Old 12-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Tech Exotic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Zee View Post
Right on. I think customers become happy when they make informed decisions. I’m sure you would agree.

Along that line, would you please address the concerns about the lack of ring gear balancing, as I described above?

Many thanks.

40 years of being a mechanical engineer does not make you an expert in clutches or E-gear. If it did, you would not burn up 4 new E-gear pumps. After burning up the first one, you should have known that something else is causing the pump to burn up. You and your mechanic in AZ couldn't figure it out so you used my mechanic that I introduced to the forum to fix your problem.

I have explained to you about the ring gear when we talked but you choose not to listen and not hear the facts. We balance our clutches to 10k rpm. The way it's balanced, it has enough tolerance that you can use a new ring gear or your own ring gear. Again that's because the way we set up and balance our clutches. If this clutch was installed in an engine that revved up to 18-20k rpm like previous F1 engines, then the ring gear would be balanced but it's not necessary in a Gallardo engine(the way we set it up). Even Valeo, manufacturer of Lamborghini and R8 clutches, don't require you to get a new ring gear for an R8 and also LP560. If you buy a pressure plate separately from Valeo, the pressure plate does not come with a ring gear. A lot of people use their old ring gear.

We modify Valeo pressure plate for our HT200 and HT300 but HT350 starts with our own billet aluminum pressure plate. When we get a pressure plate from Valeo, sometimes they have a batch that comes with a ring gear and sometimes it doesn't. It makes no difference. That's why we have never had any vibration at high rpm with our clutches. As I showed you before, we have a customer with 80k miles and he takes it racing a lot and there is no vibration. As I said before, we have sold over 2,000 clutches and not even one with any kind of vibrations. You have not installed our clutch. You have not driven our clutch and you have not shown even one customer of ours with a vibration. Please stop spreading false information.
To clarify, I have not spread any false information, so you can stop right there. I have merely challenged your claims, which to this point, still have not been substantiated by hard data, but instead by innuendo and inference. It is what it is and it looks like that’s the best you can do.

As a site sponsor, you should be prepared for, and constructively respond to, technical questions regarding the products that you are offering, rather than taking such questions as a personal affront. It shouldn’t be that that difficult to do if you’ve truly done the analysis.

As I recommended to you in previous phone discussions, you should probably have this data available to potential buyers upon request, or even as part of a certification package for the clutch assembly. I offered my help to you regarding this topic but never heard back. The offer still stands.

By the way, the mechanic that you refer to is not your mechanic. He is on this forum and operates independently, and is no way associated with your business. I actually met him through someone else and not you. He spent a week at my house to work through the e-gear issues, and is one of the best Lamborghini mechanics that I have ever met. For anyone whom is interested in his contact information, please PM me.

And you are certainly correct that I will never install one of your clutches. To each his own, but I’ve done my due diligence and it’s simply not worth the risk to my machine over the long run. The exorbitant cost and unknown risks far outweigh any advantage over OEM in my book.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Viper ACR, Paxton Supercharged
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Viper RT/10

1995 Viper RT/10

Last edited by Drew Zee; 12-01-2019 at 09:47 AM.