Converting huracan to RWD? - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2016, 07:31 AM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby3 View Post
Neither me ! On the H the power distribution to the front and rears is controlled electronically. Also the front diff is electronically controlled as well as the traction control is programmed for the AWD. Therefore the whole software for the distribution must be changed in the TCU. If not everything is done the professional way with knowledge of the programs you may in big danger driving the car as the behaviour is absolutely unknown.

IMHO, Just switch to Sport and you're on 80% RWD. And the option to trade it in for an RWD is always there.
+1 well put Robbie, that is absolutely spot on and exactly why the awd is needed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2019, 03:43 PM

Putting this old thread to life again. Someone has now done it on a Huracan and he has a switch in the car to change between AWD and RWD. Does anyone know how to do this or how to get in contact with this guy? I want to try this on my R8..

I can’t send the link because I’m new here. Check out Hyperdrive on Netflix, episode 2 around 11:30 minutes in to see the car.

Last edited by Vassilakis; 11-07-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-07-2019, 03:58 PM
Supporting Vendor

I saw it.

I think what they are doing is turning off the haldex pump remotely so no pressure is built up in the front difference to engage the clutches.

There is an electrical pump inside the unit, building a base pressure which is necessary for the unit to work. Without power supply, there will be no base pressure, and therefore no torque transfer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ULTIMATEPD; 11-07-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATEPD View Post
I saw it.

I think what they are doing is turning off the haldex pump remotely so no pressure is built up in the front difference to engage the clutches.
Yes I was thinking this as well. Iím just wondering what fault codes this can cause and what more systems it will affect. I think if you pull the fuse to the differential you wont have ABS or any stability programs. I donít think there is an LSD in the regular Huracan and R8 like in the ones with RWD. The ĒdiffĒ works with the ABS and the car brakes the inner wheel if itís spinning faster than the outer.
Thatís what Iíve been told of the same mechanics that built Jon Olsonís old supercharged Huracan.

Does anyone here know if itís right or how you can do this?
Old 11-07-2019, 04:27 PM
Supporting Vendor

If you remove the fuse then yes it will trigger malfunction lights.
What you have to do is wire in some sort of circuit to the 2 wires going to the haldex pump so you can turn if on an off. Pressure sensor will also need to fooled.

Email

Last edited by ULTIMATEPD; 11-07-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Supporting Vendor

I have hosted this PDF it should help you. Huracan and R8 are the same

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...EtzR19oUHg4TTg

Email

Old 11-07-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATEPD View Post
If you remove the fuse then yes it will trigger malfunction lights.
What you have to do is wire in some sort of circuit to the 2 wires going to the haldex pump so you can turn if on an off. Pressure sensor will also need to fooled.
Will look into this. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in