Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! New member looking to potentially purchase a 2006-2009 Gallardo Spyder in the next few months. Have been reading and learning a lot from you guys. Already know the E-Gear will probably be my most expensive expense and will be getting a PPI with a snap test from a Lamborghini dealership prior to purchase.

Anyone have any experience with getting a full Xpel Stealth wrap on their vehicle? Reading people have been getting their cars wrapped for anywhere from $2000-$10,000. I'm in the Bay Area and I am okay with compromising on the wrap quality if it saves a significant amount of cash.

Thanks!

Attached is my 2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder so I have gotten my feet a little wet already with the Gallardo engine

·
Registered
232 Posts
Is Xpel Stealth only for flat/matte paints?

Even for standard full Xpel ceramic coating Bay Area prices have gone up a lot in the last few years.

Don’t compromise on quality. A bad install looks like paint marks/imperfections. If the edges aren’t wrapped dirt collects at the exposed edges. Have your installer do paint correction/polish as well.

I’ve talked to several installers in the area. I took my Huracan to OCD in Fremont. Aventador is going to Protective Film Solutions also in Fremont.

Feel free to PM me for more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a quote from OCD for $10-12k which seems too high. I honestly don't care too much about it being perfect. Just want the protection and to be able to cover the terrible color if I end up getting an ugly one (Verde Picus)

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I know that the Bay Area is more costly to live in as compared to sunny, earthquake-free Phoenix, but $10-12k is nuts.

I paid $2500 for a full car, color change gloss vinyl wrap and another $500 to ceramic coat on top of it. The shop I used is awesome and highly regarded. You need to shop around. It seems that those liberals want your wallet in more ways than one up there... lol.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Got a quote from OCD for $10-12k which seems too high. I honestly don't care too much about it being perfect. Just want the protection and to be able to cover the terrible color if I end up getting an ugly one (Verde Picus)

That sounds about right. OCD is probably the most expensive installer. If you’re buying out of state maybe look there and wrap before you ship to the Bay Area. You will save a lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's insane how there is no cheaper options in the Bay Area. One would think with more competition prices would be lower. My hypothesis is that all these new Tesla owners in the Bay are happily paying these high prices causing all shops to keep their prices artificially high

·
Registered
232 Posts
That's insane how there is no cheaper options in the Bay Area. One would think with more competition prices would be lower. My hypothesis is that all these new Tesla owners in the Bay are happily paying these high prices causing all shops to keep their prices artificially high

100%. Tesla paint is notoriously thin. Nearly all of my friends with Teslas have ceramic coat and/or xpel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stupid me, I just learned that Xpel won't change the paint color of the car to matte black, it's just a clear film that changes the finish of the paint to satin.

With that said, anyone have any recommendations for vinyl wrap shops and how much I should be looking to spend (hoping less than PPF)?

·
Registered
11,933 Posts
If the paint is a bit scuffed (not bad though), will this wrapped hid it or will the paint need to be corrected first?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts