Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I want everyone to tell what their favorite model of Lamborghini ever is, and why. I know everyone on this site has very divided opinions on the cars, especially the Murci and Gallardo, so I want to know why everybody likes whatever one they like.
My favorite was the Miura, mostly because of the beatiful design. It also presented groundbreaking technology and made the cars coming out of Maranello look obsolete, but the design is the most important thing in my personal opinion about the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Murcielago Roadster

The Murcielago Roadster has to be my favorite Lambo becasue of the awesome drop top styling. I know its not supposed to look that different from the coupe but the two are miles apart to me. The way it looks with the doors up and the clamshell engine cover up is stunning. And the two tone/texture leather is spectacular. Not to mention the 580 bhp enging roaring with nothing but 2 feet of air to ruin the sound. 3.8 to 60, just another great reason. Plus the wheels are definitely the best wheels ever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Countach. that is the car that adorned my room and now my garage. That car coined the word exotic car. When people thought exotic car, the countach was it. And for me, nothing has ever replaced in terms of visual impact and drama. Sure, there are faster and newer cars out there. But, can anyone point out an even more out of this world car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
my top 10
1: Murciélago
2: Murciélago roadster
3: Countach lp500s
4: Diablo GT
5: Gallardo
6: Diablo SV
7: Murciélago R-GT
8: Miura
9: Diablo Roadster
10: Jalpa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,728 Posts
qvpower said:
Countach. that is the car that adorned my room and now my garage. That car coined the word exotic car. When people thought exotic car, the countach was it. And for me, nothing has ever replaced in terms of visual impact and drama. Sure, there are faster and newer cars out there. But, can anyone point out an even more out of this world car?
:) totally agree with you
i love them all to lp 400 to 88.5 : they are the best looking cars ever IMO :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
qvpower said:
Countach. that is the car that adorned my room and now my garage. That car coined the word exotic car. When people thought exotic car, the countach was it. And for me, nothing has ever replaced in terms of visual impact and drama. Sure, there are faster and newer cars out there. But, can anyone point out an even more out of this world car?
The guy just explained it for me. :D Just that I dont have one right now but soon perhaps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Having driven almost every model of Lamborghini except the really old ones (pre countach), I must say that the Diablo roadster has to be one of my favorites to drive. The stunning good looks of the car with the top off and a wing on the back driving down the road garners a LOT of attention and the open air sound of the engine behind you that you cannot get out of an enclosed cockpit...ahhhhh. It is also that raw feeling of power that the Diablos have that the Murcies have refined is pretty hard not to love. The Murcies just have sooo much refinement, they are a close close second to Diablo roadster.
Although qvpower has an undeniable point, the Countach is the ultimate poster boy and driving one of those, an lp400 1973 1/2, was a dream come true from the days when I had one hanging on my wall also. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
The best thing about the countach is that it is not as drivable as the other cars. Yes, not as drivable as the other newer lambos. But, when you get out of the car after a run, you feel wonderful because you have "tamed" the bull once again. With proper driving, the car is a joy and very rewarding. Still cant get over that feeling everytime when i turn the ignition key off. Before I bought the car, I heard the clutch was too heavy, steering is too heavy and all those things. But, when you get to know that machine, the steering is just spot on at speed and you feel so connected to the road. There is no way a powersteering can recreate that type of feel. The clutch was not as heavy to me at all. In fact, it played into the overall character of the car. Not to mention, it is louder than a diablo, murcie stock. Just sounds, looks, and feels awesome! Isnt that what exotic cars are all about?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
qvpower said:
The best thing about the countach is that it is not as drivable as the other cars. Yes, not as drivable as the other newer lambos. But, when you get out of the car after a run, you feel wonderful because you have "tamed" the bull once again. With proper driving, the car is a joy and very rewarding. Still cant get over that feeling everytime when i turn the ignition key off. Before I bought the car, I heard the clutch was too heavy, steering is too heavy and all those things. But, when you get to know that machine, the steering is just spot on at speed and you feel so connected to the road. There is no way a powersteering can recreate that type of feel. The clutch was not as heavy to me at all. In fact, it played into the overall character of the car. Not to mention, it is louder than a diablo, murcie stock. Just sounds, looks, and feels awesome! Isnt that what exotic cars are all about?
I've never liked the Countach's looks; I've mentioned that before. But now, all of a sudden, I want to drive one! The Gallardo is sort of a subdued exotic. While it still has "the spirit of the bull," it has gotten the full Audification treatment- it retains all the performance, but it's not quite as challenging as a car without all the electronics and stuff. I have driven an Elise, but just once. And since it's the Lambos that I really love, I think that I'm going to try the Countach. I love my Gallardo and there's no way that I'm going to replace it with the Countach, but I think it'd be fun to at least experience one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
miuracorse,

you should try getting one. The non powersteering is just wonderful. You feel like you are driving a go cart with the steering. It is just so linear and communicative. There are many 25th still available. Who says you cant have TWO lambos....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,177 Posts
qvpower said:
The best thing about the countach is that it is not as drivable as the other cars. Yes, not as drivable as the other newer lambos. But, when you get out of the car after a run, you feel wonderful because you have "tamed" the bull once again. With proper driving, the car is a joy and very rewarding. Still cant get over that feeling everytime when i turn the ignition key off. Before I bought the car, I heard the clutch was too heavy, steering is too heavy and all those things. But, when you get to know that machine, the steering is just spot on at speed and you feel so connected to the road. There is no way a powersteering can recreate that type of feel. The clutch was not as heavy to me at all. In fact, it played into the overall character of the car. Not to mention, it is louder than a diablo, murcie stock. Just sounds, looks, and feels awesome! Isnt that what exotic cars are all about?
I think this is what's missing with newer exotics. Too refined. I've never driven A Countach, but I'm sure I know what it feels like. All sensations in play, and it makes you work. That's the way it should be. You don't forget it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
qvpower said:
miuracorse,

you should try getting one. The non powersteering is just wonderful. You feel like you are driving a go cart with the steering. It is just so linear and communicative. There are many 25th still available. Who says you cant have TWO lambos....
No one does, I just worry that I'd never drive it and all it would do is sit in my garage and depriciate. Also, buying a Lamborghini isn't like going to the store and buying a gallon of milk. And I just don't like the styling very much. But I am going to try and find one to drive. Thanks, though, for opening me up to something I never would have considered before. Maybe my 2 year old will grow up to be a Lambo fan, and maybe I'll buy him a used Countach in 14 years. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Right now, countach prices are optimally priced. Considering qvs are going for 70-80 range. That is a good buy. In 14 years, prices are not going to be that cheap.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
qvpower said:
Right now, countach prices are optimally priced. Considering qvs are going for 70-80 range. That is a good buy. In 14 years, prices are not going to be that cheap.....
I'm going to have to wait and see then. I own three cars right now, all of them are great and all of them are practically new (two '04s and an '05, all less than 10k miles), and I don't want to go drop another 80,000 bucks on a fourth car right now. What I'm saying is that maybe in some years, I'll be looking for another car for myself (or my son). For now, though, I'm happy with the G-car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,728 Posts
miuracorse2913 said:
I just worry that I'd never drive it and all it would do is sit in my garage and depriciate.
mmmm, i doubt countach will depreciate in years, may be the 25th that is the most common( and not the most beautiful Countach IMO)
prices of lp 400 are rising and others are pretty firm....
in italy you can't find a good countach for less than 60000 euro, 25 th are 75000 euro ( can't understand why but so it is)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
The countach is holding fairly steady depending on the year of the vehicle. We have 2 anniv in stock right now around 100k US. Find the older ones are holding better tho-emilio has it right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You're probably right; it most likely won't depriciate. But, I still don't want to buy one. Let's not get into an argument over this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Dont worry, no one here is forcing you to buy anything. Simply pointing out reasons to buy one and why they are a favorite....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I talked to someone with lots of supercar connections who works at one my my dealerships. He talked to another guy, who owns a Countach and lives in Vegas, and he said he may drive up this weekend so we can go drivin on the salt flats :D Can't wait!!!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top