First Time Lambo Owner...iPhone Navigation Question - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2020, 05:20 PM

Gallery: 0
Default First Time Lambo Owner...iPhone Navigation Question

Hey guys, I just purchased my first exotic, and this is my first post!

My question is:
Is there a way to display my iPhone Navigation Maps on the instrument cluster?

I purchased a 2015 Lamborghini Huracan in Verde Mantis from Marshall Goldman. Single owner, 15K miles, full clear bra. I am PUMPED!!

I have my iPhone paired to the vehicle through Bluetooth, and I can hear my maps (navigation) audio when the "Media" button is engaged. However, I can not get the maps to display on my car screen.

I have an MMI port in the arm rest, but I do not have an MMI-iPhone cord yet. There are no USB ports (that I'm aware of), so I can not connect to USB cord.

I test drove a 2016 Huracan, and when I plugged my phone into the USB port (which mine doesn't have) my iPhone maps displayed on the instrument cluster screen. I assumed the 2015 model would be capable of the same thing.

The salesman from Marshall Goldman sent me a photo of his phone displaying iPhone maps on the screen of my vehicle, so I assumed it would work through just Bluetooth. The salesman hasn't been able to help with how he was able to get it to display. Hoping someone in this forum knows the trick??

Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2020, 06:02 PM

Marshall Goldman is good people. I stop by their dealership several times every year but have never been able to consummate a deal. Do you live in Ohio?
2008 Gallardo SL (Sold)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-06-2020, 08:49 PM

sick!!! lovin it

Old 02-06-2020, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperdean View Post
Marshall Goldman is good people. I stop by their dealership several times every year but have never been able to consummate a deal. Do you live in Ohio?
They are a great dealership! I am currently living in Denver. Had the car delivered.

Last edited by Coreywog; 02-06-2020 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreywog View Post
They are a great dealership! I am currently living in Denver. Had the car delivered.
nice, what's your address?
Old 02-11-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday View Post
nice, what's your address?

Wtf...

OP do u have the online listing or post a said picture of iPhone on the cluster. Thereís an aftermarket CarPlay Iím aware of but theyre from ATL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2020, 12:39 AM
Gold Site Supporter

nice, what's your bank account number?
2018 AMG C 63WS | designo Diamond White Metallic
Recently gone:
2018 AMG GTR | Green Hell Magno
2018 AMG GLA 45 | Night Black
Old 02-12-2020, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreywog View Post
Hey guys, I just purchased my first exotic, and this is my first post!

My question is:
Is there a way to display my iPhone Navigation Maps on the instrument cluster?

I purchased a 2015 Lamborghini Huracan in Verde Mantis from Marshall Goldman. Single owner, 15K miles, full clear bra. I am PUMPED!!

I have my iPhone paired to the vehicle through Bluetooth, and I can hear my maps (navigation) audio when the "Media" button is engaged. However, I can not get the maps to display on my car screen.

I have an MMI port in the arm rest, but I do not have an MMI-iPhone cord yet. There are no USB ports (that I'm aware of), so I can not connect to USB cord.

I test drove a 2016 Huracan, and when I plugged my phone into the USB port (which mine doesn't have) my iPhone maps displayed on the instrument cluster screen. I assumed the 2015 model would be capable of the same thing.

The salesman from Marshall Goldman sent me a photo of his phone displaying iPhone maps on the screen of my vehicle, so I assumed it would work through just Bluetooth. The salesman hasn't been able to help with how he was able to get it to display. Hoping someone in this forum knows the trick??

Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Congrats on the H! Unfortunately, the 2015 model is not able to display iPhone (also known as Apple CarPlay on the instrument cluster). I'm not positive you drove a MY2016 nor did the salesperson take a picture of MY2015 since Lamborghini didn't add it to the H until late MY2018. I believe the 1st to get it was the 580-2, then Performante, and finally the EVOs. I've done some extensive research on the subject since I'm a nerd and I love my tech.

Good news, you can get this installed aftermarket. Bad new, the only shop I found to do it was in Atlanta, Georgia. I documented my trip and the install in a YouTube video below. Let me know if you have any questions!

https://youtu.be/GRvjNMkKWfM
Old 02-12-2020, 12:11 PM

Thank you guys for the info! I'll definitely check out the video! The more I learn, the more I realize that something must have been modified in the used 2016 H that I test drove. It somehow displayed Apple maps when plugged in to the arm rest USB. It did not, however, show the Apple Car play in the cluster like all of the 18 plus models do now. I was blown away, thinking I had somehow missed this option on my research, so I made sure it wasn't the factory Navigation that was displaying, and sure enough it would switch back and forth from Apple Maps to factory Nav when I hit the Nav button on the console. Super strange!

Unfortunately I don't plan to post my home address or bank account numbers at the moment. ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Tags
bluetooth, huracan, iphone, maps, navigation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in