Converting huracan to RWD? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2016, 06:49 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 4
Default Converting huracan to RWD?

Is converting the Huracan 610-4 to RWD as easy and straightforward (and reversible) as it is converting the AWD gallardo to 2wd? Anybody has done it? Any feedback?

I like the RWD idea but dislike the body changes done to the 580 and if can be easily swapped back/forth then that makes it a no brainer.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2016, 08:00 AM

Gallery: 15

Buy the 580 and swap the body panels. Probably the easier and cheaper way to do it.
I for sure like the 610 looks more.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2016, 12:39 PM

Gallery: 0

You really want to do that? It would be like taking one leg off of a horse. The horse was designed, optimized and all it's systems finely tuned to run on all four legs. I'm sure it could adapt and run on three but....

It seems to me that the Huracan is a very "integrated" blend of machine and computer technology, where the "whole" is greater than the sum of the parts. You'd just be creating damaged goods.

If you try it, please give us a full report as I'd like to be proven wrong.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:49 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
You really want to do that? It would be like taking one leg off of a horse. The horse was designed, optimized and all it's systems finely tuned to run on all four legs. I'm sure it could adapt and run on three but....

It seems to me that the Huracan is a very "integrated" blend of machine and computer technology, where the "whole" is greater than the sum of the parts. You'd just be creating damaged goods.

If you try it, please give us a full report as I'd like to be proven wrong.
yes it seems counterproductive. I'm paying about 25k extra for AWD and really can't justify giving it a vasectomy.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Old 04-24-2016, 01:52 AM

I'd be glad to work with a Huracan owner interested in converting to 2WD. Message me for details.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:58 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 4

Has this been done and/or attempted by anybody yet?

Seems to be a **hot** topic (and many converts swearing by it) around the Gallardo forums but dont see much discussion about RWD'ing an AWD huracan.

On the gallardo its a quick and reversible process - is it similar setup on the H?
Old 12-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Supporting Vendor

On the gallardo and the R8 it is very easy to do.
Takes about 2 hrs worth of labor and the kit cost 399.00
Weight saving are close to 90lbs
I have done a few cars
Old 12-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Someone has to be the first! It won't be me.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Old 12-02-2016, 03:41 AM

Gallery: 15

Neither me ! On the H the power distribution to the front and rears is controlled electronically. Also the front diff is electronically controlled as well as the traction control is programmed for the AWD. Therefore the whole software for the distribution must be changed in the TCU. If not everything is done the professional way with knowledge of the programs you may in big danger driving the car as the behaviour is absolutely unknown.

IMHO, Just switch to Sport and you're on 80% RWD. And the option to trade it in for an RWD is always there.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russk View Post
Someone has to be the first! It won't be me.
Lol, right +1. The Huracan is a comepletley different beast than the Gallardo variant as it's now a fully managed system whereas the Gallardo/LP series were purely mechanical. Hence, crappy and exactly why I did the Balboni on my LP560 Spyder.

I talked to Valentino at the Concourse D'Elegance in Amelia Island and asked him 'With your edition of the Galardo you chose to go 2wd, why is that?'

His response was literally a split second later ....'Because that's the way it should have been in the first place David!' I burst out laughing, I agree with you completely Mr. Balboni.

The Huracan on the other hand, miles better and I honestly have grown to love the LDS in my Huracan. The change is apparent and a welcome feature.

Last edited by djastral69; 12-02-2016 at 07:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in