Audio upgrade question - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2018, 09:14 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Audio upgrade question

I'm bringing the HP in tomorrow for an audio upgrade. I have the base system in there now.

Lambo uses very heavy compression at high volumes, to avoid distortion and breakup I assume - and it's very noticeable, so I'm wondering if it's a function of the amp or the infotainment preamp or, are the speakers self-powered with an amp piggybacked on them?

We're changing the speakers, adding a multi-channel amp and will add the two drivers to the rear in the OEM cavities.

I want to make sure the compression issue doesn't follow the upgrade. I know there are many ways around that, but was curious if anyone has done an upgrade and if so, how you got around the compression issue.
2016 911 TTS
2005 FGT White/ blue
2005 FGT Yellow/ black
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2018, 09:43 AM

Just keep it simple and you will have no issues. I would use a Jl Audio Fix86 to integrate to the oem system. A lot of people love to sell you on these expensive DSP units and what not. Everyone of those damn things always gives noise in the system. I always tell people to keep it simple.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-22-2018, 03:55 PM

It's an Audiotech Fisher Match UP 7BMW with a modified harness to fit a Huracan.

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ifiers/up-7bmw

We're installing (all Hertz Audio) 1 1/8" tweeters up front, 8" drivers in the doors, and 5 1/4" drivers in the rear. Everything goes in the OEM cavities behind the OEM grills. The amp fits under the cluster, out of sight.

The Match is fully a configurable DSP amp, done through a Windows Laptop. I've had these amps before and the work beautifully.

The system is built and designed specifically for an OEM upgrade path using the stock infotainment system.
2016 911 TTS
2005 FGT White/ blue
2005 FGT Yellow/ black

Old 04-23-2018, 08:38 AM

I'm curious to see how things turn out with your upgrade. Please post your impressions after you're done, and if you're willing to, let us know roughly how much it ends up costing.

I'd also like to know if the final result loses or gains any functionality through the OEM user interface. For example, the iPhone music interface on my '16 H is "okay", but not great (for some reason, before I can access music on the phone that's plugged into the 30 pin connector, I have to manually start the Music app on the phone).
Old 04-25-2018, 02:59 AM

Please let me know how the upgrade goes as well and the cost as I'm looking to do the same to my H b/c the standard system is garbage.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whmcincy View Post
I'm curious to see how things turn out with your upgrade. Please post your impressions after you're done, and if you're willing to, let us know roughly how much it ends up costing.

I'd also like to know if the final result loses or gains any functionality through the OEM user interface. For example, the iPhone music interface on my '16 H is "okay", but not great (for some reason, before I can access music on the phone that's plugged into the 30 pin connector, I have to manually start the Music app on the phone).
It won't change the media player functionality, because it's Bluetooth connected to my Android phone, which does not require me to start the media player on the phone each time. I don't use the 30-pin connector, as it only actually works with IPhone. I expect it will make a dramatic difference in the sound however!
2016 911 TTS
2005 FGT White/ blue
2005 FGT Yellow/ black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in