Lamborghini Forum

Lamborghini Forum (https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/index.php)
-   Huracan (https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Aventador or Huracan? (https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=217816)

Jr Mint 10-21-2019 07:40 AM

Aventador or Huracan?
 
Let's see what everyone thinks.

Which car do you think looks better?
Which car do you think sounds better?
Which car would you rather have if price wasn't a concern?

15travelinglambo 10-21-2019 08:32 AM

I would think a more effective pole would be to vote by 4 areas. But Im not sure its possible...
-Sound
-Look
-Drive
-Desire to Own

GallardoM5 10-21-2019 09:32 AM

Basic Huracans 580/610 were never on my list but the Performante is another beast after test driving both HP and A.......it was a tough one for me to decide but at the end the Aventador won in my case

Jr Mint 10-21-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 15travelinglambo (Post 1987130)
I would think a more effective pole would be to vote by 4 areas. But Im not sure its possible...
-Sound
-Look
-Drive
-Desire to Own

Most have never driven one so not sure it’s good to add that.

Blown SRT 10-21-2019 10:22 AM

Sound and looks aren't my only criteria, far from it.

Your pole should have been either split into 4 categories like 15travelinglambo said, or just "which is the more desirable car to own, price being equal". The results will be skewed in this pole...but I figure that since you now own an AV, that's what you're after anyway...so I'm not surprised at all that your pole was structured this way.

Jr Mint 10-21-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blown SRT (Post 1987168)
Sound and looks aren't my only criteria, far from it.

Your pole should have been either split into 4 categories like 15travelinglambo said, or just "which is the more desirable car to own, price being equal". The results will be skewed in this pole...but I figure that since you now own an AV, that's what you're after anyway...so I'm not surprised at all that your pole was structured this way.

I'm one of few that have owned both at the same time for a lengthy period(or both period.) I am also about to buy another Huracan, so I am not being biased at all.

Jr Mint 10-21-2019 10:29 AM

In my first post I have, which would you rather have price not being a concern. This is a very basic poll that simply determines which car the public would opt to have.

You can get more detailed and say, which car would you rather have on a track, but why would anyone choose an HP over an SVJ? That's why I kept it basic and said which car looks better, sounds better, and would you rather own if money is no object.

Toplambo 10-21-2019 10:36 AM

Head = Huracan Perf
Heart = Aventador S / SVJ

Jr Mint 10-21-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toplambo (Post 1987178)
Head = Huracan Perf
Heart = Aventador S / SVJ

But why? Because of the dual clutch?

GallardoM5 10-21-2019 12:54 PM

no one in their right mind will choose a HP over SVJ lol

Blu Bull 10-21-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GallardoM5 (Post 1987198)
no one in their right mind will choose a HP over SVJ lol

If those were only 2 choices I would take SVJ because it has real carbon fiber. But for me it was 610 and add carbon fiber. Since it's the interior cold forged I dislike and find the exterior ok maybe I could buy an HP and replace all the interior? Was on a ride yesterday that had a few Aventadors, they do look and sound great but just to big for my taste

Jr Mint 10-21-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blu Bull (Post 1987214)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GallardoM5 (Post 1987198)
no one in their right mind will choose a HP over SVJ lol

If those were only 2 choices I would take SVJ because it has real carbon fiber. But for me it was 610 and add carbon fiber. Since it's the interior cold forged I dislike and find the exterior ok maybe I could buy an HP and replace all the interior? Was on a ride yesterday that had a few Aventadors, they do look and sound great but just to big for my taste

That’s something I can’t disagree with, the car is definitely bigger.

RoyalPink 10-21-2019 07:36 PM

I will say this. Aventador is King. For sheer drama, wow factor and presence. Nothing and I mean nothing beats an Aventador. Pull up in any Mac, Ferrari, Pagani or whatever you want. But when you see this car. Those others just don't attract the same level of attention.

fabo 10-21-2019 09:29 PM

The poll should have the HP in there as well...

Jr Mint 10-21-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabo (Post 1987326)
The poll should have the HP in there as well...

I did not add it because then I would need to add the SVJ. That's why I kept it Huracan platform, which could mean any of the Huracans, including the HP, or the Aventador Platform, which could mean any, including the SV, SVJ, Roadster, etc.

octechnologist 10-21-2019 11:29 PM

Aventador, Aventador, Aventador

Gallardo is currently the only Lamborghini within my means... but man would I love to have that car.

Eamon 10-22-2019 02:16 AM

I've only driven the 610-4, the Evo and the SVJ.

For me, choosing between all model variants of Aventador and Huracan:
Looks go to the Aventador S
Sound goes to the Aventador S
Desire to own? 100% Evo (does the fact that I own one make me biased?)

I live in the heart of the city and I drive my Lambo nearly every day. The SVJ is just too big (and insane) for me to live comfortably with, doing the driving that I do. I would choose the Evo for the drive-ability and the dual-clutch. It still sounds fantastic (better than every other car other than the Aventador S imho, including the SVJ!), and it still looks better than every other marque out there.

If I lived a different life, and had a car only for the track, I'd choose the SVJ.

If I lived a different life, and had a car only for weekend jaunts in the country, I'd choose the S.

For daily driving, I'd choose the Evo every time.

my 2 cents :)

2008SuperG 10-22-2019 04:42 AM

-Sound: Hands down the V12; EVO does sound nice but not a V12
-Look: AV by a mile, still best looking car out there
-Drive: mixed, see my AV more of a grand touring car than a race car. Its bigger and at time feels that way, if on a track may want the HP, but for a weekend ride take the AV
-Desire to Own: Hands down a AV, dream car for years, and finally got one. Amazing and always a hit at car shows, etc.

Kratos 10-22-2019 08:42 AM

I'm all about the "driving" aspect of a car. But when I pay 300K+ for an "exotic" and I want it to feel like an "exotic". This is where I think the AV shines at.

Jr Mint 10-22-2019 08:43 AM

I used to think driving the AV around town wasn’t an easy task, and because of that I actually just took the Huracan around. Then I started driving it more, and realized I was wrong. Perhaps others that say harder to daily drive are only saying that because they’ve never really done it.

GallardoM5 10-22-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr Mint (Post 1987400)
I used to think driving the AV around town wasn’t an easy task, and because of that I actually just took the Huracan around. Then I started driving it more, and realized I was wrong. Perhaps others that say harder to daily drive are only saying that because they’ve never really done it.

AV is very easy to drive on the street so much so as my Gallardo.......the Murci is probably the worst driving street car (big blind spots)

Eamon 10-22-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr Mint (Post 1987400)
I used to think driving the AV around town wasn’t an easy task, and because of that I actually just took the Huracan around. Then I started driving it more, and realized I was wrong. Perhaps others that say harder to daily drive are only saying that because they’ve never really done it.



Fair comment. I haven’t tried it, though it feels pretty daunting. One day...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ULTIMATEPD 10-22-2019 02:52 PM

Aventador has more curb appeal than a Huracan

Sakura 10-23-2019 02:50 AM

For looking like a poser....alias looking cool for spending $500k..AV hands down.

For looking like a poser...alias looking cool for spending $300k...H hands down.

For sound, are you serious? Nothing beats V12.

For track, good luck in controlling that wiggling AV brick. H hands down.

For maintenance cost & insurance, H hands down.

Limitless money & time? Being an expert in defensive driving & having a pro racing license are way cooler and earned you more respect than driving any supercars.

Kratos 10-23-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakura (Post 1987594)
For looking like a poser....alias looking cool for spending $500k..AV hands down.

For looking like a poser...alias looking cool for spending $300k...H hands down.

For sound, are you serious? Nothing beats V12.

For track, good luck in controlling that wiggling AV brick. H hands down.

For maintenance cost & insurance, H hands down.

Limitless money & time? Being an expert in defensive driving & having a pro racing license are way cooler and earned you more respect than driving any supercars.

Something about this post doesn't sit right with me. It kinda just seems like a jab at buying expensive cars and that you're just a "poser" no matter which one you buy.

pdisme 10-23-2019 10:10 AM

I know not exactly the same, but I've got a Murci and a Gallardo Spyder. I've also driven both the H Performante and the A on the track a few times, along with my Gallardo (melted the stock brake pads / rotors before swapping for Girodisc + Pagid track pads). If you plan to track at all, or want your car to behave much more like a car that really enjoys deviating from a straight line, I think the H will likely bring you more joy. If you prefer more of a Lamborghini experience, the A will get dramatically more attention, all the time, everywhere you go, especially when you get where you're going and the doors go up. However, the A it is not a track car; compared to the performante, it feels like tossing a bath tub through the corners if you try to get aggressive.

At times I consider selling mine to buy something new, but it gets complicated because my Gallardo is a convertible and I live in Florida with year-round top down days. I absolutely love the sound of the G with the top down and my exhaust + cat delete. I also love how it handles compared to the Murci. However, the Murci gets so much attention, and sometimes that's fun. I end up driving them about equally.

If I had to have just one, and cost were not a concern, I'd probably ever so slightly lean towards the Aventador, but man that's a high price to upgrade to the full experience. If I had money left over to keep going to the track in a track car, even better. However, if I had a pool of money that would allow 'only' a Huracan and a track car + race support expenses, I'd go that route because I'm an adrenaline junky and I'd find track time more important than having doors that go up.

DXM31 10-23-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakura (Post 1987594)
...
Limitless money & time? Being an expert in defensive driving & having a pro racing license are way cooler and earned you more respect than driving any supercars.

Had a pro racing license and racing is a good way to spend lots of money, could have easily bought an SVJ. I remember talking with one of my crew guys when a guy shows up a the track in a Ferrari and I said "maybe I should stop racing and buy one of those" the crew guy said "anybody and buy one of those, not everybody is going to do this" pointing to the racecar. I think racing is only cool to other people who have done it. Most people have no idea what it's like. And no, autocross and track days are not the same thing.

Jr Mint 10-23-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakura (Post 1987594)
For looking like a poser....alias looking cool for spending $500k..AV hands down.

For looking like a poser...alias looking cool for spending $300k...H hands down.

For sound, are you serious? Nothing beats V12.

For track, good luck in controlling that wiggling AV brick. H hands down.

For maintenance cost & insurance, H hands down.

Limitless money & time? Being an expert in defensive driving & having a pro racing license are way cooler and earned you more respect than driving any supercars.

What a stupid post. So owning an exotic car makes someone a poser? Got it, thanks for the advice.

For track, good luck with the AV? Um...last I checked, the AV SVJ has the record over the HP.....

For maintenance cost and insurance, how would you know? My maintenance on the AV has been low. Cost of an oil change is not much higher, brake flush was the same price, my insurance is $500 more per year. Hard facts.

fabo 10-23-2019 06:03 PM

The thing that beats the H all day is the Av doors...I want the " Lambo" doors on my HP...its a shame it was not an option...even if it was expensive I would of ticked the box

So many friends and family that don''t know much about cars seem a little disappointed when they realize the doors open like normal cars lol

I agree with you Jr Mint..the AV is iconic and will always be the King of the road

Sakura 10-23-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr Mint (Post 1987714)
What a stupid post. So owning an exotic car makes someone a poser? Got it, thanks for the advice.

For track, good luck with the AV? Um...last I checked, the AV SVJ has the record over the HP.....

For maintenance cost and insurance, how would you know? My maintenance on the AV has been low. Cost of an oil change is not much higher, brake flush was the same price, my insurance is $500 more per year. Hard facts.

Dude, owning an AV then put a poll on which car is "better" on a Huracan thread do look like a poser IMO ;) Relying on majority opinion for a 'cool factor' to justify a purchase is another trait of a poser. Just drive these cars hard on track to see them for yourself. Problems solved.

If you can duplicate that SVJ time on track, please feel free to post your video on youtube. It's all marketing lies achievable only by certain pro driver on death wish.

Maybe you have top notch perfect credit rating but it's a fact that V12 cost more to insure than V10. Also, you must not have considered that maintenance cost involves the cost of parts. Just query the cost of the replacement parts from your local dealership.

Sakura 10-23-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratos (Post 1987634)
Something about this post doesn't sit right with me. It kinda just seems like a jab at buying expensive cars and that you're just a "poser" no matter which one you buy.

FYI, that post was directed to OP.

Jr Mint 10-23-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakura (Post 1987780)
Dude, owning an AV then put a poll on which car is "better" on a Huracan thread do look like a poser IMO ;) Relying on majority opinion for a 'cool factor' to justify a purchase is another trait of a poser. Just drive these cars hard on track to see them for yourself. Problems solved.

If you can duplicate that SVJ time on track, please feel free to post your video on youtube. It's all marketing lies achievable only by certain pro driver on death wish.

Maybe you have top notch perfect credit rating but it's a fact that V12 cost more to insure than V10. Also, you must not have considered that maintenance cost involves the cost of parts. Just query the cost of the replacement parts from your local dealership.

You must not know what the definition of a poser is. S I don't need a majority opinion as I already own the AV and have for some time, as well as owned a Huracan for a long while, and a number of other supercars.

Your theory about the SVJ time and pro driver only is comical. Same thing applies to the HP. Everyone always talks about track times but couldn't even come close to driving the car to it's potential. I myself have been racing cars for more than 15 years, and I'm sure I could out drive most HP owners with a Gallardo.

So you understand better because you don't seem to know how to read, this poll was made simply because I disagreed with other forum members that the Huracan was King over the AV. Maybe one day you'll have the pleasure of owning one.

Jr Mint 10-23-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakura (Post 1987782)
FYI, that post was directed to OP.

Your ignorant posts are insulting to multiple members. If you don't like it, don't post, or go to on another forum. :wave:

Sakura 10-23-2019 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr Mint (Post 1987792)
You must not know what the definition of a poser is. S I don't need a majority opinion as I already own the AV and have for some time, as well as owned a Huracan for a long while, and a number of other supercars.

Your theory about the SVJ time and pro driver only is comical. Same thing applies to the HP. Everyone always talks about track times but couldn't even come close to driving the car to it's potential. I myself have been racing cars for more than 15 years, and I'm sure I could out drive most HP owners with a Gallardo.

So you understand better because you don't seem to know how to read, this poll was made simply because I disagreed with other forum members that the Huracan was King over the AV. Maybe one day you'll have the pleasure of owning one.

So you owned a Huracan, upgraded to AV, then when someone disagreed with you, you post a poll to see which car is better or "cooler" to justify your purchase? If this does not sound like a poser, I don't know what else.

Poser is being someone that is not. The reason you upgraded to AV is because you want to be "better" than everyone else, when you are not. See that "maybe you'll have the pleasure of owning one" statement. That is a definition of a poser.

Sakura 10-23-2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr Mint (Post 1987794)
Your ignorant posts are insulting to multiple members. If you don't like it, don't post, or go to on another forum. :wave:

Your ignorant poll is insulting to multiple members. If you don't like it, don't post, or go to another forum :wave:

Jr Mint 10-23-2019 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakura (Post 1987806)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr Mint (Post 1987792)
You must not know what the definition of a poser is. S I don't need a majority opinion as I already own the AV and have for some time, as well as owned a Huracan for a long while, and a number of other supercars.

Your theory about the SVJ time and pro driver only is comical. Same thing applies to the HP. Everyone always talks about track times but couldn't even come close to driving the car to it's potential. I myself have been racing cars for more than 15 years, and I'm sure I could out drive most HP owners with a Gallardo.

So you understand better because you don't seem to know how to read, this poll was made simply because I disagreed with other forum members that the Huracan was King over the AV. Maybe one day you'll have the pleasure of owning one.

So you owned a Huracan, upgraded to AV, then when someone disagreed with you, you post a poll to see which car is better or "cooler" to justify your purchase? If this does not sound like a poser, I don't know what else.

Poser is being someone that is not. The reason you upgraded to AV is because you want to be "better" than everyone else, when you are not. See that "maybe you'll have the pleasure of owning one" statement. That is a definition of a poser.

Actually I did not upgrade to anything. I owned Gallardo, Huracan, and Aventador all at the same time. I simply sold some cars because I live in the carribean where I couldn’t bring them all.

Considering I used to build race cars for a living, have been racing for a long time and have had many of these beautiful cars, your presumption is inaccurate. Better luck next time internet troll!!!!

Jr Mint 10-23-2019 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakura (Post 1987808)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr Mint (Post 1987794)
Your ignorant posts are insulting to multiple members. If you don't like it, don't post, or go to on another forum. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/animated/wave.gif[/IMG]

Your ignorant poll is insulting to multiple members. If you don't like it, don't post, or go to another forum [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/animated/wave.gif[/IMG]

You should go post in the dreamers section.

pdisme 10-23-2019 11:50 PM

So you're here to criticize other Lambo owners as posers if they didn't have a track day first? wtf.

If you equate ownership qualification with track time, then you sound like a typical Ferrari owner. I got into my first HPDE after being made fun of by a Ferrari owner who had an issue with Lamborghini owners who hadn't driven on the track. So yeah, sounds exactly how I'd expect.


Replacement part costs are meaningless unless you're talking about ownership across a decade or more, which most people don't do. I've had my G for 13 years and my Murci for ten, and the G has been much more expensive. If the Murci hadn't had a massive alarm failure and me not having the secret pass code from the former owners, it would have next to no unusual expenses.

Jr Mint 10-23-2019 11:52 PM

When did anyone bring up who is better than who? You can buy an AV for less than 200k. Most Huracans cost more. This is not about being better than anyone else. You must’ve been picked on as a child(and adult for that matter.) it’s ok, were here for you.

JesseRohr 10-24-2019 02:17 PM

Huracan for me too.


All times are GMT -6.
The time now is 12:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© AutoGuide


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2