Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good XPEL installer in or around the Austin area? Just not all that happy with the barrier properties of the Suntek Ultra PPF.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
following! My brother used ILEET for his Model X wrap and they did a great job but you have to be a pro to make XPEL look great.
I know XPEL is more challenging to apply but I get perforations in the Suntek Ultra in short order. Though, it has in all instances prevented damage to the paint. I just want a PPF that holds up better.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I searched ILEET and some of their reviews are not that stellar. I generally set pretty high standards so, they may not work for me but thanks.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out STEK, very good film and uses less adhesive.
Thanks, I will research STEK but a huge and disproportionate part of the equation is the installer.

Registered
This is who some friends of mine have used and been happy with.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is who some friends of mine have used and been happy with.
Thank you. I will reach out to them tomorrow and see what their pricing is like. As we all know, many installers talk a good game but my hope is they can walk the talk. Though, encouraging, their reviews seem good on google as well.
I want to see if they could remove the PPF off the EVO front bumper (perforation) and replace it with XPEL. Suntek Ultra looks good but I am not all that impressed with it's durability.

Vendor
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63 AMG
Contact UltimatePD, I am sure he can point you in the right direction. I believe he is in Houston but is very well connected throughout Texas.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^Great suggestion I will do that, thanks.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Registered

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Please let me know how it goes and what he charges you, I need it done on a few cars coming in soon.
I checked Authentic details pricing and it is ridiculous; there is no way I will use them.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You had sent me Rene before - do they only do Suntek? My PPF definitely needs removed and replaced. The hood drives me absolutely bonkers with its perforations. #following
Yes I used Rene and he is a great installer but the material his shop uses is Suntek is not up to snuff. I spoke with Jason the manager and I explained him this happens with every car and he said maybe we could use the 11mm verses the 8mm and I just said why didn't you advise me of that before the install you guys are the experts but they weren't willing to do anything to correct it. I called Brad from Authentic Details and to just replace the front bumper they wanted like $1150 to $1200?????? That is beyond obscene pricing, robbery in fact. I may have to go back to Rene and have him try the 11mm version.
When was your PPF done? I would call and complain to the manager, Jason, because this happens on every car they have done for me.......

Registered
Yes I used Rene and he is a great installer but the material his shop uses is Suntek is not up to snuff. I spoke with Jason the manager and I explained him this happens with every car and he said maybe we could use the 11mm verses the 8mm and I just said why didn't you advise me of that before the install you guys are the experts and weren't willing to do anything to correct it. I called Brad from Authentic Details and to just replace the front bumper they wanted like $1150 to $1200?????? That is beyond obscene pricing, robbery in fact. I may have to go back to Rene and have him try the 11mm version.
When was your PPF done? I would call and complain to the manager, Jason, because this happens on every car they have done for me.......
I haven't had it replaced yet - it's still the PPF from when I bought the car. I'd imagine it's several years old, if not original. I have been traveling for work and fun too frequently lately and haven't had the chance to get something on the books. I'm going to wait and watch your journey... my area in Round rock has so much construction going on that it's inevitable to have a rock or dirt clod thrown at my car.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't had it replaced yet - it's still the PPF from when I bought the car. I'd imagine it's several years old, if not original. I have been traveling for work and fun too frequently lately and haven't had the chance to get something on the books. I'm going to wait and watch your journey... my area in Round rock has so much construction going on that it's inevitable to have a rock or dirt clod thrown at my car.
I would have them use the 11mm if you go there but I will try to find another XPEL installer that is not out of control with pricing.

Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
So I reached out to "my guy" and learned more thanks to this thread! He said 8mm is the standard but they do have access to 10mm, which is more expensive and less pliable so it may not stick to edges as well. He said I can mix and match but the hood he'd recommend we go with 10mm. He also said his cars get the 10mm treatment everywhere so my call. Both films are xPel. www.autopaintguard.com I love their site because you can price out kits but they do not include labor. At least gives me an idea of a starting point.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts