DIY Lamborghini Gallardo clutch Kevlar kit by Hi Tech Exotic is Outstanding - Page 20 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Vendors > Hi Tech Exotic

Hi Tech Exotic Hi Tech Exotic

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 04:13 PM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry @ ECT View Post
Kudos Sean for laying it out. I wanted to post the same basic info but didn't want to get in on you guys thread and arguing. Anyways, well said!

This is even more of a problem specifically on the 04-05 MY Gallardo's as the gearing is especially tall in 1st gear (and 2nd) compared to the revision for the 2006 model year. The additional load to get the car into motion with the tall 1st gear with that style clutch seems to only feed the problem.
Yes that is also true of my ex car. I had the stage 2 of the Kevlar clutch and it would cause my SL to stall at times.

Dec 2009 LP550-2 Blue caelum Balboni. Reiter Engineering Super Trofeo Strada full carbon body kit. Superleggera seats. Endless GT big brake race kit. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Hoosier for the track.
June 2010 Golf R 3 door Rising Blue.
Dec 2008 Cayenne Turbo S.

Quote:
I know the Gallardo does it's best work in front of the local Starbucks, but it handles the track OK too.
http://smfracing.blogspot.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 04:59 AM
Supporting Vendor
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harold996tt View Post
Yes that is also true of my ex car. I had the stage 2 of the Kevlar clutch and it would cause my SL to stall at times.
That is correct. The more agressive a clutch is, the more stalling issue you would have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sean
Hi Tech Exotic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Specializing in Kevlar clutches for
Lamborghini and Ferrari for over 20 years

1-888-456-0437

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:14 AM

Default can you send me a quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Tech Exotic View Post
I sent you a PM.Thanks
I will buy a 07 gallardo spyder e gear soon, it just have 30% left for the clutch.
I would like to know after your kelver clutch installed, does computer know the percentage left as stock one?
also, is it the only thing i need to replace when my stock clutch gone? any other parts i need to replace?
is the kelvar clutch just "plug and play", any modification need?
thank you

Old 04-26-2012, 07:28 AM

Gallery: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbee View Post
I will buy a 07 gallardo spyder e gear soon, it just have 30% left for the clutch.
I would like to know after your kelver clutch installed, does computer know the percentage left as stock one?
also, is it the only thing i need to replace when my stock clutch gone? any other parts i need to replace?
thank you
With any egear the car has to be told there is a new clutch so it knows the distance of clutch travel for engagement has changed. A dealer can do this in 10 minutes, no problem.

It's all you need to replace, though some would suggest replacing the throw out bearing while you have the gearbox off the car. If it fails it's a lot of labour to get to it otherwise.

Can't go wrong with the hi tech

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Now working on The Roads Project. Will be running amazing driving roads with reviews in flat out full HD glory. Launch late 2013.

gt-lux.com site/email no longer running.

Quote:
When I watch Game of Thrones, I keep expecting to see Gvan rip through the back of a scene in his Lambo. All your pics and vids have peasants from Winterfell waving at you and ****. I never even see other cars. You drive in a mythical land.

Me, I got Houston.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Tech Exotic View Post
That is correct. The more agressive a clutch is, the more stalling issue you would have.
Can you pm me the price of the brand new Kevlar clutch for 07 gallardo Spyder egear and the shipping cost? And the bearing as well?

Thank you
Old 04-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Supporting Vendor
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbee View Post
thank you
You don't need to make any modification in order to install our Kevlar clutch.
Our Kevlar clutch is a direct bolt on. If you have an E-gear, you need to use the Lamborghini LARA computer. You need to adjust the PIS and reset the clutch wear indicator. The LARA system will recognize the Kevlar clutch and will show how much clutch is left.

Thanks

Sean
Hi Tech Exotic

1-888-456-0437

Old 05-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Supporting Vendor

Send a message via AIM to AMHParts Send a message via Yahoo to AMHParts

Just FYI, I have been selling Hi-Tech's clutch for over 15 years now. I have never had an issue with performance and I get a very good deal on them if you are looking to purchase one.

"Rated Best Clutches in the Business by Top Service Shops"

Glen Huffman Owner - AMH Exotic Parts & Exotic Clutch Technologies

(614) 216-5767

Old 05-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Supporting Vendor
Silver Site Supporter

It has been great to work with Glen at AMH. Glen has been our distributor for over 15 years. Lamborghini Ohio used to sell and install our Kevlar clutch when Glen was working at the dealership. Glen has sold over two hundred of our clutches over the years so he is very familiar with our clutch.

If you're interested in purchasing our Kevlar clutch, you can contact him or us.

Sean
Hi Tech Exotic

1-888-456-0437

Old 08-19-2012, 01:44 AM

Default Happy Customer

I bought a Kevlar clutch off Sean about 18 mths ago when I felt the first sign of the old one dieing. It was installed about 12 months ago and since then I've done about 10,000 kms. Im really happy, it's just as Sean said it would be, firm but not jumpy or shuddery. I had it checked about 3 months ago and was told it showed next no wear. Since it doesn't look like I'll need a new one for a very long time I though I'd post here and help him sell one to someone else.
Highly recommended.
Jon
Old 08-19-2012, 11:59 AM

Sean,

How does your Kevlar clutch compare against a stock LP560 clutch as far as durability? I know the 560 clutch is much improved over the previous models so when it comes time to replace my 560's clutch, I was just wondering if there is any advantage of going to a Kevlar versus going back to OEM.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Vendors > Hi Tech Exotic

Tags
6 speed, aftermarket, audi r8 clutch, aventador, clutch, countach, diablo, diablo clutch, e-gear, gallardo clutch, hi performance, installation, kevlar clutch, lambo gallardo clutch, lamborghini clutch, lp560, lp570, lp670, murcielago clutch, r8 clutch, replacement, twin turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in