Lamborghini Talk banner

FGPSTUFF LP-560 bumper install with pics

27K views 103 replies 33 participants last post by  rjpalaypay 
#1 · (Edited)
So I bought this fiberglass bumper from FGPSTUFF. I bought the bumper and SL side skirts with carbon fiber splitter shipped to Houston, TX for total price including shipping $2400.

You can probably get the just the bumper for $1300 shipped.

Came in a crate packed nicely

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I took the bumper to a body shop for fitment and paint. Bodyshop had to do some adjustments to get it to fit and also needs finishing to get it ready for paint.

Fitment is pretty good for an aftermarket bumper with little adjusting. They will do some modifications to try to get it looking perfect.

Initial install looks pretty good to me..what do you guys think?

Attachments

#3 ·
The fitment looks pretty good to me from the photos. The problem I had with my aftermarket bumper was the side turn signal marker didn't sit properly. With a little work my body shop got everything straight. The biggest problem I normally see with aftermarket bumpers are a gap between the hood and bumper. Don't forget to post a pic of the finished bumper.

What color is your car?

Thanks for sharing post!

#4 ·
You are right they all need some work, I still think it needs some adjusting, which they are working on. So far it's pretty damn good for a $1100 bumper.

I'm planning on updating this thread often with pics as I get them from the shop.

My car is Rosso Andromeda

#10 ·
wow, that's cheap for the entire package!!! Got a link to their site?

Good luck with the final finished product! Should look killer!

#12 ·
It looks like your body shop did a better job than whoever put the gst bumper on my gallardo. I have a hood gap I would like to fix.

As far as I can tell you saved yourself a bucket of money. The final finish and paint will reveal any flaws so I'm sure we are all very interested if this comes out looking exactly like a $4000 bumper with the same amount of body shop work.

I know Lambos are a small market but I just installed a carbon fiber spoiler on my Ducati and it's got a great gloss finish and no sanding or fitting required. It retails at $200 on sale for $179. I know it's not apples for apples and I'm not a fan of the lowest bidder approach but I do like to maximize the value I get for my dollar

#17 ·
I've been eyeing this bumper for some time now. Looks really good. I think they sell the SL side skirts in carbon fiber. Any reason why you didn't go that route vs. wrapping it?

can't wait to see how this looks :D

#18 ·
Cheap is the wrong word, it's what a good quality bumper is supposed to cost. We have the same pricing for such parts in Europe and any higher price is a rip off. Lambo tax belongs to original Lambo parts but should not to aftermarket stuff.

I have a Duraflex bumper with the same pricing on order and I wonder how well the quality will be.

#19 ·
@Lefty
Thanks I'll inform the bodyshop

@kermitson
If you are looking for their products look up FGPstuff on google, they also have a ebay store. They have bunch of stuff including 570 complete kit that fits pre lPs. You have the option to buy in carbon fiber, I stuck to fiberglass as it's the least inexpensive.

I usually don't take my car to any shows, but I will once I get my mods completed.

BTW..their customer service was excellent..great communication

#21 ·
so wandering their site... they have a LOT of the desireable parts for quite a good deal!!!

new carbon SL wing, LP670 wing or SL skirts for 1k Euro! that's $900 US bucks!
the front LP bumper is a hell of a price too...

Damn, if I were keeping my G, I'd totally order the bumper, LP wing, rear diffuser and skirts... For a whopping 6k all done...

This post has been deleted
#26 ·
Thanks, I'm happy with this bumper so far. How can you say they copied RSC bumper? What if it was made from a OEM product? Also, they don't make 30 a month. They actually produced the one for me and wasn't in stock.

So far the bumper fits well and needs just as amount of work to finish as RSC or your bumper

#28 ·
I think it's best to wait until the bumper has been painted and final fitment done on the car. It's true that poly is superior to fiberglass in terms of durability. This is from an OEM standpoint as well. But all fiberglass isn't bad. It just depends on how it's produced. So I would save judgement until its finished. Only toolie has actually had the bumper in hand so if he has had prior experience with aftermarket bumpers then he would probably be able to make comment regarding how it felt. Price is always a hard thing to look at. I have a 300 dollar poly bumper on my 5 series and it's been 2 occasions where valet has bumped into a wall (slow speed) and everything buffed right out. So it just depends on the company.

#29 · (Edited)
Yes before anyone assumes its a crappy bumper lets see how it turnes out. If it looks the same and fits better you can buyh 3 of these for the price of 1 of the others. If you damage it the better quality will get damaged as well. This is mainly for exterior style not a high perfomance part where you have to worry about something being better quality.

Yes and there is such a thing as Lambo TAX. Just look at the carbon fiber pieces out there for these cars vs other cars. The mold can easily be made off a customers car that wants a discount as the first to do some carbon fiber upgrades. So the parts don't need to be purchased by vendor. Why do 2 handles cost $3000 when you can do an entire carbon fiber interior for that on many dif cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.