciation--self explanatory

***Competition--there's many competitors. Not just Ferrari and McLaren. But even other cars under the Volvo umbrella. The R8 is more daily drivable than even a Huracan and has a Lamborghini engine under the hood.

***Hellcat/Demon/ZR1/Mustangs/other Challengers--would-be Huracan customers look at the 0 to 60 on these cars, and don't see why they need to pay triple or quadruple the price for an Italian supercar. Obviously us Lamborghini guys know why you buy the Lambo, but to many consumers, the cheaper alternatives are a better option.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamboTT View Post
NO they really are holding values amazingly. The high end performantes are falling but the huracan is still a $200k car with reasonable used cars.

The huracan 580-2 that is linked below for $200k starts Tens of thousands cheaper MSRP than a huracan 610-4. Makes sense to me.

They arenít going up in value but they are holding really well.
That's what I was thinking. 580's MSRP was $199k if you could get one with no options. The last time I was at the dealer, the sales guy was saying Performante's were dropping fast. He was trying to sell me an EVO so... I know they have six used Performante's at Lambo Dallas. or was that five???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in