Lamborghini Talk banner

Car insurance Recommendations

5K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Jr Mint 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Long time forum lurker, though haven't posted much. I'll be making my first exotic car purchase next few weeks, due to decreasing car values in the area. Aiming to get an '17 Aventador, though the one area I keep getting stuck on is car insurance.

For anybody that owns a lambo today, whom are you using for car insurance? I've tried reaching out to some of the larger firms, but keep hitting a dead end. I'm already assuming it's around $450 - $600 per month, based on stories I've seen from other past buyers.

Thank you!

#6 ·
My 2018 Huracan was $1600/yr. I added my wife’s car and it lowered to $1400/yr.

#9 ·
I use American Modern that I signed up for through the National Corvette Museum of all places.

It’s agreed upon value, and I have it for 7000 miles/year for $150/month.

State Farm used to be who insured my previous Gallardo for $200/mo, but then they wanted ~$400/mo for my current Lambo. That’s why I switched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
American Modern blew away Haggerty in price for my 97 Diablo. I have them on a separate policy because I have teenagers. I think I pay approximately 1450 a year for a agreed value clause. Good luck and know that it will have a lot to do with where you park, is it secure, how many miles a year you will plan on driving it, and of course age and driving record. Good luck and post pictures when you get it.

#12 ·
Thanks for the help!

I'll speak to American Modern today and see what kind of quote I can get. So far State Farm seems to be leading the race, almost $250 cheaper than Hagerty . Hagerty quoted me $700 a month, ouch lol

Clean driving record, parked in secure garage, around 1.5k miles a year.. Though I'm 32 not sure if that has something to do with it. :confused:

Will for sure post pictures in a few weeks.

#13 ·
I'm 34. Here is my experience:
Cincinnati Insurance
Aventador: $1,700/year
Huracan: $1,300/year

I have since moved back to State Farm, not because it's cheaper, but because they let me put my cars in "storage mode" whereas Cincinnati doesn't, and my annual price is far less since my cars stay in storage most of the time.

State Farm:
Aventador: $288/month
Ferrari 458: $180/month

Good luck. It helps if you package other items to your policy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.