The Quick Jack - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Tools, Equipment, and Cleaning

Tools, Equipment, and Cleaning DIY'ers - Rate products and tools you've used on your Lamborghini

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2016, 04:11 PM
Administrator
Onyx Site Supporter

Gallery: 0
Default The Quick Jack

I think some of you can relate. Even though I have a 4 post lift, it's always a pain to shuffle cars and have the right car on the lift at the right time when you want to do some work. I wanted to be able to get all fours off the round so I could work under the car, and find an alternative to floor jacks and stands which are a pain in their own right.

Searching online I found the Quick Jack, and I must say, aside from another heavy clunky piece of equipment it's about as light and portable as it can be while getting a car in the air fast with as little hassle as possible. I bought the 5000 lb model. $1,340.00. Just got through changing oil pan gasket.

I would really recommend this product for those not having room for a regular lift, or even if you do. Very handy.

http://www.quickjack.com/shop-quickj...-110-volt.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quick jack.jpg (185.5 KB, 246 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2016, 06:50 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Wow, that is nice! Very simple.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayman View Post
I think some of you can relate. Even though I have a 4 post lift, it's always a pain to shuffle cars and have the right car on the lift at the right time when you want to do some work. I wanted to be able to get all fours off the round so I could work under the car, and find an alternative to floor jacks and stands which are a pain in their own right.

Searching online I found the Quick Jack, and I must say, aside from another heavy clunky piece of equipment it's about as light and portable as it can be while getting a car in the air fast with as little hassle as possible. I bought the 5000 lb model. $1,340.00. Just got through changing oil pan gasket.

I would really recommend this product for those not having room for a regular lift, or even if you do. Very handy.

BL-5000SLX-AC EZ Portable Car Lift - Lightweight Race Jacks - QuickJack USA
Good post.

Has anyone tried to use this on a Gallardo?
clearance issues? etc.
Any advice appreciated.
cheers,
john
1969 Jaguar XKE roadster, midnight blue, manual, 5.1L 6cyl-356 bhp,415 ft-lbs
2006 Toyota LandCruiser, white, auto, 4.2L 6 cyl turbo diesel

Old 03-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Administrator
Onyx Site Supporter

Since it works on the Diablo, I guarantee it will work on the Gallardo. Pretty sure the Gallardo is not lower. This lift squeezes down to 3". It does have to have lift points on the outer edge of the frame.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:18 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayman View Post
Since it works on the Diablo, I guarantee it will work on the Gallardo. Pretty sure the Gallardo is not lower. This lift squeezes down to 3". It does have to have lift points on the outer edge of the frame.
Hi Rayman,

thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.

I would love to see a photo of the quickjack being used on a gallardo, as i am not sure if the gallardo does have lift points at the outer edge of the frame.

cheers,
john
1969 Jaguar XKE roadster, midnight blue, manual, 5.1L 6cyl-356 bhp,415 ft-lbs
2006 Toyota LandCruiser, white, auto, 4.2L 6 cyl turbo diesel
Old 03-08-2016, 04:55 PM

Are you using lifting blocks or just using the entire surface of the quick jack?
Old 03-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Administrator
Onyx Site Supporter

I am using the rubber lifting blocks under the lift points.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:55 PM

I live in a condo and have a small garage. I can’t put a lift in my garage. However, there are many times I want to rotate my tires or clean under the car. This Quick Jack sounds like a worthwhile investment.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Wild View Post
I live in a condo and have a small garage. I canít put a lift in my garage. However, there are many times I want to rotate my tires or clean under the car. This Quick Jack sounds like a worthwhile investment.
Pretty much the same here. I've so often thought of rotating tires myself or getting underneath the cars for some simply maintenace, but just can't do it. Our garage simply wasn't designed with a lift in mind. It is essentially two 2-car bays and a lift in either side would make that 2-car bay into a 1-car bay. A proper lift would simply take up too much space...and the ceilings are only 7.5 feet so you can't jack up a car very high anyways. This Quick Jack looks to be the perfect solution! It will allow me to do basic maintenance, won't take up much space, and can be stored when not in use. Thanks for the heads up, Rayman!
Old 06-02-2016, 10:24 AM

Has any one here used "quick jack" on a murcielago?? Will it work? Is it long enough to hit the jacking points.??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Tools, Equipment, and Cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in