Gallardo drivers with 20" wheels or LOC Rev5 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Wheels and Tires

Wheels and Tires A Place to discuss wheel and tire upgrades and options.
Sponsored by:

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2016, 09:21 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Gallardo drivers with 20" wheels or LOC Rev5

Gents, been on reading this forum for a long time and recently joined the owner's club . Wondering if those drivers out there with 20" wheels could share their experience? More prone to getting dents, harsher ride, fender rubbing?

I'm driving an 06 Spyder (gated), and was thinking of going to 20" wheels all around. Not that the 19s don't look big enough, just thought that if I'm replacing the callistos, made sense to think about sizing up.

Also, read lots of posts on the awesomeness of the LOC Rev5 exhaust, would love to hear folks' thoughts on the low end torque. I tried disconnecting the exhaust vacuum hose and it was very noticeably worse off the line. Anyone post a before/after dyno with the LOC? I couldn't find it.

Cheers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2017, 10:48 PM

Bump

As much as I've searched and found, sounds like everyone is split on whether 20s sized appropriately causes premature wear to the diff. But I would like to hear folks thoughts on how 20s affected drivability.

And any additional thoughts on non-TT ways to add torque would be great as well.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-13-2017, 03:52 AM

If you're keeping the car at stock ride height, 20's should not present any issues. As far as adding power, you can add a full exhaust and tune, and you should expect to see around 30hp/tq. The only real way to see a big noticeable gain in the power of these cars, is by going forced induction. Supercharger or TT setup.

Also, as for the 20's causing wear on the diff, if you're going with a high quality wheel, as you should be with these cars, a lot of 20's will actually weight LESS than a stock wheel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

480-966-3040 Ext 226

Old 04-12-2017, 05:09 PM

I think I will just leave my 19's in place on my 08, sure don't want to invite problems.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:33 AM

All those G drivers out there on 20s: did the ride get materially harsher? Any regrets? Please chime in
Old 04-24-2017, 12:30 PM

20" would be a great fit and with nitrogen you'll be good.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocfullaflava View Post
Gents, been on reading this forum for a long time and recently joined the owner's club . Wondering if those drivers out there with 20" wheels could share their experience? More prone to getting dents, harsher ride, fender rubbing?

I'm driving an 06 Spyder (gated), and was thinking of going to 20" wheels all around. Not that the 19s don't look big enough, just thought that if I'm replacing the callistos, made sense to think about sizing up.

Also, read lots of posts on the awesomeness of the LOC Rev5 exhaust, would love to hear folks' thoughts on the low end torque. I tried disconnecting the exhaust vacuum hose and it was very noticeably worse off the line. Anyone post a before/after dyno with the LOC? I couldn't find it.

Cheers

A quality wheel and tire package will likely ride better than your factory setup.

-Vin

Current:
2011 BMW M3 ZCP
Balloon White LP560
elite design concepts - edc wheels
Old 05-19-2017, 11:37 AM

Do you have a product code for what you use?
Old 06-08-2017, 07:48 AM

I tried a good set of HRE 20 inch vs the scorpius 19 inch stock.

The ride is definitely harsh, but the worst part for me was the rubbing on any sort of bumpy environment. Also, you cannot track those rims because every aggressive turn you make you hear the drone of your tire rubbing.
2010 White E350 Coupe
2003 Acura CL-S
1990 Custom 300ZXTT
Old 11-24-2017, 07:12 PM

My 08 for sure got slower when valves were disconnected. I put the loc exhaust on and it was even more sluggish. Took it to independent and ran the procedure for the ecm relearn and that seemed to clear it all up. Even with the loc and the tune. I feel like it slowed the car down a touch. But the loc exhaust makes up for it!

Last edited by Gallardo315; 11-24-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Wheels and Tires

Tags
20", exhaust, loc, wheel, wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in