580 Huracan vs Mclaren 570s Pros and Cons - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2019, 09:38 AM

Gallery: 0
Default 580 Huracan vs Mclaren 570s Pros and Cons

Hi guys, so I currently have a Mclaren 570s and love it. Super light on its feet, silly fast, doors go up, great interior quality, and after 10 months of ownership, reliable. After selling my first gen gallardo a while back, I really missed owning a Lambo. So recently I have been looking at 580 Huracan's, not as a replacement to the 570, but as another toy along side it. For those on here who have owned or had extensive time in both a Mclaren 570 and 580 Huracan, what did you like about each car? Are they very similar to each other in terms of speed and handling? What about the build quality of each brand compared to each other? Some pros that I can think of the huracan has over the 570 right off the bat are V10, Audi engineering/reliability, more aggressive styling. Some pros the 570 I think has over the huracan are lighter car, lots more carbon in and around the car including the carbon tub, faster (from the youtube videos I've seen), doors go up, and has an F1 race car feel to it. So give me your opinions guys and tell me if I'm right or wrong! I know this is a Lambo forum but im sure there is quite a lot of people that have experience in both so please give me your input if they are too similar and I should get something else! Thank you.
2018 Raptor Supercrew
1965 Factory Five Cobra
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2019, 09:45 AM

I've had a 570GT, 570S Track Pack, and now a 580-2. My McLaren experiences were terrible from a reliability standpoint and you can read all about them over on McLaren Life under my same user name.

I'll say that hands down the 570 cars "feel" faster as far as the sensation of speed when behind the wheel. The 570S was one of the most fun vehicles I have ever driven before the H. I loved the look of it as well but the build quality was simply trash on my cars. And of course...the doors are awesome. The tech, camera, etc...all sucked. I also got stranded multiple times in both 570 cars.

The Huracan, in contrast, is one of the best built vehicles I've ever owned. It looks great, sounds great, it IS fast and it's the type of fast you can trust! I always thought my McLaren cars felt fragile and would never dream of pushing them like I do my Lambo.

The 580, given the RWD experience I love, is the best supercar I've owned. It is only second in fun-factor after my 991 GT3 cars.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-04-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseRohr View Post
I've had a 570GT, 570S Track Pack, and now a 580-2. My McLaren experiences were terrible from a reliability standpoint and you can read all about them over on McLaren Life under my same user name.

I'll say that hands down the 570 cars "feel" faster as far as the sensation of speed when behind the wheel. The 570S was one of the most fun vehicles I have ever driven before the H. I loved the look of it as well but the build quality was simply trash on my cars. And of course...the doors are awesome. The tech, camera, etc...all sucked. I also got stranded multiple times in both 570 cars.

The Huracan, in contrast, is one of the best built vehicles I've ever owned. It looks great, sounds great, it IS fast and it's the type of fast you can trust! I always thought my McLaren cars felt fragile and would never dream of pushing them like I do my Lambo.

The 580, given the RWD experience I love, is the best supercar I've owned. It is only second in fun-factor after my 991 GT3 cars.
Thats a bummer that you had problems with your 570s! Mind sharing what problems you had? You have me worried now about mine now! haha. I drive the wheels off mine and its holding up great so maybe you just had a lemon. How do the transmissions compare to each other? Obviously both double clutches, but can you tell much of a difference between the two? The build quality on the huracan you said felt better. In what ways did it feel better?
2018 Raptor Supercrew
1965 Factory Five Cobra

Old 09-04-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06viper View Post
Thats a bummer that you had problems with your 570s! Mind sharing what problems you had? You have me worried now about mine now! haha. I drive the wheels off mine and its holding up great so maybe you just had a lemon. How do the transmissions compare to each other? Obviously both double clutches, but can you tell much of a difference between the two? The build quality on the huracan you said felt better. In what ways did it feel better?
Well I had two lemons...the first of which was bought back. Both of which were 2017 model years. I know there have been some tech improvements after 2018 cars came into the market that were from the 720S cars.

Without getting too involved my first one had absolutely terrible body panel problems (1/4 window trim kept popping out and scaring the paint) along with a host of electronic gremlins like showing the hatch was open when it wasn't. They purchased it back about 60 days after original purchase.

The second car (570S) had MUCH better paint and body panel fitment likely because it was a track pack car with tons of MSO options, however, it still had several electronic gremlins related to the BCM. The BCM (Body Control Module) essentially is the brain of the car that talks to most of the other components on those cars and mine kept losing programing. When it loses its programming nothing works, including your keys! So after being stranded several times, having Motorcars of Atlanta tow it back and forth from Atlanta several times, having the dash taken out TWICE and all the frustration of being without a car and the lack luster customer service from McLaren North America I finally just traded it off...at a huge loss.

While I can sit here and tell you how horrible the McLaren experience was for me, I have friends who love them. The brand just isn't for me.

Contrasting experience has been with Lamborghini. They have gone above and beyond for me so far with my 580 which I had a slight hiccup that was caused by dealer transport.

Pound for pound, the Lamborghini experience is exponentially better.

*please forgive typos from my iPhone
Old 09-04-2019, 02:17 PM

Get a 640 Perf.

On a whole different level to the 570S.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toplambo View Post
Get a 640 Perf.

On a whole different level to the 570S.
And $100k more.

Would compare to the 600LT.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:17 PM

I spent quite a bit of time in the 570S and 570GT but chose the Huracan 580-2. Two years in and no regrets at all. The sound and feel of the V10 even at low speed is amazing. The fit and finish are superb. Interior looks and feels like a supercar. Love the way it handles yet feels a bit raw. The steering is just right for this car.

The Mclaren interior was a bit bland for my taste. When driving the 570 I felt the front was a bit too light. Under hard acceleration the rear wheels felt like they wanted to be in front! Love the exterior look of the car and doors (of course) but the Lamborghini is on another level.

Go on a test drive. Ask your dealer to let you borrow one for the day.

IMHO I wouldn't keep the 570 along with a Huracan unless you're tracking it. I would pair: 570S with the Aventador or Huracan with the 720S (if money and space allowed).

Cheers
Old 09-05-2019, 12:37 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Get the 580, all you need to do is put on race exhaust and flash the ECU.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Old 09-09-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAT View Post
And $100k more.

Would compare to the 600LT.
Then, be patient, and save more cash for a few months, or get a bigger loan or balloon.

The 640 is on a whole different level and worth the extra dollar
Old 09-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Supporting Vendor

Huracan hands down.
Stay tuned! Real carbon fiber remote keys, real carbon dash, real carbon paddle shifters, console pieces, real carbon SL wings, side skirts, engine panels, silicone intakes hoses, billet rocker switches for center of dash, LOC/Fabspeed exhausts, and OEM Lambo parts (Lambo tax kinda still applies for these)

Call or text 717-319-2100 24/7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Huracan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in