Tire speed ratings for > 186 mph cars - Lamborghini Forum
 
  homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Wheels and Tires

Wheels and Tires A Place to discuss wheel and tire upgrades and options.
Sponsored by:

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2019, 09:33 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 16 2019
Posts: 1
Gallery: 0
Default Tire speed ratings for > 186 mph cars

Hi lambo owners. I was reading a post in a different subforum here:

"02-07-2019, 08:50 AM
Toplambo Toplambo is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jul 23 2016
Posts: 1,630
Gallery: 0
Default
Did 202mph indicated on the speedo in a stock LP570-4 on a 4-mile straight runway in England a couple summers ago.

Felt very stable up to 180mph, and then a bit shaky up to 202mph, probably due to nearing or exceeding the tyre speed-ratings."

and I was thinking to myself, he needs to use the word probably because it isn't easy to really know --- the speed rating system only goes up to 186 mph. Or is there another system used that I don't know about? Do you have to ask the tire manufacturer? I realize that in real life 90% of people just enter their year make and model, buy from what's offered, and don't go past 80 mph. But, what about the rest of you, the 10%, who perhaps have access to a race track? What's the secret method of knowing if your tires are safe?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Wheels and Tires

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6.
The time now is 08:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© AutoGuide
 

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2