Waterless Car Wash - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Tools, Equipment, and Cleaning

Tools, Equipment, and Cleaning DIY'ers - Rate products and tools you've used on your Lamborghini

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2018, 08:43 AM
Administrator
Onyx Site Supporter

Gallery: 0

I bought some Chadwicks. It's nice, but frankly I can't tell the difference between it and Meguiars detail spray.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2018, 11:19 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayman View Post
I bought some Chadwicks. It's nice, but frankly I can't tell the difference between it and Meguiars detail spray.
Yeah, but I will say one thing, Chadwick has the best spray bottle! The freight cost alone would deter me from buying it again.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-29-2018, 05:16 PM

Another vote for ONR.

If done properly, with a 2-bucket method, and pre-spraying the panels with diluted ONR, it is possible to clean mild- and medium-dirty cars with near-zero swirls or scratches.

* ONR Wash & Shine = leaves a "cleaner" panel for layering wax on top, but can leave white residue behind.

* ONR Wash & Wax = leaves a less "clean" panel, because it lays down a thin layer of wax, but it is slicker and does not leave a white residue.

I use ONR W&W for 3 cars, and only ever return to "traditional" shampoos if the car is very dirty or dusty or caked in muck and mud.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toplambo View Post
Another vote for ONR.

If done properly, with a 2-bucket method, and pre-spraying the panels with diluted ONR, it is possible to clean mild- and medium-dirty cars with near-zero swirls or scratches.

* ONR Wash & Shine = leaves a "cleaner" panel for layering wax on top, but can leave white residue behind.

* ONR Wash & Wax = leaves a less "clean" panel, because it lays down a thin layer of wax, but it is slicker and does not leave a white residue.

I use ONR W&W for 3 cars, and only ever return to "traditional" shampoos if the car is very dirty or dusty or caked in muck and mud.
You’re right about the ONR leaving a little white residue but I have only noticed it on the front window not the panels. Also, the ONR does not leave as slick a finish as Chadwick’s. A microfiber cloth will slide off the roof treated with Chadwick’s, not so much with the ONR.
To clarify, my Huracan was paint corrected, wrapped with Expel Ultimate and ceramic coated with Opti-Coat pro plus. The front window has a protective film called Clearplex.
In summary, I prefer Chadwick’s but the cost doesn’t justify the difference.
2008 Gallardo SL (Sold)
Old 08-27-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toplambo View Post
Another vote for ONR.

I agree, ONR along with their spray wax before drying with a weave towel blows Chadwicks out of the water. My Murcielago always looks wet, absolutely stunning. I tried Chadwicks, went through two bottles of it, then tried the ONR. Night and day, not even close.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russk View Post
My car is the same way, never take a hose to it. I do use Chadwick’s Triple Play. It’s a waterless wash and Detailer. Great stuff, site sponsor and not cheap.
My car never gets dirty either. Just dusty sometimes. I am keen to try this product. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:51 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperdean View Post
Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine is a close second to Chadwick’s. A lot cheaper, easy to use with a wide network of distributors. May be available locally.

Similar the mequiars detail spray? What’s your process for using it?
Stay tuned! Real carbon fiber remote keys, real carbon dash, real carbon paddle shifters, console pieces, real carbon SL wings, side skirts, engine panels, silicone intakes hoses, billet rocker switches for center of dash, LOC/Fabspeed exhausts, and OEM Lambo parts (Lambo tax kinda still applies for these)

Call or text 717-319-2100 (24/7) - Do Not PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:02 AM

2 bucket method
1 oz. ONR in 2 gallons of water. Soak microfiber rags.
Wring rag until slightly dripping.
Wash one section at a time.
Blow dry.
2008 Gallardo SL (Sold)
Old 05-27-2019, 08:07 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4092xx View Post
This is what I use as a detailer. I put three cap fulls in a 32 oz. spray bottle and wipe my Lambo down with it along with a microfiber towel. It has a lubricant to prevent dust from scratching the finish. Been using it for years. A big bottle costs $20. At this rate a bottle lasts years!
You mean the "Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine"?
Stay tuned! Real carbon fiber remote keys, real carbon dash, real carbon paddle shifters, console pieces, real carbon SL wings, side skirts, engine panels, silicone intakes hoses, billet rocker switches for center of dash, LOC/Fabspeed exhausts, and OEM Lambo parts (Lambo tax kinda still applies for these)

Call or text 717-319-2100 (24/7) - Do Not PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
You mean the "Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine"?
Let us know how you go with this product Jason. I'm keen to hear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Tools, Equipment, and Cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in