Long time lurker, first time poster! :) - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Dreamers Forum

Dreamers Forum Kids This Is For You!

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2019, 07:57 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Long time lurker, first time poster! :)

Hey all!

I joined this forum in 2017 and have been lurking through some of the threads on here and thought it's time to introduce myself!

I am from the land down under, Australia and have always had an obsession with Lamborghini. I migrated to AUS with my Dad, Mum and little sister from East Africa and remember the first time laid my eye balls on a Grigio Murcielago, crossing an intersection in Sydney CBD. For a good few seconds, my eyes were locked, heart beat rose, hands became clammy and I was completely speechless. The only thing I could utter was ‘Wow.’ That was the defining moment where I knew I wanted a Lamborghini.

I'd call myself a self-confessed car geek and have owned a hand full of vehicles since getting my licence at 17 but nothing in the prestige or exotic area of automotive. I'm now 25 and have had the privilege of owing a few Subaru’s and currently have a 13’ Jeep Wrangler CRD Turbo Diesel. Since I can remember, supercars have always left me in awe because of their performance, technology, ability to push what we know as ‘normal’ and at the same time, evoke overwhelming feelings of joy and excitement to people that experience them. I haven't met a single supercar owner who doesn't love seeing the joy that their car brings to others around them!

So naturally, I logged into this forum and became a member! What I love about this group is just the wealth of knowledge members here have! I love reading through the threads regarding the mighty Aventador and its many quirks and features or about the ferocious and illusive gated LP640 which in my books is one of the most remarkable pieces from Lamborghini.

Now, in regards to what I do... I work in the corporate sector and currently have a pinkie finger in property. What I learnt from an early age is if you want something, there's no substitute for hard work and determination. I am in the process of selling the Jeep which happens to be a dream car of mine to prioritise a few financial commitments. My work is in the IT space and launched a activewear clothing brand in Feb 19 with a goal of breaking 5 figures by the end of 2019. To achieve that, it will and has taken a lot of investment and there is much more work to do! I'm excited about the journey ahead and hope to create something that my fiancé (getting married in Oct) and I can share with others.

In a nutshell, my goal within this forum is to become a member that provides value through sharing info about things that I've learnt through Lamborghini (one day) ownership, forge long term friendships, learn, engage in Lamborghini related topics and really just do life with like-minded people!

Just incase you were wondering.. My choice of weapon is a Lamborghini Aventador SV in Grigio Titans but it’ll be a long journey till it’s in my possession!

Feel free to shoot me a message if you want to say hi!

Cheers,
Koomz_m

Last edited by Koomz_m; 08-15-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 08:16 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Welcome Koomz!
Aventador is a great choice, it’s the top of the food chain.
I just bought a Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid and absolutely love it. Drive it daily and the Huracan on weekends.
Cheers Russ

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-15-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russk View Post
Welcome Koomz!
Aventador is a great choice, it’s the top of the food chain.
I just bought a Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid and absolutely love it. Drive it daily and the Huracan on weekends.
Cheers Russ
Thank you for the warm welcome, Russ!

The Aventador is really one of a kind! There's a few machines out there that can make full grown men giggle like school girls. The Aventador happens to be one of them!

The Crosstek is a great little hatch! The US market were fortunate enough to get the hybrid but us Aussies were allocated just the petrol. Brilliant choice as a daily!

Back in June I decided to swallow my pride and asked my little sister if I can by her 2008 Impreza RS hatch as she had moved to Sydney and just wasn't using it. It's honestly been one of the best cars to move around town in!

By the way, I absolutely love your Blu Cepheus Huracan Spyder!

Cheers,
Koomz_m

Old 08-15-2019, 09:02 PM

Welcome (officially) to the forum Koomz. Having goals and working towards them is a great motivator. Once you are ready to buy one of these awesome cars, take your time and find the one that talks to you! It is such a wonderful experience. Best of luck to you!!
'94 Viper RT/10 (sold)
Old 08-15-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCViper View Post
Welcome (officially) to the forum Koomz. Having goals and working towards them is a great motivator. Once you are ready to buy one of these awesome cars, take your time and find the one that talks to you! It is such a wonderful experience. Best of luck to you!!
Thank you so much, KCViper!

Absolutely. It's a journey and I'm excited to see how things go moving forwards!

Cheers,
Koomz_m
Old 08-17-2019, 07:26 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Good luck and welcome. Goal setting is the foundation of success. Set realistic goals, put a timetable on them, enjoy rewards. Lee
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2001 Hummer H1 Wagon (sold)
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX
Old 08-22-2019, 05:11 PM

Gallery: 6

I like your story about seeing a Lamborghini for the first time.

When I was a kid, my dad got a huge pile of my grandpa's old Road and Track magazines. I used to browse them and fell in love with the Countach after seeing pictures and performance statistics.

One day, at 15 years old, I was riding in the car with my dad and he blurted out I needed to look at the car next to us. A red Countach had pulled up beside us. My dad slowed down to let him glide by and then followed him for a short while. I was in awe. The car looked even more incredible in person than I could have imagined. I was already a fan, but I will always remember when I saw one in person for the first time. (I even remember the exact patch of road where it happened.)
Old 08-22-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
Good luck and welcome. Goal setting is the foundation of success. Set realistic goals, put a timetable on them, enjoy rewards. Lee
Hi Lee,

Thank you so much! I complete agree. We all have dreams but until we set goals and lay them out clearly, they'll just remain as dreams

Cheers
Old 08-22-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlgren View Post
I like your story about seeing a Lamborghini for the first time.

When I was a kid, my dad got a huge pile of my grandpa's old Road and Track magazines. I used to browse them and fell in love with the Countach after seeing pictures and performance statistics.

One day, at 15 years old, I was riding in the car with my dad and he blurted out I needed to look at the car next to us. A red Countach had pulled up beside us. My dad slowed down to let him glide by and then followed him for a short while. I was in awe. The car looked even more incredible in person than I could have imagined. I was already a fan, but I will always remember when I saw one in person for the first time. (I even remember the exact patch of road where it happened.)
I like your story too! That would've been incredible to see the Countach with your own eye balls!!

That particular model has always been like a mythical creature. Similar to the Centenario or the Veneno. A tiny population have seen them and the smallest fraction have the opportunity to own them.

There's a bloke on youtube called 'Ryfips' and has a Countach 25th,
Countach QV and a number of other gems. They're absolutely stunning. Daily Driven Exotics often have him on their chanel and I think you might enjoy that!

Have a good week mate.

Cheers
Old 08-23-2019, 09:09 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koomz_m View Post
Hey all!

I joined this forum in 2017 and have been lurking through some of the threads on here and thought it's time to introduce myself!

Cheers,
Koomz_m
Welcome to the club Koomz. I'm from Oz too! And there's a few other guys from Australia as well. Very nice story mate and well-written.

Seeing as your choice of weapon is the big mama Aventador, how about saving up for a Gallardo as your first Lamborghini? Even one of the older ones! There's a few on Carsales at the moment for under $140k.

Get your foot in the door. You'll love the G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Dreamers Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in