The next recession? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Other > Business, Investing, Economy

Business, Investing, Economy For Discussions on Business, Investments, and the Economy

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2016, 12:21 AM

Gallery: 0
Default The next recession?

Recessions are always a when not an if, so what's your thought on when the next one is coming?
My guess is around 2018 we should be slightly turning down, at least on the east coast and the west coast to follow, but this is just a guess from lectures I have been to, it seems most other economists are saying around 2018, but I want to hear from other real people their gut feeling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2016, 12:54 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

I actually thought it would be this year, but now I'm setting up for 2017.

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2016, 01:19 AM

It is coming soon
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Old 03-22-2016, 06:14 AM

Gallery: 2

housing shortage, strict and conservative lending, elections
Late 2017 early 2018 we will see a downturn but not catastrophic as 2008
Old 03-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Administrator
Onyx Site Supporter

I don't see anything overheated to cause one. Heck people are still using the word "recovery" to describe our current status, thinking that there's some expectation to return to 6% growth every year. I don't see that legitimately happening at all. I'd say this is the new normal. Slow, sluggish growth with no engine to go faster. America's new place in the global economy.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:53 PM

...we would have dramatic growth if we could get the government out of the the Auto, Power, Medical and Aeronautic...I'm just sayin'
Old 03-22-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
...we would have dramatic growth if we could get the government out of the the Auto, Power, Medical and Aeronautic...I'm just sayin'

Along with just about every other industry out there. Over regulation is what is killing us and it's only getting worse and worse.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Administrator
Onyx Site Supporter

To put another way, America, and I'll include the American worker is not globally competitive....Speaking as an employer, and I'm just sayin....

I don't see the government as that much of a hindrance, we do need lower taxes, but as far as regulations, we're gonna have more than a third world developing country, and we should, or would you like skies, and water like China?

Last edited by Rayman; 03-22-2016 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:28 PM

I think we are moving into a more protectionist state with all the bad guys sacking Europe right now with plans to continue their opportunities here. China is continuing to invest heavily in businesses and real estate here because they know we are moving in that direction of locking the door. Whether we get Trump or Hillary, we are going to continue on that path. We have less and less influence on the global economy that requires us to be present outside of our borders. China's economy has been getting kicked in the nads for a year and our economy has continued slowly stabilizing. I think we are going to see more growth for awhile and don't see the next recession for quite a few years yet.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:03 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayman View Post
To put another way, America, and I'll include the American worker is not globally competitive....Speaking as an employer, and I'm just sayin....

I don't see the government as that much of a hindrance, we do need lower taxes, but as far as regulations, we're gonna have more than a third world developing country, and we should, or would you like skies, and water like China?
I know of someone who wants to change all that and make America great again. :-)

2017 Huracan Giallo Inti 610-4 Spyder :sold

2016 Huracan Blu Lemans 610-4 Spyder Sold

2012 Gallardo Black 550-2 Spyder Sold

2008 Gallardo Black Spyder Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Other > Business, Investing, Economy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in