The Quick Jack - Page 4 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Tools, Equipment, and Cleaning

Tools, Equipment, and Cleaning DIY'ers - Rate products and tools you've used on your Lamborghini

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2019, 11:33 PM

Gallery: 0

I'm about to buy 5000 slx for my avent s roadster. Did you have to use the included rubber lifting blocks on your aventador? Any pics of avent lifted on quick jack? Many thanks😀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintrix View Post
Lifted my Aventador last weekend with the QuickJack 5000SLX. It worked perfectly as it is super stable. I had it up for 2-3 days and it was sturdy, even with me pushing and pulling on it. You can do so much with the small surface area of the QuickJack. If you do need to access the sides and want the car in the air, you can always lift it up, then place blocks under the wheels and lower the vehicle to sit on the blocks.

As far as clearance goes, I didn't want to take any chances so I got a set of old used 10lb rubber bumper plates (the ones from the gym) and placed them under each wheel. I think it only added less than an inch, and that gave it enough clearance. I have a feeling I could have gotten away without using them, but can' t confirm.

The 5000 series is only rated to 5000lbs, but I was able to also lift my Tesla Model X (with the SLX frame extensions since the wheel base is a lot longer and the lifting points is further apart) even though the Model X weighed more than 5000 lbs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2019, 05:20 PM

Does it have a locking mechanism to stop it from crushing you?

2011 Lamborghini 570-4 Performante
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-30-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra458 View Post
I'm about to buy 5000 slx for my avent s roadster. Did you have to use the included rubber lifting blocks on your aventador? Any pics of avent lifted on quick jack? Many thanks😀
Sorry I don't have too many photos of it in the air, but here is two (from two separate occasions that I lifted it).

To answer your question: It is imperative that you use the rubber blocks because that's what you want contacting the your vehicle, not bare metal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WeChat Image_20200130153043.jpg (65.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg WeChat Image_20200130153037.jpg (45.1 KB, 18 views)

Old 01-30-2020, 03:18 PM

Wow AV looks stunning. Thanks for the pics. I looked under my car yesterday and saw these vertical plastic flap/extenstion near the jacking points (front and rear). I believe they are held by couple screws. Did you have to remove them to slide the quick jack under the car? By looks of it, I'm thinking the inner quick jack frame might hit this plastic when you try to position the quick jack into jacking points. I just placed order last week so my quick jack is on the way. Were you doing an oil change on your AV? I'm about to perform my first oil change on my AV S with help of my friend. Thanks a bunch for your helpful input 🙂

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry I don't have too many photos of it in the air, but here is two (from two separate occasions that I lifted it).

To answer your question: It is imperative that you use the rubber blocks because that's what you want contacting the your vehicle, not bare metal.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Wow AV looks stunning. Thanks for the pics. I looked under my car yesterday and saw these vertical plastic flap/extenstion near the jacking points (front and rear). I believe they are held by couple screws. Did you have to remove them to slide the quick jack under the car? By looks of it, I'm thinking the inner quick jack frame might hit this plastic when you try to position the quick jack into jacking points. I just placed order last week so my quick jack is on the way. Were you doing an oil change on your AV? I'm about to perform my first oil change on my AV S with help of my friend. Thanks a bunch for your helpful input 🙂
Thanks! No, I jacked it up to install a rear diffuser (which required removing the rear bumper), Vorsteiner sides and front lip.

In regards to the vertical plastic flaps, if you're referring to a small black flap that has a sort of an L shape, I only saw one per side near the rear wheel, which was not in the way. I think it helps with air flow, but can be removed. I did not see any of the vertical plastic flaps in the front - it could be an Aventador S thing as I only have a 2015.

Make sure you buy some transmission fluid and a funnel, as it is required for the QuickJack. The installation was simple and make sure you cycle/bleed it correctly so that you get all the air out of the system before you first use it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg av11.jpg (93.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-30-2020, 10:03 PM

Your AV is incredible! Love those Vorsteiner aero parts. Frankly, I think lp700 looks so much better than AV S. I miss my 2014 av roadster.
Thanks for the reminder on AT fluid and funnel. And I'll make sure I bleed the jack before use, much appreciated. And yes I'm referring to the l shaped vertical flap. Glad to hear they don't have to come off. I guess the front flaps are S specific.
I will post a pic of my S roadster once I safely get it up in the air 🙂 Thanks for your valuable input. You guys are always so helpful. Safe motoring 🙂

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! No, I jacked it up to install a rear diffuser (which required removing the rear bumper), Vorsteiner sides and front lip.

In regards to the vertical plastic flaps, if you're referring to a small black flap that has a sort of an L shape, I only saw one per side near the rear wheel, which was not in the way. I think it helps with air flow, but can be removed. I did not see any of the vertical plastic flaps in the front - it could be an Aventador S thing as I only have a 2015.

Make sure you buy some transmission fluid and a funnel, as it is required for the QuickJack. The installation was simple and make sure you cycle/bleed it correctly so that you get all the air out of the system before you first use it.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Your AV is incredible! Love those Vorsteiner aero parts. Frankly, I think lp700 looks so much better than AV S. I miss my 2014 av roadster.
Thanks for the reminder on AT fluid and funnel. And I'll make sure I bleed the jack before use, much appreciated. And yes I'm referring to the l shaped vertical flap. Glad to hear they don't have to come off. I guess the front flaps are S specific.
I will post a pic of my S roadster once I safely get it up in the air 🙂 Thanks for your valuable input. You guys are always so helpful. Safe motoring 🙂
Thank you! If you need any help i'm sure me / other people here would gladly help if they can.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:06 PM

Has anyone tried a Quickjack w a Huracan? which model is the best fit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Tools, Equipment, and Cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in