Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
21 at the moment finished up my degree in computer science (software) and took up a job, from a middle class background but I really want to have a goal of a net worth of at least $4M by the time I am 26. It's a difficult goal but I'm willing to work hard for it. My job pays just about $100k so its an ok job, but its not Lamborghini money. I am consider starting ventures on the side (business) and seeing if any hypergrowth business opportunities come up.

I have always worked extra hard towards my goals and I can see myself doing the same here, I just need a direction. Are there any other successful young and rich people here who made it work with hard work starting in their early 20s and hitting their goals by 27-28? 4 years is a lot of time, every second counts.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I’m not in the group that you’re looking to hear from but thought I’d share what worked for me once I started making real money. I would break it down by doubles and celebrate each milestone. So, to get to your number focus first on $250k, then $500k, then $1mm, $2 and then $4mm. You can absolutely hit those numbers but do it in bite size chunks!! Go get ‘me kiddo!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m not in the group that you’re looking to hear from but thought I’d share what worked for me once I started making real money. I would break it down by doubles and celebrate each milestone. So, to get to your number focus first on $250k, then $500k, then $1mm, $2 and then $4mm. You can absolutely hit those numbers but do it in bite size chunks!! Go get ‘me kiddo!!
Nice! $4M/year? What type of business are you running?
Instead of profit sharing I was thinking of businesses where the execs make money off equity rather than cash profits (those are reinvested).

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Nice! $4M/year? What type of business are you running?
Instead of profit sharing I was thinking of businesses where the execs make money off equity rather than cash profits (those are reinvested).
Negative. You mentioned net worth, that is different from income. My reference above is regarding net worth. Perhaps a google search to view the difference between the two would be a worthwhile education.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I was a software developer. Made bank and retired at 50.
You are not going to make real money working for somebody else, all you do is make them money.
Start your own company, pimp yourself out, $$$. First you need some experience and a really good reputation. Companies don't mind spending money on someone they know can get the job done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats the goal. I am trying hard to get $4M by 26. Still have 5 years,I just need to assemble a team and get a business running in software.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I’d get 7 paper route jobs. Outsource those routes to others to perform. Skim 5% off each route. Scale it to every city in America.

that’s my plan. I’m on track to obtain my goals and I’m only in 8th grade.

make sure your routes don’t get into my territory, I have friends in high school that won’t approve.
Who needs TV or even YouTube anymore? I come to LT to enjoy the next thing Angel's said. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts