Intro of a dreaming entrepreneur - Page 4 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Dreamers Forum

Dreamers Forum Kids This Is For You!

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2019, 03:55 AM

Gallery: 0

Thanks Neo!

Guess what, I'm still alive:

This summer, business wasn't going too well. I had built up a decent buffer to be able to get through it, but I was really doubting whether I should keep going with this business. Also because all successful people I study have had many early businesses fail before they make something work. This business I'm running is only my second business if you count my first freelancing activities as a business..

But then all of a sudden, September happened and it was my best month ever, 16.5k revenue. Also my first 5 figure month ever, which is a nice milestone. It felt like a sign of the universe that I should not give up on this thing, so I just kept going.

Most of my activities since last spring have been planning and improving the business to simply provide the best service in the world for my small niche. September gave me an extra motivational boost to really get this happening.

Since June I hired two extra freelance developers to help me with this. I'm also doing a lot of developing myself. I kind of hired the developers as advisors almost rather than employees. I explained them my big vision, they gave me their recommendations on what global frameworks and things to use, they set it all up and taught me how to expand it, and I've been doing a lot of work expanding it. Simply to save costs, because (good) developers are quite expensive. Every time I get stuck with something, I contact them and hire them for a couple hours to explain things to me or even let them write some of the code so I can see how it's supposed to be done. It works quite well and prevents me from having to look for investors. I also feel like they really like what I'm doing and sympathise with me.

More personal (but affecting business), I broke up with my GF last March after being together for 3 years. Has been quite though emotionally, but I think it makes me stronger. It did distract me from work for a while but it's getting better. After a couple months I tried to start dating again. Tried online dating, sucks imo compared to 4 years ago. Bars at night are not really an option for my lifestyle either (I try to make waking up at 5am a habit). So what I'm doing now is way out of my comfort zone, but is therefore also good for developing my social skills: Just walking through the busy parts of my city and approach random attractive girls I see, then just try to build a connection/attraction and date them. I've had some success with that so I guess I'm gonna stick with this, stay single for a bit and date a bunch of random girls. It builds my mental toughness too. Not dating at all would save a lot of time and energy, but is not an option for me, I've tried it and it just makes me go crazy when I don't have any feminine energy in my life.

I've had 3 5-figure months so far, January has been the best ever, 19k USD. Also, I always keep track of revenue number over the past 365 days, and last week this number crossed the 100k mark which is a huge milestone. I'm planning to launch the new web application (that should make my service the "best service in the world") at the end of Q1 with the minimum required features. Then slowly ramp up marketing over the rest of 2019 and adding the extra features I still have planned for post-launch.

I feel really good about this right now. Hope to get my momentum going like this and NOT GIVE UP.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2019, 07:15 PM
Gold Site Supporter

That reminds me of a funny story. When I was a freshman in college my roommate got a book on how to pick up girls. I laughed at him but one Saturday borrowed it for something to read. I read the short book that morning and decided to go out and pick up a beautiful woman. I went to the bookstore and started talking to the hottest girl in there. I got her to go have coffee with me and said " do you mind if I stop by my Dorm room and drop off my books?" She said sure so I walked in with a beautiful girl about 45 minutes after I left. I think I actually created an urban legend with that one. Remember everything you want is on the other side of fear. Women included. Forget the bars. Hit the grocery store, starbucks etc. Show no fear and you will be shocked at the kind of women you will meet. Many beautiful women sit at home because guys are too scared to talk to them. Most don't even think they are beautiful. Lee
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2001 Hummer H1 Wagon (sold)
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-19-2019, 11:29 PM

Hahah Lee that's awesome

I've been doing this stuff a lot more, while traveling in Asia, talked to tons of girls on the beach and cafe's during the day while just doing my own stuff. It's amazing what kind of adventures you can generate by just being a bit more social, especially in this age of smartphones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
Everything you want is on the other side of fear.
Love this 👍

So quick update. We're into Q2 for 3 weeks already. I'm a bit behind on completing my Q1 goal, dedicated April to catch up with that while still being able to make the Q2 plans happen.

Q1 has been quite ok in terms of revenue, January was my best month ever in this business, almost hit the 20k USD mark. Also hit the 100k/year mark which shows I'm making some good consistent progress as well. At 105k revenue now over the past 365 days.

Like I said, I'm traveling in Asia now, periods solo and periods meeting other business owners which is both great. I get work done every single day. Although these tropical places / beaches are not the most effective environment to really get **** done, I think it's a good decision because I feel like I need to learn what the world has to offer, how things work in different cultures, just to get a bigger perspective of things, and eventually be able to choose the right place for me to live and drive around in a Lambo

Old 04-22-2019, 07:36 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Next time you are at the beach just walk up o the hottest girl on the beach and say Hi . If you strike out with her go to another place on the beach (Out of sight from the first girl) and go talk to another. I can almost guarantee that it will not take 3 attempts to land one. Lee
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX
Old 06-30-2019, 06:42 AM

Hahah yep @Lee it's true I ditched online dating and just doing it like that now.

We're about to hit Q3. I've had a massive wave of motivation for building the business, which I wanted to capitalize on so I pretty much cut out everything and just focused on: consistent sleep, gym 6x / week, and work. No new girls, (almost) no dates, very little social life. And I've got a lot done! I haven't been doing it all myself, hired 5 developers during this project so far (all parttime). I would feel bad if I'd be doing all the work myself, I think I found a nice balance because I don't want to completely remove myself from writing the software because:
- It's fulfilling to be able to summon an "army of robots" in the cloud
- I still have leverage because I make computers work for me
- Keep my brain occupied with complicated stuff which keeps me sharp

About to launch a new version of my app, which is a bit scary, but that makes it feel like I'm on the right track. I'm in one of those cliche entrepreneurs situations, launching this thing with the bare minimum features I want to include is like throwing myself off a cliff, no way back, and on my way down, while it's live, I'll have to add the rest of the important features and build the proverbial airplane.

Revenue hasn't been growing a lot, I'm at 106.5k yearly now, but I honestly haven't been doing anything to grow it so I can't complain. All I've done is work on this new app. Plan is to get this thing live and continue the growth from there

Once my motivation for business dies down a bit (which it will, just the nature of things). I will have my discipline take over and keep working, although I don't want to keep neglecting social life for too long.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:17 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Thanks for the update. Sometimes we have to slow down , build infrastructure then grow again. I am glad to hear the advice on meeting girls helped. It will work for any young man or woman. It is the same as business. Sometimes putting fear aside is the formula for great success. The great thing about cliff jumping is that you better learn how to fly or hit the ground trying. It is the strongest motivator in the world. If you do hit just do the Wylie Coyote move . Dust off and try again. Lee
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX
Old 09-29-2019, 12:51 PM

Thanks for your input Lee

Today's the last Sunday of 2019Q3 so time for an update:

Just spent some time planning Q4, exciting days.

Revenue is not good though.. dropped below the magic 100k/year mark down to around 94k.. Reason for this is simple: I spent pretty much all my time and energy over the past year on building a new platform that’s not live yet, so that work has zero impact on growth (so far)

I’ve been delaying the deadline many times.. which is bad. 3 months ago I said I was about to launch.. but now however, I expect with 99% confidence we’ll be able to deploy this thing in October.

Biggest reason for the delay is slower work than anticipated, and unforeseen tasks that pop up after diving into the rabbit hole of proper web application practices. It’s going to be so much better though than what’s running now, it’s ridiculous. This will be such a solid foundation to build/expand upon, and maintaining this thing will be a breeze compared to the current Frankenstein situation.

Also, I spent some significant time this Summer off the business. I’m not planning to do this often, but I felt I had to work a bit on my social skills like I mentioned last update. Did some networking, traveling, dating, had a blast. And was so energized to get back to the grind afterwards. I don’t regret it. I had an opportunity to get to know some amazing contacts. If I wouldn’t have done this, I’m quite certain there would be this nagging feeling of "what if", and now I know.

Finally, I’m doing THEMFCEO’s #75HARD challenge. If you don’t know, TheMFCEO is a business podcast (highly recommend it). This program is 75 days of working on your grit, discipline, and mental toughness. I’m at day 21 as of writing this. Feels good, it has a positive influence on my productivity already.

Last edited by RiPe; 09-29-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:22 PM
Gold Site Supporter

I used to feel guilty about vacation but discovered that every time I went , I came back and made more money. Sometimes play time is exactly what the mind needs to resolve things and discover better ways to do things. When you are in the middle of the SH%#, it is hard to step out and gain perspective.
2014 Ford Raptor
2009 H2 Luxury
2006 Hummer SUT
2005 Hummer SUV
2016 KTM 150SX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Dreamers Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in