Tuning company like Gemballa or Prior - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Other > Business, Investing, Economy

Business, Investing, Economy For Discussions on Business, Investments, and the Economy

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2012, 01:50 PM

Gallery: 0

lolnopenopenope

Last edited by 23783; 08-13-2017 at 07:19 PM. Reason: dreamer childish post
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 04:38 PM

$ + how much you value your time. Business such as dealerships, peformance shops etc. are not started over night.

Figure your overhead might be in the 20k-40k range (taxes, morgage/rent, utilites etc.)

Monthly costs flucutate. Some months may be better than others, but the bills always come. Also may want to consider how large of a staff your going to have. Manager, techs, secretary. This is just a few things to consider to "get started" must talk to vendors for supplies because it is hard to sell nothing. Unless you plan on selling your good looks

Now, I am not trying to put any ideas down. Just trying to say there is no exact number, as there are many factors to running each business and got to remember the unexpected curve balls that get thrown in the mix. If you want both an exotic dealership and this, I say have 1-3 million saved and ready to lose.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLP640 View Post
$ + how much you value your time. Business such as dealerships, peformance shops etc. are not started over night.

Figure your overhead might be in the 20k-40k range (taxes, morgage/rent, utilites etc.)

Monthly costs flucutate. Some months may be better than others, but the bills always come. Also may want to consider how large of a staff your going to have. Manager, techs, secretary. This is just a few things to consider to "get started" must talk to vendors for supplies because it is hard to sell nothing. Unless you plan on selling your good looks

Now, I am not trying to put any ideas down. Just trying to say there is no exact number, as there are many factors to running each business and got to remember the unexpected curve balls that get thrown in the mix. If you want both an exotic dealership and this, I say have 1-3 million saved and ready to lose.

Thanks for the help! I love the answer! Very informative! Yeah, I don't think my good looks would do much here :P

Anywhoo, that is perfect! I was hoping it wouldn't cost too much to do both of these ideas I had! The $1-3 million is perfect, because I had $7 million saved up! I was just hoping it wouldn't run over that like owning a new lambo dealership (above $30 million)

I'll think over it, and hopefully I start at least one of these up!

Old 08-29-2012, 07:04 PM

Lambo dealership would not cost 30 milllion I would say 5-10. But you need approval, And Cali does not have a market for a new store. I would Say go out west more. or north west..

East Coast would be good as there are not many Official Lambo stores.

These are Just my thoughts on everything FYI.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:54 PM

Forget tuning and dealerships, dime a dozen. Want to get into the exotic car business and make money? Design and remanufacture hard to find or unavailable parts.

Want one to start with? PM me.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:17 PM

I'd definitely suggest you do a feasibility test on this idea before you jump into it. Not so much for funding, but on available necessary resources.

Do you know enough mechanics that KNOW Lamborghini well enough that you'd risk lawsuits to let them "tune" other people's super cars, that would leave their safe guaranteed job to take a risk and work for you? Have you ever worked in car sales, or more importantly have any experience in the finance department of a car dealership? Do you currently have a competitive advantage for your Tuner Shop or dealership that a reputable dealer or tuner shop wouldn't be able to replicate almost immediately? (Like, hey this is the guy that lead the engineering research for Lamborghini for the past ten years, he now works here as our head tuner). That cant be replicated easily, that is a competitive advantage. Do you NEED to start these businesses, like you would just die if you couldn't set up these two businesses...

Because let me tell ya, you will NEED to love what you do at a Tuner shop. I wouldn't trust any of my vehicles to be modified by someone who wasn't in love with that brand or type of vehicle. Anyone who owned a tuner shop just to own a tuner shop, I would be prejudice against. If he couldn't open my hood and talk shop with me, and make me feel like he knew WAY more than I did, I would thank him for the free coffee and go about my Saturday...
Old 11-14-2015, 01:28 PM

Your in investment banking, have 7 million saved up and your asking us???

Sorry but your either a troll or lucky to have that money(because I don't expect somebody to just have 7 million sitting around to start a tuning company taking internet advice from people who may or may not be teenagers). I would not make a $7M investment without consulting experts and surrounding myself with a team. I have made a 7 figure purchase before and it took years to make the transition and I'm still paying it off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Other > Business, Investing, Economy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in