Lamborghini Talk banner

Xenon Lights on a Diablo

8K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  ascari_2 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, I have been thinking of treating myself to a set of Xenon lights for my 6L Diablo this Christmas. While I don't do a lot of night driving, when I do the low beams on the Diablo are pritty poor. Has anybody done an after market upgrad. Was it worth it?

#5 ·
I DID REPLACE MY BIRTHDAY CANDEL HEADLIGHTS WITH HIDS. I HAD IT DOWN AT A PLACE CALLED CAR TOYS HERE IN SEATTLE, A CHANGE STORE. THE FEE WAS 599.00 INSTALLED. THEY WERE SORRY THEY DID IT FOR THIS PRICE WHEN THEY RELIZED THAT HAD TO GO IN BEHIND THE FRONT WHEEL.

BUT WITH OUT A DOUBT WORTH EVERY PENNY. I WOULD HAVE PAID EASILY 1000.00. I DO A LOT OF NIGHT DRIVING AND ALSO A LOT OF RAIN DRIVING. NOT ONLY IS 1000 TIMES BETTER, BUT THE LOOK OF THE CAR, EVEN IN THE DAYTIME WITH THE LIGHTS ON IS ONE HELL OF AN IMPROVEMENT.

I ALSO NOTED THAT CARS SEEM TO MOVE OVER A LOT SOONER NOW!!.. I AM SURE DUE TO THE HIDS.

YOU CAN'T GO WRONG, GET THEM!!!! :wave:

#7 ·
I just checked with Car Toys. They are not selling them anymore due to a problem with the DOT, saying they are not approved in the USA. They got these out of Europe, I guess they are brighter then allowed in the US.
(I have to say they are great, like a cold blue light color), anyways my buddy at CarToys says he still has the kits, they are just not ALLOWED to install them. He says its pretty easy on the LAMBO, (just got to turn the wheels hard to get in behind the headlight panel, at least on the 6.0), They will sell them to me, pass on to you $450.00 non-installed.

Let me know. :wave:

#11 ·
None of the HID aftermarket web sites (I have looked at) have a listing for lamborghini -- no big surprise I suppose, but I remembered that the lights on Diablo's 1998 and later are the exact same lights as in some Nissan. Problem is I cannot remember which model. Does anybody remember it's a 200,240,300 or 350 XX.

#18 ·
OK after spending some time looking on the web I am thinking of going with the hidexpress.com crowd for a HID. See

http://www.hidexpress.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=49

For the Nissan 300ZX they recommend the 9004 "Low beam" kit. Looking at my car (6.0L Diablo) the low beam is the small circular light. The high beam simply also lights up the larger square shaped lamp. I am assuming the HID bulb will fit in the low beam lamp housing and I don't need a HID for the high beam as well.

Anyway would somebody take a look ate the specs of this kit before I order it. Runs about ($400).

Comments please.

#20 ·
The kits you have maybe CATZ as they had to pull their entire line from the states as they did not meet reflection restrictions (i.e. scatter and blinding other drivers), and had too high an output for a DOT rating.

You can order them through websites though. I looked into a set for my Jalpa, but with the single large round light I have not been able to find a good way of mounting them since the HID are so much smaller.

Anyone have any ideas?

#21 ·
"we will pick up your vehicle in a inclosed transport for FREE anywhere in the U.S."
ROY and all members , We apologize for the misunderstanding on the free transport offer.
Unfotunately the majority of Lambo owners do not know where to get there vehicles serviced or repaired, and if your lucky enough to have somebody that "says" they repair exotic cars (THE DEALER or indepedent shop) you still get raped with the pricing. so we offer this free pick up of your vehicle to show that we are about the passion of repairing this vehicles right, not to use you to make payments on our exotic cars. example: a gentleman in Portland was quoted $42000 YES forty two thousand in repairs by his local dealer to repair several items on his 98 roadster (new clutch, new viscous coupling,new water pump,belts,thermostat,tune up, and all up to date services) we saved him over $15000 and we picked up the vehicle.
We are not saying you need to spend over $20000 for us to pick up you vehicle for free,but we can work a deal with every individual.
ROY in your case we can either ship you the HID kits and provide technical assistance on the phone, or we could still pick up your vehicles for small REALISTIC fee and install your lights here in Miami. it would also be a good idea to perform any services, repairs, or modifications you may have pending on the vehicles. Alot of our customers fly in when the repairs are done and showoff their vehicle for couple of days in South Florida speacially now in the winter. either way if anyone needs our help on parts, labor ,info, please dont hesitate... www.exotechperformance.com

#22 ·
Do the 300ZX kits require modification to the wiring harness or does the old bulb wiring just plug into the new ballast/starter and then the ballast/starter would have a new harness to go to the headlamp? I'd like to do the upgrade but don't really want to cut up a factory harness to do it.

#24 ·
91lamborestor said:
Ithl Vpr
The "kit" everyone is talking about, is it just changing the bulbs? I have my wheels and wells off and know how to change the bulbs. This would be a good time to upgrade. Can I get them locally? I'm in NYC.
John,

You have a flip up lights on Diablo right? If so, you cannot easily just replace your bulb with HID bulbs, as you will loose your high beam. I replaced my regular 4x6 headlights with a Xenarc system. It's a true HID with a regular high beams built in. The light output is better than the pathetic stock one, but not on par with MB, BMW or Lexus OEM HIDs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.