Dark coloured wheels.. but why - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Wheels and Tires

Wheels and Tires A Place to discuss wheel and tire upgrades and options.
Sponsored by:

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2018, 02:22 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Dark coloured wheels.. but why

At 60 I need to ask what it is with dark coloured or black wheels.
May be itís my age but black wheels are like cheap Steeleís to me so what I would like to ask whatís the inspiration for choosing dark or black wheels.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2018, 07:57 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

I had Chrome on my 2008, and black chrome on my 2012. Then I went to solid gloss black on the next 3 just seems to work better with the overall appearance of the car.

I hated black wheels at one time, not any more.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-10-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russk View Post
I had Chrome on my 2008, and black chrome on my 2012. Then I went to solid gloss black on the next 3 just seems to work better with the overall appearance of the car.

I hated black wheels at one time, not any more.
Honest reply thank you. Im just keen to understand

Old 01-11-2018, 06:51 PM

I like it because it looks "racey" compared to chrome or silver wheels. Chrome looks too blingy for me on most cars - reserved for luxury rather than sporty vehicles. Silver isn't bad and usually goes with anything, but on my car I have more dark accents than light, so I think dark wheels look better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kcphoto-0322.jpg (53.1 KB, 63 views)
Old 01-11-2018, 08:07 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anesthetist View Post
I like it because it looks "racey" compared to chrome or silver wheels. Chrome looks too blingy for me on most cars - reserved for luxury rather than sporty vehicles. Silver isn't bad and usually goes with anything, but on my car I have more dark accents than light, so I think dark wheels look better.
I agree, and I finally decided that the chrome really looks dated. Iím from the 60ís and all my rides had chrome wheels.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russk View Post
I agree, and I finally decided that the chrome really looks dated. Iím from the 60ís and all my rides had chrome wheels.
I agree on Chrome its too blingy and haven't really been a Thing in Australia
Old 01-12-2018, 06:30 AM
Administrator
Onyx Site Supporter

I for one can't stand black wheels. No one said wheels have to be chrome, but to make them invisible, I don't get. Wheels are an important accent on a car, and they should been seen!
Old 01-12-2018, 08:02 AM

They are only hard to see in pics. I hate silver wheels on most anything. Chrome only looks good on a vintage car or a Harley.
66 Ford Mustang Coupe - Restomod PROJECT
SOLD: 91 Diablo - 19/19" Work VS - SP Eng Intakes - Fabspeed, 05 Gallardo - 6 speed, Arancio Borealis, Tubi exhaust, SL wing, 560 bumper
Old 01-12-2018, 08:08 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

I do like the Mimas with the silver trim, but they won’t do it on the gloss black.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:18 PM

Chrome? Good lord..Do they even make chrome wheels anymore?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Wheels and Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in