Too Early To Buy? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Dreamers Forum

Dreamers Forum Kids This Is For You!

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2019, 09:28 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Too Early To Buy?

Hey everyone, just figured I'd post and get some opinions. Since I was a kid, the Gallardo has always been my favorite car. It's been a dream to own one, and basically, I'm tired of dreaming. Some things that have happened in my life recently have really had me thinking that tomorrow is not guaranteed, and I want to get into one of these cars. That said, I'm in my very early 20s, and only have worked full-time for about 1 year. I have saved every penny, and cheaped out on everything to save money for a fun car. I recently test drove some M cars, (F80 M3/F10 M5), and while they're awesome, why not just go the full distance. I would be ecstatic with a high mileage Gallardo that doesn't have perfect paint, so long as it's mechanically sound and well cared for. They seem to have plateau'd in there depreciation, and from what I've seen on forums, the cars are pretty hardy outside of the clutches. I'm a software engineer with a secure job (knock on wood), and potentially may be relocating. This means potential for work-from-home, and very cheap living costs. If I make the move and the Gallardo begins to make more sense financially, should I do it? Or keep saving my money?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2019, 03:55 AM

You only live once but be mindful that the initial cost is just payment number 1. These cars can be expensive to maintain and insure. Create a budget, if it fits in, would do it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-02-2019, 07:23 AM

Plan to set aside 10K nest egg for maintenance and clutch. Once you have that, on top of the funds for the car. Go for it. You only live once. Just be smart and have some savings so you never have to stretch.
2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory 1100
2018 Mercedes E300

Old 09-02-2019, 09:15 AM

https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbf...llardo-216840/
Old 09-02-2019, 03:31 PM

That is exactly the type of car I'm looking for. I'm moving soon, but need to wait until then before I start seriously reaching out to people. That's a great example of a good deal in my eyes.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008SuperG View Post
You only live once but be mindful that the initial cost is just payment number 1. These cars can be expensive to maintain and insure. Create a budget, if it fits in, would do it.
Yes absolutely, the clutch and a/c compressors I know are a bit of a hassle and very expensive to deal with. I've been considering other good "starter" exotics, but the gallardo sticks out always

Do you happen to have any experience with the maintenance issues?
Old 09-02-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFA Review Channel View Post
Plan to set aside 10K nest egg for maintenance and clutch. Once you have that, on top of the funds for the car. Go for it. You only live once. Just be smart and have some savings so you never have to stretch.
That is exactly what I plan. I have some savings sectioned off for a fun car and the rest would remain in savings for the car. Ideally, would continue some videography with the car and increase ad revenue using the car to help earn back some money from it. I'm super frugal and I'm always always saving my cash.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:23 PM

I think high mileage Gs are a good buy. Probably wont lose much more to depreciation. They seem to be very durable so go for it as long as you have a large portion of the price saved. As a software engineer I would not worry about job security. Get it and post pics. Lee
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2001 Hummer H1 Wagon (sold)
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX
Old 09-02-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
I think high mileage Gs are a good buy. Probably wont lose much more to depreciation. They seem to be very durable so go for it as long as you have a large portion of the price saved. As a software engineer I would not worry about job security. Get it and post pics. Lee
Thank you for your suggestion Lee, looking forward to joining the crew. It will likely be a bit until that happens but I figured I would ask. I started seriously considering recently, and appreciate everyone's input so far.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
Sidenote, just saw you're out in Aledo? I'm moving to Benbrook most likely temporarily until I officially move back to Philadelphia. Do you ever go to any cars and coffee events?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Dreamers Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in