Lamborghini Forum - View Single Post - How to tie down a Gallardo in a covered trailer?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 11:41 PM

Gallery: 0

Last month I finally pulled the plug and had Montrose Trailers build me a trailer. Gary Sr. delivered the trailer to me himself during the latter part of last week. What a great man. After trekking almost 1400 miles, he took around two hours to walk me through and go over every detail of the build.

This trailer build will accommodate the Gallardo, Huracan and even the Aventador, allowing the doors to open on both sides. Normal ramp size is 10’ x 15” but they extended my ramps to 12’ x 17”. Using the car front lift, the extra 2’ provides plenty of clearance loading and unloading the car. Since I travel alone a lot, the 17” ramps provide the security in knowing I can zip up and down the ramps with plenty of room for my tires.

I can say driving in and out of the trailer is not a problem at all. Escape hatches on both sides in my opinion are a must as it not only allows easy access to the car, strapping down the tires is a breeze. It was suggested I go with the Mac’s VersaTie track system along with their custom wheel nets. Upon providing Jeremy at Mac’s with my measurements, he had the nets and gear to me in a week.

I made a 300 mile round trip this past weekend pulling my G Spyder behind my 2016 Cayenne Turbo S. Not a problem at all, all aluminum, great aero dynamics made for a very smooth and stable pull. Montrose moved the axles back on the trailer to accommodate the rear weight of the Lambo. I was able to complete the loading of the car and able to drive away in about 30 minutes.

Wanting a trailer for your Lambo or car? Call Montrose, they will build to spec.

Specs
--- Base: 20’ x 94” square back w/ 8” fenders and 185/80D13 tires on aluminum wheels to get 85” between the fenders so the car would clear.
--- Height – 88”
--- Width – 102”
--- Length – 24’ (from tongue to rear)
--- Empty Weight - Between 2,050# and 2,150#
--- 12’ x 17” ramps
--- Winch and battery
--- Second side door
--- Matching spare
--- Aluminum Vents
--- Storage in floor with lids - 8’ x 28” + 4’ x 28”
--- LED Lighting
--- Black color
--- Versa Trac (Positioned to accommodate the H Spyder according to its specs)
--- Mac’s Custom Wheel Nets (Ordered from Mac’s)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4142.jpg (125.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4153.jpg (71.3 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4159.jpg (82.4 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4162.jpg (69.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4164.jpg (79.6 KB, 58 views)

2017 Huracαn Spyder 610-4 / UR 55 (S3)
2016 Cayenne Turbo S
2013 Gallardo Spyder LP 550-2
2005 GMC Pickup (grin)