Lamborghini Talk banner

#@$&! Can someone explain how does the immobilizer works?

6K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  sprite 
#1 ·
I'm dumb founded with the LP640's immobilizer. It beeps for no reason, doesn't beep when you expect it to. If I disarm the car while sitting inside it wouldn't start until I get out. I'm pressing the buttons randomly, the car yells at me randomly...hell, I think I have a better grasp at understanding women than this immobilizer.

#8 ·
I find it confusing sometimes when I stop the car and leave the key in the ignition. Trying to restart it can get tense once an audience has built up... :) It looks like the immobiliser, alarm, lock, starter system has got out of sync with each other so pressing the button activates some but not all the elements.

So if I have stopped the engine and not retracted the key, I find the best way to restart is to take the key out, pause a few seconds, put the key back in, turn it and then hit the button. Btw, we are talking pre-LP arent we?

#10 ·
Btw, we are talking pre-LP arent we?
Nope. Mine is a LP640...

Mine..

1. simply locks and unlocks from outside the vehicle doors, frunk and bonnet closed. Not always on the first try or so it seems.

2. Inside, need to unlock button within 30 seconds of key in and start.

3. With car off, doors open. Front /rear parking lights go on, hit the unlock button and lights go off. Good for not draining battery while cleaning m maintenance.

I agree immobilizer is fuzzy but I guees it's probably running a slow cpu with multiple feedbacks. Takes time and a few tries. Italian
Thanks! This is a good guide.

#9 ·
Mine..

1. simply locks and unlocks from outside the vehicle doors, frunk and bonnet closed. Not always on the first try or so it seems.

2. Inside, need to unlock button within 30 seconds of key in and start.

3. With car off, doors open. Front /rear parking lights go on, hit the unlock button and lights go off. Good for not draining battery while cleaning m maintenance.

I agree immobilizer is fuzzy but I guees it's probably running a slow cpu with multiple feedbacks. Takes time and a few tries. Italian

#13 ·
Sometimes you need to lock and unlock the car again before starting car. I think it's if you unlock the car and wait too long before starting it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.