Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are literally 0 HP Coupes on Car Gurus and Autotrader (except there are like 3 pearl effect black ones).

Interested in a non-black, Performante Coupe? Sorry, none are for sale apparently.

Is this normal?

There was a story of a guy who gambled $10 million in Government PPP money. Did our taxpayer money create a bunch of millionaires, through illicit PPP distributions? And are they using these to buy Performantes?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
hmm funny you have mentioned this. In Australia there is only 1 HP coupe for sale but a month or so ago there was over 10

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm funny you have mentioned this. In Australia there is only 1 HP coupe for sale but a month or so ago there was over 10
Personally, I see the Performante as the last premier naturally aspirated Lamborghini.

At least, to a certain class of purchaser. Others would say that the SVJ is that premier NA Lambo.

Anyway, the Performante is holding and will eventually go up significantly in value. I wonder if people are starting to see that...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Did our taxpayer money create a bunch of millionaires, through illicit PPP distributions? And are they using these to buy Performantes?
I strongly suspect something to this effect did occur. Before the covid & relief efforts, you couldn’t swing a dead cat without hitting 4-5 Performantes and other decent Huracans.

The market was entirely bought out right around the time the PPP and EIDL loans were being thrown around.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
There are literally 0 HP Coupes on Car Gurus and Autotrader (except there are like 3 pearl effect black ones).

Interested in a non-black, Performante Coupe? Sorry, none are for sale apparently.

Is this normal?

There was a story of a guy who gambled $10 million in Government PPP money. Did our taxpayer money create a bunch of millionaires, through illicit PPP distributions? And are they using these to buy Performantes?
?? I see 9 coupes right now on auto trader in the US- 1 white 1 orange and 1red. A silver on eBay.

also what you got against black!! ;) easiest to wrap!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I strongly suspect something to this effect did occur. Before the covid & relief efforts, you couldn’t swing a dead cat without hitting 4-5 Performantes and other decent Huracans.

The market was entirely bought out right around the time the PPP and EIDL loans were being thrown around.
Glad it's not just me who thinks somethin is fishy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ok there's a few non-black coupes, but not 31. And they are all $300k--$400k or more. I should have specified that, but in the $250k to $280k window, there's basically no coupes on the market rn.
Chicago motor cars has a white one listed

·
Registered
894 Posts
I suspect dealers are not posting some of their stock. I know Canadian dealers do this a lot, I would say 50% of their stock is not listed on their sites or on AT.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I suspect dealers are not posting some of their stock. I know Canadian dealers do this a lot, I would say 50% of their stock is not listed on their sites or on AT.
Why do dealers not list stock? Is there a way to find out about unlisted HPs?

·
Registered
894 Posts

Canadian gov't sent out $500m in CERB (our PPP) payments to people who weren't eligible. Who knows how many businesses got money they shouldn't have. At some point the Feds will come knocking.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Keep the market competitive and not flood it to lower prices. I noticed Lambo does this pretty well - Mclaren doesn’t give AF. I even see other Lambo dealers buying lower priced cars just to get it off market. Happened a few times during my search. now that I am an owner, I am actually very happy with this strategy to preserve values :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Usually happens when they have overstock, Ferrari dealers are infamous for doing this. HQ also likes to keep control of used dealer cars been listed online.

Only way to find out is e-mailing dealers or going into a dealer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting. I'm learning something new every day.....

... but people with their cars on consignment want them listed right? It must be specifically dealer-owned cars. Maybe even on orders from Italy/Germany HQ.

·
Registered
894 Posts
There's plenty of HP's up here that are
Keep the market competitive and not flood it to lower prices. I noticed Lambo does this pretty well - Mclaren doesn’t give AF. I even see other Lambo dealers buying lower priced cars just to get it off market. Happened a few times during my search. now that I am an owner, I am actually very happy with this strategy to preserve values :)
I don't think controlling the market preserves values. All dealers are doing is not flooding the market with cars they know they can't sell so they'd rather keep them offline and wait it out.

I'll take Ferrari for example, up here the dealers controlled the 488 market with an iron fist. Couple years ago you couldn't even order one new and dealers forced buyers to sign one sided first right of refusal agreements. Most owners didn't care because dealers were controlling the market and they knew they would get a good trade in number if they wanted to move up the newest model.

Two years later the market is flooded with 488's and dealers who thought it was a good idea to control the market are regretting it because what's happen is used dealers and private sellers are listing the cars cheap because they're desperate to sell and you have dealers with excess inventory that they can't sell.

You can only manipulate any market for so long before it collapses. That's why it's best to let the free market dictate the prices.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts