EVO vs McLaren - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2019, 06:31 AM

Gallery: 0
Default EVO vs McLaren

Hello All -

I was a proud owner of a McLaren 570S for a couple of years. Recently, I sold it and am now considering either a Huracan EVO or another McLaren (600LT or 720S). This is not a daily driver for me; rather, a fun weekend car. I love sports cars...the sound, feeling, speed, etc. However, I also appreciate great electronics and sound system. I know there are many people who don't listen to music and only listen to the engine...I'm not one of them!

The reason for the post is that I would like to get some input from current Huracan owners, who have also owned a McLaren, to give me their honest feedback on which one they appreciated more. I know that I can't go wrong with any of these vehicles, but it's good to hear what other people have experienced. To be honest, I have never had a real "love" for Lambo's, but the EVO has changed my perception! It has great lines, amazing naturally aspirated sound, good electronics, all wheel steering, and a well built interior. To me, the EVO is overpriced though and will probably have a drastic drop in value. Yes, all cars depreciate, but I'm not looking to be foolish, either. Will it drop more than a McLaren...probably not, the way they are pumping out models left and right! The main thing I didn't like about my 570S were the electronics...extremely dated to say the least, which is why I started looking at Lamborghini to begin with.

Any thoughts or input is appreciated!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2019, 08:28 AM

Iíve never owned a McLaren so iím no authority on this subject. I do however own an Evo, and much as I like the 600LT a lot I would never consider swapping the Evo for one. Just my two cents.

I have the sensonum sound system and, whilst itís not the best iíve heard in a car, iím glad i have it over the standard system. I listen to music all the time, and you need the extra power to hear it over the engine in Sport/Corsa modes.

From everything iíve heard, all modern Lambos are far more reliable than McLarens when it comes to electronics.

When it comes to weekend fun versus a daily driver, the Evo makes it a moot point. You can do either and have as much fun as you like.

Iím biased, so take my words however you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-19-2019, 08:30 AM

PS: NOTHING compares to the sound of a Lambo imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 09-19-2019, 08:47 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Aside from what Eamon said Mclaren’s customer support has an extremely poor reputation.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Old 09-19-2019, 10:43 PM

720s is the fastest stock car you can drive under $1m hands down. It’s mind-blowingly quick. It has ufo-style looks (which in person, look great in my opinion). It’s a great daily driver GT car that you can also track. It’s similar to the 488 GTB in that way. Both are ridiculously easy to daily drive (the 488 even more so, getting in and out of one is easier than my Porsche) but you can switch them to track/race modes and have a blast on back roads or the track.

The 600LT is a big upgrade from the 570s. It almost feels like a different car. Especially the 600LT Spyder (being able to hear the top mounted exhausts behind your head with even just the rear window diffuser down or the whole top down is awesome. The car handles like a dream, but at low speeds it very jerky. It’s not interested in fooling around town. It wants to be on canyon roads or the track. But since this is a “fun car” and not a daily, this is fine. The 720s is still faster though.

I’ve yet to drive an EVO, but from what it seems it’s more in line with the GT+track hybrid that the 720s/488 GTB have. I think it’s hands down the best looking H car they’ve made. That rear is near perfection!

The Performante might be the fun weekend Lambo you are looking for thought? However it drives very different than the 570s. Being AWD it will feel far less dancy than the RWD you are used to. This could be a plus, minus or neutral to you. Test driving an HP is a little harder than an EVO (since the dealers near might not have a used one).

I’d also recommend checking out a 488 (they are a steal of a deal right now) and they are wonderful awesome cars despite the turbo noise.

You could also check out a GT3RS or GT2RS if you want to pay the mark up (which has been going down rather quick already)

As you said, you can’t go wrong. Go with what your heart tells you. But if you do go EVO please don’t buy one of the $330k dealer demo specials that are popping up right now. They’re well overspecced.

Last edited by HEAT; 09-19-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:15 AM

I'd be a little cautious on the Macca.

The 720S is nearly half-a-minute slower round the Nurburgring than an Aventador SVJ, and 16secs slower than a Huracan Performante. The Perf is faster to 60mph than the 720S. Not to mention the rain, when a 720S turns into an iceskate. And the eye-watering depreciation. And the huge reliability problems. And the notoriously bad aftersales dealer service.

Given the choice of all the cars mentioned in this thread, the Huracan Perf stands out the most. Best looks, howl, reliability, etc.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:14 AM
Gold Site Supporter

I seriously considered getting a 720S. Except for the fact the nearest dealer to me is 420 miles away and I live 100 miles out of Vegas. Perhaps one day there will be a dealership in Vegas. No way I would get one and deal with getting this car to the dealer and picking it up God knows how many times for issues and warranty work. Only way I would consider getting one would be a killer deal and live within very close proximity to a dealer. So if you have one and live in LA for example you are probably okay. Cross country or extended road trips? Big gamble in my opinion. I'd assume most who have/had one in this thread do live fairly close to a dealer.
2018 AMG C 63WS | designo Diamond White Metallic
Recently gone:
2018 AMG GTR | Green Hell Magno
2018 AMG GLA 45 | Night Black
Old 09-21-2019, 06:11 PM

Thanks everyone for your input and opinions. I spent some good time at the dealership today driving the EVO Coupe, EVO Spyder and 600LT. I have to say the EVO drove great...both the coupe and Spyder! The 600LT had great performance, but honestly it was a little more raw than I like and it reminded me too much of my 570. I’m most likely going down the EVO trail as it sounds great, feels great, and looks great!
Old 09-21-2019, 09:39 PM

720 is the best bang for buck preowned vehicle right now. Nothing touches it in that price.

600 is a complete different animal than 570s. If ur looking straight line speed, the evo wonít surpass the 570 from my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello All -

I was a proud owner of a McLaren 570S for a couple of years. Recently, I sold it and am now considering either a Huracan EVO or another McLaren (600LT or 720S). This is not a daily driver for me; rather, a fun weekend car. I love sports cars...the sound, feeling, speed, etc. However, I also appreciate great electronics and sound system. I know there are many people who don't listen to music and only listen to the engine...I'm not one of them!

The reason for the post is that I would like to get some input from current Huracan owners, who have also owned a McLaren, to give me their honest feedback on which one they appreciated more. I know that I can't go wrong with any of these vehicles, but it's good to hear what other people have experienced. To be honest, I have never had a real "love" for Lambo's, but the EVO has changed my perception! It has great lines, amazing naturally aspirated sound, good electronics, all wheel steering, and a well built interior. To me, the EVO is overpriced though and will probably have a drastic drop in value. Yes, all cars depreciate, but I'm not looking to be foolish, either. Will it drop more than a McLaren...probably not, the way they are pumping out models left and right! The main thing I didn't like about my 570S were the electronics...extremely dated to say the least, which is why I started looking at Lamborghini to begin with.

Any thoughts or input is appreciated!
I owned both a HuracŠn and 720. Hands down huracŠn for reliability and fun drive. McLaren had all kinds of issues with electronics and every week something had to be fixed. It was a gremlin filled Experience.... but the doors are the best part of the 720 along with incredible acceleration.... that said it was one headache after another.

Evo has the looks, reliability, sound, electronics, and dealer service to match all of my expectations. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Tags
evo, huracan, mclaren

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in