Changed wheel setup: BBS FI-R & MRG Titanium Stud Conversion - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum
 
  homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2020, 09:31 AM
JesseRohr's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 05 2019
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 125
Gallery: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre300 View Post
Its a great looking wheel. Do you know what stock wheels weigh verse the BBS-FIR.
Was curious if you feel any acceleration difference also with lighter setup.
I haven't weighed them versus my stock wheels which are in my storage building but compared to the Forged Vossen and Michelin setup, the results are as follows.

Front wheel/tire - 2.7lbs lighter each
Rear wheel/tire - 4.1lbs lighter each

Total weight reduction 13.6lbs
__________________
LP580
AMG GT63
X4M
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2020, 11:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 24 2017
Posts: 82
Gallery: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseRohr View Post
I haven't weighed them versus my stock wheels which are in my storage building but compared to the Forged Vossen and Michelin setup, the results are as follows.

Front wheel/tire - 2.7lbs lighter each
Rear wheel/tire - 4.1lbs lighter each

Total weight reduction 13.6lbs
Wow, that's a good amount of weight off of rotating mass. I really like the look of these rims over the set you had before.
Also your pictures came out amazing, what camera and lens do you use. The clarity of the pictures are super clear and have nice boca in background.
I never saw a stud conversion before for theses cars and was wondering what the purpose is over the stock setup? The titanium is for weight saving i know , but was curious if theres another reason for this setup over buying the regular TI/not stud setup. Txs for sharing, it is very beautiful car you have and your awesome pictures show it well.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2020, 02:13 PM
JesseRohr's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 05 2019
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 125
Gallery: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre300 View Post
Wow, that's a good amount of weight off of rotating mass. I really like the look of these rims over the set you had before.
Also your pictures came out amazing, what camera and lens do you use. The clarity of the pictures are super clear and have nice boca in background.
I never saw a stud conversion before for theses cars and was wondering what the purpose is over the stock setup? The titanium is for weight saving i know , but was curious if theres another reason for this setup over buying the regular TI/not stud setup. Txs for sharing, it is very beautiful car you have and your awesome pictures show it well.
Thanks for the kind photography comments. These were taken with my walk around rig.

Nikon D850 w/ Tamron 24-70 f2.8 (gen 2) which is sharp as a tack. These are obviously post processed in LR. I shoot everything in RAW and edit for the look I am after depending on the situation.

My other body is a Nikon D5 which I normally keep longer lenses on. I have a 70-300 f2.8 that normal sits on it and some other even longer lenses.

As for the stud conversion, I enjoy the look and weight savings. Makes wheel changes super easy and safer IMO. Really it's just something that stuck from my BMW days.
__________________
LP580
AMG GT63
X4M
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2020, 03:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 24 2017
Posts: 82
Gallery: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseRohr View Post
Thanks for the kind photography comments. These were taken with my walk around rig.

Nikon D850 w/ Tamron 24-70 f2.8 (gen 2) which is sharp as a tack. These are obviously post processed in LR. I shoot everything in RAW and edit for the look I am after depending on the situation.

My other body is a Nikon D5 which I normally keep longer lenses on. I have a 70-300 f2.8 that normal sits on it and some other even longer lenses.

As for the stud conversion, I enjoy the look and weight savings. Makes wheel changes super easy and safer IMO. Really it's just something that stuck from my BMW days.
Thats a awesome camera, never thought the tamron lenses were great, they have obviously come a long way as your pics are tac sharp. I have a nikon D7000 and nikkor 300 F4 VR, I need a 2nd lens, not sure what MM to get, i like the nik 100mm VR, would that be good for stars, landscape, car and generally walking around? I do like it does Marco but don't know if its ok for walking around. I don't have Edit software and shot large/Fine Jpeg. I need some stuff and more knowledge.

Ok makes sense on safe wheel changes, i just read today you can hit the caliper when putting wheel on so makes sense not scratching things up and going lighter.
Do you notice a little acceleration with the light wheel setup?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2020, 07:42 PM
Kisco's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 07 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 565
Gallery: 0
Default

Looks a 100x better and you gained some performance with lesser rotating mass. From my research, these BBS-FI-Rs will save you 19 lbs total over the stock forged Huracan wheels. One of, if not the best wheel out there IMO. Congrats!
__________________
TT Huracan
991 TTS
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2020, 07:50 PM
JesseRohr's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 05 2019
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 125
Gallery: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre300 View Post
Thats a awesome camera, never thought the tamron lenses were great, they have obviously come a long way as your pics are tac sharp. I have a nikon D7000 and nikkor 300 F4 VR, I need a 2nd lens, not sure what MM to get, i like the nik 100mm VR, would that be good for stars, landscape, car and generally walking around? I do like it does Marco but don't know if its ok for walking around. I don't have Edit software and shot large/Fine Jpeg. I need some stuff and more knowledge.

Ok makes sense on safe wheel changes, i just read today you can hit the caliper when putting wheel on so makes sense not scratching things up and going lighter.
Do you notice a little acceleration with the light wheel setup?
There are gobs if YouTube videos on shooting and editing. Really can make anyone a pro now days with the right discipline and practice.

Noticed more wheel spin going back to a Pirelli. Michelins are going back on ASAP when they are back in stock.
__________________
LP580
AMG GT63
X4M
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2020, 11:15 AM
Vividracing's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 04 2008
Posts: 1,092
Gallery: 0
Default

Great choice! I love the studs with those wheels

-Chris
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

480-966-3040 Ext 226
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2020, 09:33 AM
ULTIMATEPD's Avatar
Supporting Vendor
 
Join Date: May 12 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,758
Gallery: 0
Default

If the lugs are same style / length as OEM, why go through all this hassle when you can use OEM TI lugs from Performante.

I have a set of sale if anyone want to purchase.
__________________
Instagram shardul_amg
Lamborghini Fackbook group

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6.
The time now is 08:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© AutoGuide
 

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2